• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why so many YT ads when playing on TV?

Meicyn

Gold Member
If nobody sub to premium, Google would had given up with the ads because people would complain more and some people would stop using it thus also the creator would complain about.
They (Google) was happy for many years having youtube with small banner ads and giving insane amounts of money to famous channels.

Is Google getting poor? Does Premium magically makes the content on youtube better?
Nah, Google does not deserve our money. They are selling our data for brands, they put ads...amazing business, specially since people sub and they still sell your data.
Yeah, don’t care. Thanks to family plan sharing, I pay $36 per year and I get to watch as much Youtube or stream as much music as I want without ever having to hear or see an ad while not having to play some dumb cat and mouse software battle. At effectively ten cents per day, it’s cheaper than the tap water I use which is insane value.

Zeroing

Banned
Yeah, don’t care. Thanks to family plan sharing, I pay $36 per year and I get to watch as much Youtube or stream as much music as I want without ever having to hear or see an ad while not having to play some dumb cat and mouse software battle. At effectively ten cents per day, it’s cheaper than the tap water I use which is insane value.
Daddy! I’m poor :(

ReBurn

Gold Member
If nobody sub to premium, Google would had given up with the ads because people would complain more and some people would stop using it thus also the creator would complain about.
They (Google) was happy for many years having youtube with small banner ads and giving insane amounts of money to famous channels.

Is Google getting poor? Does Premium magically makes the content on youtube better?
Nah, Google does not deserve our money. They are selling our data for brands, they put ads...amazing business, specially since people sub and they still sell your data.
How many companies do you know of that just removed ads because nobody was willing to pay for an ad-free service? Please name them.

reksveks

When Google had to put this on their conference, you know something is wrong.

The word personal is doing alot of work also they could technically be right about the wording. They sell access to segments.

Thats not how it works at all. People can complain all they want, but where the fuck are they going to go. That's the real issue.

Back to the OP, some times the frequency capping does go a bit off and not sure why, i had this a year ago as well.

Last edited:

Paasei

This is why I will continue to watch it on PC. Adblock and some extension that also skips ads that are in the video itself.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
For any long(ish) videos, 10mins or more, I just download YT content to my PC, transfer the video to a USB drive, and watch it on my TV.

..will be watching the latest DF Retro vid later today.

Zeroing

Banned
For any long(ish) videos, 10mins or more, I just download YT content to my PC, transfer the video to a USB drive, and watch it on my TV.

..will be watching the latest DF Retro vid later today.
You can use VLC, put the link there thr app will open and you can stream it

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
maybe ex cable execs and what not in their ranks think that anyone watching YT via a TV app will be more tolerant of ads - given ex cable people think

ranmafan

Been having the exact same situation for a week now. Sometimes it’s as much as an ad or two for every minute or two of a video. It’s been crazy had bad it’s gotten with how many ads there are. And usually it’s always the same ad or group of three ads playing. It’s frustrating to try and watch a video these days.

Top Bottom