• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why was Todd Howard banned here? [He wasn’t]

Starfield

So I heard of a story that there was a user simply named "Skyrim" who argued with people on this forum until he got banned. After he got banned mods found out that his ip was coming from BGS offices.

The person who told me this said it happened on resetera but I doubt it given the time where this probably happened. He probably just didn't know that resetera didn't exist back then.

So I need to know, @EvilLore

Is this story true or fiction?

If its true I need to know what he posted lmao

Edit: if this turns out to be wrong I'm willing to share some older Todd forum posts pre Morrowind times. They're hilarious.

Update: Here's some toddposts for you to enjoy:

3xPZGbqh.jpg

f61.png

And here's my personal favourite: "all the PSX people are crying"
P5cGStnh.jpg

Last edited:

Vagswarm

I know from a previous interview that he visits this forum, but I don't know if he ever posted here. Then again I wasn't around whenever that was.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I would imagine every single dev no matter the colour of their hair would check out all the big game forums simply to keep on top off of the general mood within the various communities, why wouldn't they? Obvs they'd post anonymously cause well you know gamers can be cunts

No doubt a lot of devs visit gaf but dont post, even to this day, at least those that are not openly sjw. The world is not completely gone insane to visit the other crazy place and with politics gone here, it's even more welcoming.

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

So I heard of a story that there was a user simply named "Skyrim" who argued with people on this forum until he got banned. After he got banned mods found out that his ip was coming from BGS offices.

The person who told me this said it happened on resetera but I doubt it given the time where this probably happened. He probably just didn't know that resetera didn't exist back then.

Edit: if this turns out to be wrong I'm willing to share some older Todd forum posts pre Morrowind times. They're hilarious.

Simply named 'skyrim"

From someone who's name is "Starfield"

I'm on to you Todd

CeeJay

Don't worry about it Todd, leave that old Skyrim account in the past. You got your next gen Starfield account to try and get banned now :D

cormack12

Gold Member
That user was on era, not here and I don't think it was ever confirmed they were from BGS. They were called Skyrim and a verfied user.

4ZTxgO.jpg

They were banned, then lots of sites screencapped it - I think some news site made an article, then it was quickly shadow reversed but they aint been back for like 2 years or so I think

Starfield

That user was on era, not here and I don't think it was ever confirmed they were from BGS. They were called Skyrim and a verfied user.

4ZTxgO.jpg

They were banned, then lots of sites screencapped it - I think some news site made an article, then it was quickly shadow reversed but they aint been back for like 2 years or so I think
Finally someone who knows.

Very interesting thank you. Do you know if its still possible to reaad through his posts?

Btw I'll post some Toddpostings once I'm home. I'll add them to the OP

Also buy Anniversary Edition. It's worth it.

ManaByte

Very interesting thank you. Do you know if its still possible to reaad through his posts?

Btw I'll post some Toddpostings once I'm home. I'll add them to the OP

Also buy Anniversary Edition. It's worth it.
Does Todd know you’re stalking him?

cormack12

Gold Member

I think so, I don't have an account over there but I know you can't view user recent posts without being logged in. Unless they have their account set to private.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It could have been one of the thousands of people who worked on the game. I doubt Mr. Howard, given his professional status, would engage with anyone online. He is probably one of the highest paid game designers still doing his thing.

Guilty_AI

Thats silly, Todd would never do this kinda of low effort shilling

Oh, don't mind these

Last edited:

Starfield

It could have been one of the thousands of people who worked on the game. I doubt Mr. Howard, given his professional status, would engage with anyone online. He is probably one of the highest paid game designers still doing his thing.
Todd has the EXACT persona that he'd do something like this, even to this day and probably does.

He's not a suit. I'll show you exactly what I mean soon.

Starfield

I updated the OP with some delicious toddposts

"Get your stories straight PSXers" -Todd Howard

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
We're digging up emails from 19 fucking 97 now?

So there's statute of limitations on crimes, but god forbid you ever said something dumb online. My god kids growing up today are fucked.

Fredrik

Todd used to post here openly back in the day, before the drama blogs and social media made it hazardous for devs to speak their mind on forums. He had convos about Morrowind and so forth, everything on amiable terms.
This makes me sad. Why can’t people just be normal these days? We’re all grown ups and share a hobby and now have the opportunity to talk to people and devs on the other side of the planet, and then we go all ”Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law!” on each other 😕

This makes me sad. Why can’t people just be normal these days? We’re all grown ups and share a hobby and now have the opportunity to talk to people and devs on the other side of the planet, and then we go all ”Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law!” on each other 😕
Because at the end of the day, if something harmless and decent will inevitably fuck with the money in a way that you can't even anticipate, you have an easy decision to make. Risk mitigation, keep your mouth closed.

Top Bottom