• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wierd shit that happens while your sleeping thread

BigBooper

I used to sleep walk a lot and woke up in the walk in closet with my hands hitting the walls trying to find a way out. That was a bit terrifying.

H4ze

A couple days ago I came while sleeping, thats annoying as fuck, especially because I don't remember anything about the dream -.-
I guess it was nice.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Residue from cleaning products...? It's very rare to smell things that happen in dreams and far more likely that there's something with ammonia in your house. It could also be a sinus infection; apparently some bacteria produce sulfur or other things that smell bad.
No cleaning products at all (wife uses mainly non-chemical stuff) and not in a carpeted bedroom, and never had a sinus infection

Ok, so back in the day when Jersey Shore was still relevant, I had a dream that I was eating out Snooki. She had this nasty yellowish discharge, but I decided to eat her out anyways. She tasted like batteries.

I guess even in my dreams I make bad choices haha.

Romulus

That's what i mean, there are too many suppositions in the theory that it "flew" away.
Dropping the phone makes a hell lot more sense than a ghost picking it up and putting it there, if it has a rubber cover makes even more sense since the thud would be lower.
Also how long does it take for 1)charge the phone from what it was to 100% ? and 2)how long does it stay at 100%? if you can calculate that it would give you a better time window that could help you pin point what really happened.

There is no reason for the sound to be tied to the phone in how you tell the story.

Also, if we are throwing crazy theories around, maybe an intruder took the phone and drop it, maybe a bang was the same intruder dropping something like a gun or that very same phone? idk.
If the bang wasn't like something hitting the floor maybe it came from outside and the phone on the floor was already there for a while?

Ok, I saw the phone placed on the charger. It was nearly dead. Minutes after that we went downstairs to go to sleep then suddenly theres a boom 3.5 hours later and the phone is 100% charge in a place it shouldn't be halfway across the house.

I'm not saying it's a ghost or it flew absolutely. Both of us are intelligent enough to eliminate obvious possibilities and we cannot. Even if you forget all that, she would never leave that phone in the floor. Ever.
Also my outdoor cameras didn't catch anything. I can see all angles of the outside of the house. I went back and watched the footage, giving myself plenty of time before the sound that woke us up. Nothing. All the windows were locked and valuables were left in plain sight undisturbed.

So if it's an intruder, they must have a key and I completely missed them on the cameras. And they decided to just take the phone, drop it, but also locked the door back.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

I had a very weird dream last night about a refrigerator that was a time machine/teleportation device, but I could only travel between two points in time and space, and there was a tragedy occurring at each. I was stuck in a loop of living, saving, and dying.

Cattlyst

I'm particularly fond of that sensation where you're sleeping in a hotel or in an unfamiliar bedroom and you wake up and for a few seconds you have no fucking idea where you are or why you're there. And by 'fond' I mean 'I hate it'

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
- I get sleep paralysis every once in a while. Random when it happens. For those who get it, a google cure is to adjust your sleeping position to lie on your stomach. It works. Ive never got it with my face sunk into a pillow sideways as I'm on my stomach. Some reason I only get it on my back with my eyes free to roam a room in full view

- I can read numbers and text in my dreams. Remembering them after I wake up is a different story as memory of it fades in the first hour. But I had a weird dream the other day where I was living in a storefront kind of place with a big store window. If I walked out the door, it would be sidewalks of shoppers at street level. It was one of those weird dreams where you think to yourself like it's real life and I was wondering why I would live in a place like this, but since I wasn't lucid, I went with the flow. I was listening to a stereo but some reason it was displaying a movie which resembled Black Hawk Down. Then I couldnt get reception of it, so I was fiddling with the stereo and the LCD screen said check out a website called www.lm-something.com. That something part was a 4 character word I forget. I went to my laptop and tried it and it was a boring white page of useless text. Then to get reception I tried looking at the stereo again and under a tab it had a switch between Mono and Stereo. It was set on Mono but some reason I thought changing it to Stereo would get reception back.... which didn't even make sense since it's a Stereo and not a TV, but I was seeing a military movie. Then the dream ended.

Fucking weird. Maybe my sub-conscious is telling me to move downtown, be 3 ft from street level and watch more military flicks. lol

Every years I get these dreams too multiple times:

1. My teeth are loose and see it in the mirror. This dream is the most real feeling. If there's two things I do fear in real life.... losing my hair and teeth. Although I've never had a dream about balding!

2. I get up to brush my teeth and wash like normal. Then I wake up and realize it was a dream and need to do it

3. School test time. I cant remember the class or time of it and I'm running around the school trying to find it. Or I know in the dream I haven't showed up all year and I think to myself how am I going to pass if I don't remember going to class all year. Then I wake up relieved it's a dream and I graduated decades ago

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There was a period about a year ago where I would stop breathing while I was sleeping, not like sleep apnea or anything, but just like stop breathing. I'd wake up gasping for dear life. It only lasted like 2 weeks and hasn't happened since, but boy that was troubling while it was going on.
Holy shit. I got the exact same thing.

Even worse I would be lucid sometimes choking in a dream, so I would think to myself "Oh shit, am I dying in my sleep?". Then I'd wake up gasping like Freddy Krueger strangled me in a dream.

Then it disappeared and never got it since.

I was trying to figure out if it was due to sleeping in certain positions. But thats not the case since I've slept in all directions, but never got it again.

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

When I was 25 i suddenly began to have violent night terrors. The first one was so intense and vivid I can still recall the "entity" that was watching.
The worst ones i would damage something around me, like i kicked a dresser or i punched holes into the wall.
I still get them but i learned to control them, so i rarely go into a fit like at first.

Pejo

Holy shit. I got the exact same thing.

Even worse I would be lucid sometimes choking in a dream, so I would think to myself "Oh shit, am I dying in my sleep?". Then I'd wake up gasping like Freddy Krueger strangled me in a dream.

Then it disappeared and never got it since.

I was trying to figure out if it was due to sleeping in certain positions. But thats not the case since I've slept in all directions, but never got it again.
Yea it's funny you mentioned that. I started trying to sleep on my side exclusively but it didn't seem to make a difference. It just stopped for me out of nowhere. I can't remember if I had any relevant dreams, but waking up gasping for air is a fucked up feeling.

Top Bottom