• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will 2023 be the year Microsoft's first party finally breaks the dreaded curse?

I wouldn’t call it a curse .

I just hope they bring out great games that showcase the Series X and preferably more for my personal taste as I don’t like first person games much and god knows I’ve had more than enough of the two Forza series’.

Hellblade 2 excites me so I’m hoping for that to release and be a success.

sainraja

Alright then, take Stanley Parable out of 90+ for xbox and we’re down to 9 vs 9 90+ games. Sony’s side has 2 first party (Bloodborne and God of War), Microsoft have 3 (Forza, Flight Sim and Ori).
Either way, this isn’t Sony providing a significantly better experience like the anti xbox trolls would want you to believe.

Microsoft may not have delivered on their promises in your opinion, but given Sony are not pulling away from them in quantity or quality, Sony must not be either.

Somehow, though, Sony seems exempt from this criticism.
See, you are again filtering out anything under 90+ which in a later reply to me you said you weren't. 🤷‍♂️

I expect RedFall to be meh, Starfield to feel archaic, Forza to be a lil worse than usual cause it’ll be more piecemeal, and hopefully Hellblade is a bigger scope than 6-8 hours with better gameplay. Hollow Knight Silksong is a great get for Gamepass though.

The problem with the archaic claim for Starfield is people want a classic Bethesda RPG, but just sci-fi and space exploration themed. Why do you think people celebrated a non-speaking main character? Or a dialog persuasion mini-game? All those character backgrounds, the unique traits with advantages and disadvantages, the customization of our own ship, flying ship, boarding ships, companions, the massive amount of dialog, the raw size and ambition of the game, the various factions?

Bethesda fans want exactly what Bethesda makes best. Nobody is buying Starfield expecting The Last of Us, Uncharted or God of War style of storytelling. We are expecting the style that Bethesda has made so popular across the Elder Scrolls and Fallout franchises. We are expecting lots of customization, many different ways to play, the ability to pick up and interact with almost everything, we are expecting tons of replay value, lots of different potential outcomes, surprises in the open world, just chilling and taken in even the quiet moments in the open world, building outposts, exploring the many different moons, planets, space stations and star systems.

I think you may have misjudged what a Bethesda RPG fan actually is.

The problem with the archaic claim for Starfield is people want a classic Bethesda RPG, but just sci-fi and space exploration themed. Why do you think people celebrated a non-speaking main character? Or a dialog persuasion mini-game? All those character backgrounds, the unique traits with advantages and disadvantages, the customization of our own ship, flying ship, boarding ships, companions, the massive amount of dialog, the raw size and ambition of the game, the various factions?

Bethesda fans want exactly what Bethesda makes best. Nobody is buying Starfield expecting The Last of Us, Uncharted or God of War style of storytelling. We are expecting the style that Bethesda has made so popular across the Elder Scrolls and Fallout franchises. We are expecting lots of customization, many different ways to play, the ability to pick up and interact with almost everything, we are expecting tons of replay value, lots of different potential outcomes, surprises in the open world, just chilling and taken in even the quiet moments in the open world, building outposts, exploring the many different moons, planets, space stations and star systems.

I think you may have misjudged what a Bethesda RPG fan actually is.
Yea. I get what you’re saying. But I also think that holds the game back, just like Halo. Sometimes pleasing your old fans won’t reach new people. Eventually more and more old fans drop off.

I’d like to be pleasantly surprised with everything I said being wrong. More great games the better.

I’ve never been a Bethesda RPG fan outside of some Skyrim, but the one way voiced conversations and facial models that look old as hell isn’t helping.

Del_X

Literally just need hellbalde II, forza, and starfield and it’s already better than all prior years going back to 2010. The third party stuff in game pass (atomic heart, stalker 2) already make this year better for us paypigs.

Estocolmo

Coming out this year by Xbox game studios?

Redfall, Starfield, Forza Motorsport, Hellblade II, Age of Empires console?

Last edited:
Top Bottom