• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will my Motherboard be able to detect an 8TB NvMe?

Nickolaidas

Hey, guys. Quick noob question:

I have an Aorus Z390 Pro Motherboard. Is it possible to install an SSD NvMe of 8TB (Corsair Force MP510 SSD 4TB M.2 NVMe PCI Express 3.0 to be exact), and my motherboard won't recognize it due to its large size or something?

Basically, is there a limit to the space size an SSD or HDD has that a Motherboard can recognize?

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
There is no such issues on NVMe, it was limitation of what the old busses could address, it's not longer the case. There is some limit, but in Petabytes.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It will probably be fine, but NVMEs are finicky things. I've had more issues with NVMEs in the last few years than any other piece of hardware. None of them size related.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
It will probably be fine, but NVMEs are finicky things. I've had more issues with NVMEs in the last few years than any other piece of hardware. None of them size related.
I have 2 seperate NVME's and 3 SSD's in my PC and I've not had issues with any. What issue did you have with your nvme? I was surprised how easily NVME worked right out the box without any issues.

Top Bottom