• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Nintendo Switch reach the sales of the Sony PS2?

Will the Nintendo Switch reach the sales of the Sony PS2?

• Yes

Votes: 129 58.4%
  • No

Votes: 92 41.6%

• Total voters

leo-j

Doubt it, it’s falling behind DS. And it’s declining YOY by significant numbers (which is normal).

Inanilmaz

It will sell more than 500 million, so yes. The best console ever and innovativ with games like mario kart and mario, pokemon. I lovee youuu nintendo.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Marvel14 Marvel14 , SeraphJan SeraphJan , blacktout blacktout , Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin , StormCell StormCell , and everyone else involved in this:

Why did this thread turn into a "console, or not a console" thread? This debate has already been done, and it was done in a thread where it actually made sense to have the debate since that thread said the Nintendo Switch was a console. There's no need to derail this thread. Whether you classify it as a handheld, hybrid, or console doesn't matter since the title of the thread is, "Will the Nintendo Switch reach the sales of the Sony PS2?" It isn't asking what type of console it is. Full stop.

I havent bought one yet. Was planning on waiting until BOTW2 but my son will probably get it for Christmas this year. So thats at least 1 more sale!

You're doing your part! I am considering selling mine. I don't play it near enough. I do want to wait until after I get Xenoblade Chronicles 3 though.

Marvel14

Banned
You
Marvel14 Marvel14 , SeraphJan SeraphJan , blacktout blacktout , Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin , StormCell StormCell , and everyone else involved in this:

Why did this thread turn into a "console, or not a console" thread? This debate has already been done, and it was done in a thread where it actually made sense to have the debate since that thread said the Nintendo Switch was a console. There's no need to derail this thread. Whether you classify it as a handheld, hybrid, or console doesn't matter since the title of the thread is, "Will the Nintendo Switch reach the sales of the Sony PS2?" It isn't asking what type of console it is. Full stop.

You're doing your part! I am considering selling mine. I don't play it near enough. I do want to wait until after I get Xenoblade Chronicles 3 though.

You know why. Everytime we discuss whether the Switch is going to beat another console's sales milestone someone invariably wants to shit on its success by claiming that the Switch is not comparable...

And so we go again...

Kataploom

Gold Member
Man some butthurt clowns here that ignore the idnustry and the market, and Nintendos own data.

That was never the definition, otherwise the early portables wouldn't have been called "portables that could hook up to a TV."

Don't forget computers not PC's or desktops used to hook up to TV's too and those weren't called consoles either, because they weren't. But buy your definition they would be, and same for modern PC's with the right cables.

Clearly didn't think this through.

Funny how he liked this post even though I just proved him wrong with links, but he's a coward so he ran. Not even an ounce of self-respect.

This is actually a reasonable argument, and different from the other guy trying to argue what he believes with no evidence than ran when the links came out. or the other guy who jumped in projecting calling me an ideologue when that's what he is.

NX was even presented as a handheld in the early stages before the true name was revealed, and it was a Pokemon staffer that first tried to shift the tone by saying it was both instead of a handheld that hooked up to a TV, and then suddenly Nintendo as a whole including Reggie started pushing the same talking point. It's clear they were seeing the comments about the Wii U and the expectations Nintendo was giving up on the home, and that is what happened no matter how you slice it, the Switch is doing better than the DS because it's powerful, has no competition in the handheld space, and doesn't have the burn out the 3DS has when it was revealed where people were thinking "DS again?"

All they did was just get back those who left for mobile after the DS days during the 3DS run, now they got those back, their console fans also use the device because there's no alternative, and they have nothing in the handheld space to compete with so it's just them and mobile. That's why the sales are so high, although it seems they are starting to fall behind the DS now. Maybe they need to release Nintendogs Switch or Brain Academy 3 or something to keep things going.

You're looking at it with a console comparisons which I think is a mistake, you should compare it to DS, PSP, and 3DS instead.

PS4 only got the energy to sell that last 20 million units because the Xbox One completely collapsed at some point and only started to climb back up in 2018 when the gen was pretty much over, the One S and One X sold back up to what was the old baseline for the original Xbox One before the sales bottomed out and then the current new consoles released. The Wii U of course collapse long before the Xbox One.

So there was a time where the PS4 was basically the only console really selling especially in most of 2016, and much of 2017, 2015 is when the sales were starting to bottom out for the Xbox One after being ahead of the 360 in a few countries. So you can't just make a one to one comparison with the Switch to the PS4 based on the same timeline because it doesn't take too many things into account.

Both handhelds, the DS and the 3DS both seemed like their declines would be slow once sales starting slowing down, but eventually the twig snapped and the drop and sales accelerated rapidly, that same thing could happen again for the Switch. They just released a 3rd sku, and there's little reason to suspect after such a long time they'll go back tot he 3DS "new" strategy when that was only done to save declining 3DS sales. They would also have too many similarly priced products in the market and may cause confusion.

It's likely the next Switch release will be the successor instead of another revision. If Switch sales continue to fall behind the DS, then I'd say the chances of it passing the PS2 will depend on if Nintendo decided to cut the price and if they do, how much that price drop attracts new buyers. Giving the sales figures of the Switch so far a price drop may not increase sales as much as people think.
Why are you using "portable" and "handheld" as a noun? Those are adjectives afaik, which is the noun?

blacktout

Why did this thread turn into a "console, or not a console" thread?

I mean, in retrospect, I regret engaging in that debate. But the simple answer is that I saw a post that included like three provably false claims (most Switch owners use it exclusively as a handheld, the Switch's best selling software is mostly from traditionally handheld series, Nintendo said the Switch was the successor to the 3DS) and couldn't help but respond. That's basically how internet discourse works, unfortunately. The person who makes the most outrageous claims gets to set the direction of the conversation. It sucks, and I shouldn't have gotten sucked in, but it's not surprising. (It's also the reason why even the most innocuous threads can be consumed by console warring.)

SeraphJan

So if 60% of people use it docked 90% of the time its still just a handheld right? It still can't be both home console and handheld even though that's its actual USP because that screen (rarely used) is still there forcing it to just be a handheld? ( I feel a schrodingers cat analogy coming)
I have no idea what you are even debating, are you debating the fact that I should be forced to give into your perspective?

If that 60% of people using that "Hybrid PC" in my previous analogy are plugged into a monitor, I would just consider "yup marketing worked" but that still wouldn't change the fact that I consider it a Laptop. The same idea apply to Switch, why would I consider it anything other than what I've previously saw it was just because 60% of people thinks otherwise?

I consider it "a handheld that come with a packed in HDMI/USB hub, with an innovative but terrible built quality and uncomfortable controller" because that's just how I personally sees it, are you console warriors now invading personal preference too? Btw you just missed what my point is, which is that I don't like marketing gimmicks (which I gave my examples for other brands too, so I'm not specifically targeting your favorite box, don't get triggered please), but you just have to nitpick something out of context to defend your favorite box isn't it?

And on your power point. If it didn't have that screen there's no way you could claim that it was just a handheld regardless of power.
Well didn't it have a screen? And is there anything objectively wrong with that "power" claim?

Is Switch really more of a successor to 3ds than Wii U? Where did the 3d and the two portable screens go if so?
What? are you sure you are talking to the right person?

Last edited:

StormCell

Man some butthurt clowns here that ignore the idnustry and the market, and Nintendos own data.

That was never the definition, otherwise the early portables wouldn't have been called "portables that could hook up to a TV."

Don't forget computers not PC's or desktops used to hook up to TV's too and those weren't called consoles either, because they weren't. But buy your definition they would be, and same for modern PC's with the right cables.

Clearly didn't think this through.

Funny how he liked this post even though I just proved him wrong with links, but he's a coward so he ran. Not even an ounce of self-respect.

This is actually a reasonable argument, and different from the other guy trying to argue what he believes with no evidence than ran when the links came out. or the other guy who jumped in projecting calling me an ideologue when that's what he is.

NX was even presented as a handheld in the early stages before the true name was revealed, and it was a Pokemon staffer that first tried to shift the tone by saying it was both instead of a handheld that hooked up to a TV, and then suddenly Nintendo as a whole including Reggie started pushing the same talking point. It's clear they were seeing the comments about the Wii U and the expectations Nintendo was giving up on the home, and that is what happened no matter how you slice it, the Switch is doing better than the DS because it's powerful, has no competition in the handheld space, and doesn't have the burn out the 3DS has when it was revealed where people were thinking "DS again?"

All they did was just get back those who left for mobile after the DS days during the 3DS run, now they got those back, their console fans also use the device because there's no alternative, and they have nothing in the handheld space to compete with so it's just them and mobile. That's why the sales are so high, although it seems they are starting to fall behind the DS now. Maybe they need to release Nintendogs Switch or Brain Academy 3 or something to keep things going.

You're looking at it with a console comparisons which I think is a mistake, you should compare it to DS, PSP, and 3DS instead.

PS4 only got the energy to sell that last 20 million units because the Xbox One completely collapsed at some point and only started to climb back up in 2018 when the gen was pretty much over, the One S and One X sold back up to what was the old baseline for the original Xbox One before the sales bottomed out and then the current new consoles released. The Wii U of course collapse long before the Xbox One.

So there was a time where the PS4 was basically the only console really selling especially in most of 2016, and much of 2017, 2015 is when the sales were starting to bottom out for the Xbox One after being ahead of the 360 in a few countries. So you can't just make a one to one comparison with the Switch to the PS4 based on the same timeline because it doesn't take too many things into account.

Both handhelds, the DS and the 3DS both seemed like their declines would be slow once sales starting slowing down, but eventually the twig snapped and the drop and sales accelerated rapidly, that same thing could happen again for the Switch. They just released a 3rd sku, and there's little reason to suspect after such a long time they'll go back tot he 3DS "new" strategy when that was only done to save declining 3DS sales. They would also have too many similarly priced products in the market and may cause confusion.

It's likely the next Switch release will be the successor instead of another revision. If Switch sales continue to fall behind the DS, then I'd say the chances of it passing the PS2 will depend on if Nintendo decided to cut the price and if they do, how much that price drop attracts new buyers. Giving the sales figures of the Switch so far a price drop may not increase sales as much as people think.
Nintendo originally stated the Nintendo DS was a third pillar and not a replacement for the GBA. This was never taken to mean that the DS wasn't a handheld, though, because it wasn't a question that really needed answering. So, because Nintendo said the "NX" wasn't replacing Wii U, does that necessarily mean the Switch doesn't fill that space?

Your other argument about Switch games being iterations of 3DS games is also full of holes. This device has many ports and sequels of home console games, which you ought to know that (Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, Xenoblade Chronicles, and on and on). You're clearly glossing over this as a supporting argument as if the library is somehow a spiritual successor of the 3DS when shit loads of home console games have landed on Switch from 1st and 3rd parties.

I said this earlier in my strong post you probably didn't read, the Switch is a traditional gaming platform just like Playstation and Xbox. It doesn't matter how we choose to view the Switch, because for Nintendo the Switch is their home console experience as much as it is their handheld experience. Also, notice that Sony also discontinued their dedicated handheld game machine. Neither Sony nor Nintendo make a dedicated handheld anymore, but they chose different routes to get to this point with Sony relying on remote play and cloud streaming for their on the go experience.

Last edited:

StormCell

I think the only valid argument I've ever heard against comparing Switch sales to console sales is that it's really only fair to compare it to Wii U + 3DS and Wii + DS since Switch is a true unification of both product styles.

I don't think anything could approach Wii + DS sales...

Marvel14

Banned
You
I have no idea what you are even debating, are you debating the fact that I should be forced to give into your perspective?

If that 60% of people using that "Hybrid PC" in my previous analogy are plugged into a monitor, I would just consider "yup marketing worked" but that still wouldn't change the fact that I consider it a Laptop. The same idea apply to Switch, why would I consider it anything other than what I've previously saw it was just because 60% of people thinks otherwise?

I consider it "a handheld that come with a packed in HDMI/USB hub, with an innovative but terrible built quality and uncomfortable controller" because that's just how I personally sees it, are you console warriors now invading personal preference too? Btw you just missed what my point is, which is that I don't like marketing gimmicks (which I gave my examples for other brands too, so I'm not specifically targeting your favorite box, don't get triggered please), but you just have to nitpick something out of context to defend your favorite box isn't it?

Well didn't it have a screen? And is there anything objectively wrong with that "power" claim?

What? are you sure you are talking to the right person?

You go ahead and think whatever you like..you're absolutely entitled to.

But facts still matter and your views are not as valid as facts just because you hold to them passionately.

Also don't hold it against people if they use facts to highlight the shortcomings of your opinion. It's the price you pay for devaluing facts.

SeraphJan

You

You go ahead and think whatever you like..you're absolutely entitled to.

But facts still matter and your views are not as valid as facts just because you hold to them passionately.

Also don't hold it against people if they use facts to highlight the shortcomings of your opinion. It's the price you pay for devaluing facts.
hmm you are telling me my view is not valid but at the same time telling me I'm entitled to it? When do I ever need your validation?

The fact that I have no interesting debating you doesn't mean you are objectively correct.

Why are you so interested in convincing other people to your view?

A gaming device that sacrifice power for portability is a handheld, its common sense at least before this Hybrid marketing, its always been that way. Just because your beloved company branded something to be certain way doesn't mean everyone have to buy into that. For me there is no such thing as Hybrid, at least not in our current form of technology, you either have power or portability, you can't have both, a Hybrid would mean you would have both, Calling it a Hybrid just makes confusing, it is a much easier concept to understand by just looking at it as a handheld device with a HDMI out. By stating this I'm not trying to convince you, I already stated agree to disagree, so what is your problem? if you don't like my view just don't reply or ignore me, its not like I'm having a good time discussing with you anyways. Or are you trying to insert dominance over me just because you think more people stand by your view? That's called mob mentality by the way.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Marvel14

Banned
hmm you are telling me my view is not valid and telling me I'm entitled to it? When do I ever need your validation?

The fact that I have no interesting debating you doesn't mean you are objectively correct.

A gaming device that sacrifice power for portability is a handheld, its common sense at least before this Hybrid marketing, its always been that way. Just because your beloved company branded something to be certain way doesn't mean everyone have to buy into that. For me there is no such thing as Hybrid, at least not in our current form of technology, you either have power or portability, you can't have both, a Hybrid would mean you would have both or it would be false advertisement. Calling it a Hybrid just makes confusing, it a much easier concept to understand by just looking at it as a handheld device with a HDMI out. By stating this I'm not trying to convince you, I already stated agree to disagree, so what is your problem? if you don't like me view just don't reply or ignore me, its not like I'm having a good time discussing with you anyways. Or are you trying to insert dominance over me just because you think more people stand by your view? That's called mob mentality by the way.
Facts matter. That's my problem. You're entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts. And you're also not entitled to elevate your opinion to the level of facts. I did not validate or invalidate anything- that's you putting words in my mouth.

We're having a societal crisis now where facts matter less than opinion. As a species we will not survive if this becomes the dominant way in which we relate to eachother and our environment.

And so it must be called out.

Last edited:

Surf Ninja

Facts matter. That's my problem. You're entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts. And you're also not entitled to elevate your opinion to the level of facts. I did not validate or invalidate anything- that's you putting words in my mouth.

We're having a societal crisis now where facts matter less than opinion. As a species we will not survive if this becomes the dominant way in which we relate to eachother and our environment.

Dog this is a thread about how many toy computers one company sold versus another

SeraphJan

Facts matter. That's my problem. Your entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts. And you're also not entitled to elevate your opinion to the level of facts. I did not validate or invalidate anything- that's you putting words in my mouth.

The same applies to you, your opinion also doesn't mean fact, the only different is that I don't force my view onto other people and respect their opinion even if I think they are wrong. However you think your opinion equals fact and you have the right to correct the "wrongs" of other people, that is pure arrogance if you ask me.

Last edited:

HofT

hmm you are telling me my view is not valid and telling me I'm entitled to it? When do I ever need your validation?

A gaming device that sacrifice power for portability is a handheld, its common sense at least before this Hybrid marketing, its always been that way. Just because your beloved company branded something to be certain way doesn't mean everyone have to buy into that. For me there is no such thing as Hybrid, at least not in our current form of technology, you either have power or portability, you can't have both, a Hybrid would mean you would have both, Calling it a Hybrid just makes confusing, it a much easier concept to understand by just looking at it as a handheld device with a HDMI out. By stating this I'm not trying to convince you, I already stated agree to disagree, so what is your problem? if you don't like me view just don't reply or ignore me, its not like I'm having a good time discussing with you anyways. Or are you trying to insert dominance over me just because you think more people stand by your view? That's called mob mentality by the way.
What isn't marketing? The extra power they gave the PS5 and Xbox Series X over their predecessors are marketing gimmicks as well. The predecessors and the successors are pretty much playing the same games. Nothing new or innovated happened between these generations that changed the scope of a game and how it's played. It's all the same. The only game I can think of is maybe Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. Maybe that game can't be played on PS4.

SeraphJan

What isn't marketing? The extra power they gave the PS5 and Xbox Series X over their predecessors are marketing gimmicks as well. The predecessors and the successors are pretty much playing the same games. Nothing new or innovated happened between these generations that changed the scope of a game and how it's played. It's all the same. The only game I can think of is maybe Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. Maybe that game can't be played on PS4.
I don't understand what is your point? It seems like you are simply expressing you prefer Switch over PS5 or Series X, which is fine with me, so what is your point of quoting me?

Marvel14

Banned
The same applies to you, your opinion also doesn't mean fact, the only different is that I don't force my view onto other people and respect their opinion even if I think they are wrong. However you think your opinion equals fact and you have the right to correct the "wrongs" of other people, that is pure arrogance if you ask me.
Nope.

Facts:

Switch is the successor to the Wii U- a home console.

Most Switch owners use it as a home console some of the time.

Switch is a hybrid console that combines home console and handheld functionality.

Switch software in the main is home console standard.

Nintendo marketed it as a hybrid and their new home console solution from the get go.

Your opinion: Switch is not a home console because it's low power/has a built in screen or its home console capabilities are just a marketing gimmick.

Last edited:

HofT

I don't understand what is your point? It seems like you are simply expressing you prefer Switch over PS5 or Series X, which is fine with me, so what is your point of quoting me?
My point is you're saying the Switch is not a hybrid console because of marketing gimmicks. "A gaming device that sacrifice power for portability is a handheld, its common sense at least before this Hybrid marketing". And I'm telling you what isn't a marketing gimmick? If your focusing on that then might as well call everything for what it really is. A PS5 is just a poor man's specialized home computer with a focus on its entertainment capabilities.

Last edited:

TheGecko

Banned
It may well reach and surpass the PS2 but you have to look at the context.

Gaming now is widely more popular and accessible than it was when the PS2 came out. The numbers the PS2 did for the time are vastly more impressive than if the switch reaches it now.

SeraphJan

Nope.

Facts:

Switch is the successor to the Wii U- a home console.

Most Switch owners use it as a home console some of the time.

Switch is a hybrid console that combines home console and handheld functionality.

Switch software in the main is home console standard.

Nintendo marketed it as a hybrid and their new home console solution from the get go.

Your opinion: Switch is not a home console because it's low power/has a built in screen.
Have fun with your beloved toy and your self righteous opinion.

And no that last sentence is not my opinion, you are not quoting me correctly.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

My point is you're saying the Switch is not a hybrid console because of marketing gimmicks. "A gaming device that sacrifice power for portability is a handheld, its common sense at least before this Hybrid marketing". And I'm telling you what isn't a marketing gimmick? If your focusing on that then might as well call everything for what it really is. A PS5 is just a poor man's specialized home computer with a focus on its entertainment capabilities.
You still haven't told me what does it have to do with me regarding how you perceive PS5?

Last edited:

HofT

You still haven't told me what does it have to do with me how you perceive PS5?
You don't have to care and you really shouldn't. But here you are in this thread that's titled "Will Nintendo Switch reach the sales of the Sony PS2?" and your arguing over the semantics of the Switch being a hybrid console.
In the end the fact is, it's a hybrid console. It's literally called "Switch". It's capabilities out of the box is about being a hybrid. And if you are focused on the marketing gimmicks then that can be applied to everything. That's it.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

You don't have to care and you really shouldn't. But here you are, in a thread, that's titled "Will Nintendo Switch reach the sales of the Sony PS2?" and your arguing over the semantics of the Switch being a hybrid console.
In the end the fact is, it's a hybrid console. It's literally called "Switch". It's capabilities out of the box is about being a hybrid. And marketing gimmicks can be applied to everything. That's it.
Yes I'm in a thread called "Will Nintendo Switch reach the sales of the Sony PS2?" and people before me were discussing whether its a handheld or hybrid, the topic interested me, so I exercised my freedom of expression which I think its a handheld, which I also explained my reason in my original post. In my original post I'm not trying to convince anyone or prove anyone wrong, I agree to disagree, so I don't understand what is your problem, by the way I didn't derailed from the discussion, I did express my opinion towards sales in my original post. And by the way none of the above need any of your permission.

I also don't see what It has to do with my opinion regarding your perception of PS5, and why do you have to bring it up to me in the first place, if you just want an example, I think I've gave plenty of example regarding why I hate marketing gimmick, just read it again you will see.

Last edited:

HofT

Yes I'm in a thread called "Will Nintendo Switch reach the sales of the Sony PS2?" and people before me were discussing whether its a handheld or hybrid, the topic interested me, so I exercised my freedom of expression which I think its a handheld, which I also explained my reason in my original post. In my original post I'm not trying to convince anyone or prove anyone wrong, I agree to disagree, so I don't understand what is your problem, by the way I didn't derailed from the discussion, I did express my opinion towards sales in my original post.

I also don't see what It has to do with my opinion regarding your perception of PS5, and why do you have to bring it up to me in the first place.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Switch

HofT

You do know that convincing people with Wikipedia is not the best attempt do you?

Even if you bring up Nintendo Official page doesn't prove anything to me, they product their semantic, I have the right to not agree. Neither do I have to agree with you.
There is no convincing. It's a fact. I'm just bored and find you amusing right now lol

HofT

Well, have fun with your "fact", and stop sending wiki page if you are not trying to convince me, and I find you absolutely boring.
The Switch being a hybrid console is as much of a fact as the PS5 is labelled a home console. My point is if you want to argue semantics about their marketing then might as well look at everything.

SeraphJan

The Switch being a hybrid console is as much of a fact as the PS5 is labelled a home console. My point is if you want to argue semantics about their marketing then might as well look at everything.
You are the one who is arguing with me about semantics to defend your toy, I am not arguing with anyone, do you not understand the phrase: "agree to disagree" ?

Last edited:

HofT

You are the one who is arguing with me about semantics, I am not arguing with anyone.
We're responding to each other and we're clearly going back and forth about this. I would label anything like that as arguing, a debate or discussion.
Though I'm willing to bet you would call this exchange a different semantic under your own terms lol

Last edited:

SeraphJan

We're responding to each other and we're clearly going back and forth about this. I would label anything like that as arguing, a debate or discussion.
Though I'm willing to bet you would call this a different semantic under your own terms lol
The reason I respond to you is because you quote me out of nowhere first, apparently there is no reason for me not to respond to you

And Second if you look at the full context of our discussion, you are the one that is clearly inserting your view as fact onto others, I'm simply disagreeing with your action of doing that, which I find pretty arrogant.

Third, I'm also a bit curious to see to what extend could console warriors push other people to protect their toy, but that is not the main reason I respond to you.

Last edited:

Moses85

100%

No Doubt Bladesmiths GIF by DefyTV

Kiraly

Remember that one clown who was trying to start a 'discussion' that the Switch Lite numbers shouldn't be counted in the total after the Switch had passed the PS1? "pie_tears_joy:

HofT

The reason I respond to you is because you quote me out of nowhere first, apparently there is no reason for me not to respond to you

And Second if you look at the full context of our discussion, you are the one that is clearly inserting your view as fact onto others, I'm simply disagreeing with your action of doing that, which I find pretty arrogant.

Third, I'm also a bit curious to see to what extend could console warriors push other people to protect their toy, but that is not the main reason I respond to you.
I mean, we're on an online gaming forum so you shouldn't be surprised to get quoted and commented "out of nowhere".
And second, I'm also not asserting a view. I'm asserting reality. My original point was about you questioning Nintendo's marketing gimmicks which I then said to you that marketing is applied to everything. Extra power doesn't excuse and surpass marketing. So, in that sense if the switch is a hybrid handheld than a PS5 is a poor man's PC or an entertainment center.
Third, your assumptions have no basis in what toys I own. :messenger_smirking:

Last edited:

SeraphJan

I mean, we're on an online gaming forum so you shouldn't be surprised to get quoted and commented "out of nowhere".
I'm not surprised of anything, since you are saying we are responding to each other, that's not entirely true, because I have no interest of initiating a conversation with you, you are the one who initiated it, this was to respond to your original point about arguing, you are the one initiated the argument with me. Which I had told you already agree to disagree.
And second, I'm also not asserting a view. I'm asserting reality. My original point was about you questioning Nintendo's marketing gimmicks which I then said to you that marketing is applied to everything. Extra power doesn't excuse and surpass marketing. So, in that sense if the switch is a hybrid handheld than a PS5 is a poor man's PC or an entertainment center.
There you just asserted another of your view to be reality which I am forced to accept. I don't like repeating myself, because I already explained my reasons in my original post, I'm not convincing anyone to agree with my version of fact, but you are, and I still don't understand why are you bringing up PS5, like I've said, if its example you want about marketing gimmick, I gave plenty of examples, you just ignored me
Third, your assumptions have no basis in what toys I own. :messenger_smirking:
I don't care what you own, but you surely showed what you are defending

Last edited:

SeraphJan

Well, the Switch lite is also called a Switch but it isn't hybrid ;)
They don't care, all they care is their beloved plastic box beats another plastic box in terms of sales, its like they get a cut from the profit or something.

Any opinion you have regarding their box that they do not approve, they assume you are rooting for the other box, a typical mentality of a warrior

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: TLZ

HofT

I'm not surprised of anything, since you are saying we are responding to each other, that's not entirely true, because I have no interest of initiating a conversation with you, you are the one who initiated it, this was to respond to your original point about arguing, you are the one initiated the argument with me. Which I had told you already agree to disagree.

There you just asserted another of your view to be reality which I am forced to accept. I don't like repeating myself, because I already explained my reasons in my original post, I'm not convincing anyone to agree with my version of fact, but you are, and I still don't understand why are you bringing up PS5, like I've said, if its example you want about marketing gimmick, I gave plenty of examples, you just ignored me

I don't care what you own, but you surely showed what you are defending
How can you dispute our exchange to be anything else but what it is? We've been going back and forth which shows your interest. And again, I would call that an argument, debate, discussion or what have you. But I know you like your own terms.

You haven't acknowledged that you are applying one marketing strategy over the other. I gave you an example of my point and you have not provided anything to me.

Lastly, I'm defending reality, common sense and the simplicity of calling such toys what they are.

SeraphJan

How can you dispute our exchange to be anything else but what it is? We've been going back and forth which shows your interest. And again, I would call that an argument, debate, discussion or what have you. But I know you like your own terms.

You haven't acknowledged that you are applying one marketing strategy over the other. I gave you an example of my point and you have not provided anything to me.

Lastly, I'm defending reality, common sense and the simplicity of calling such toys what they are.
An argument would be if we are both trying to convince each other, which its not the case, I said agree to disagree long ago

This also answered your second assumption, why I'm not actively engaged in your argument, because I'm simply not interested. What I've said in my original post is the only amount of expression I wish to express regarding this matter, nothing more, at least with you, so if you want examples, go read (its in page 3 mind you).

And Lastly, whatever your version of reality is, or what toy you enjoy defending, I DON'T CARE

Last edited:

HofT

An argument would be if we are both trying to convince each other, which its not the case, I said agree to disagree long ago

This answered your second assumption, why I'm not actively engage in your argument, because I simply not interested.

And Lastly, whatever your version of reality is, or what toy you enjoy defend, I DON'T CARE
And as I said, I do not agree to that because it's not an adequate resolution. Makes no sense to me that one marketing strategy is brought up but others are not. That's a flaw in your original argument.

You're responding which means you are engaging.

Seems like you care enough to respond.

Last edited:
Top Bottom