• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Ragnarok pick up from the future vision or the present day ending of God of War?

GymWolf

That's why I put those *(...)* in, also tried to prevent spoilers.
Well tbf you don't enter in a topic about the finale of the first game and how the sequel is gonna go if you don't want any spoilers...

It's like entering the playboy mansion when no-nut november begin...

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Thor kills kratos in the beginning and then you have a time jump with 20 years old atreius.
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Thor vs Kratos gonna be one of the most bad ass epic scene we gonna see this gen. I can't wait to see the clash of those monsters.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I think thor will leave these two for a little while before he crushes Kratos just like what Kratos did to .... then Loki will go wild and fuck the world and before he kills everyone the serpent will eat him.

*please ignore everything written above

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
100% this. Except for the part about Japan, which doesn't make any sense (the shinto and Buddhist gods are very different kinds of gods).
If they go Japan way, with the thousands of Shinto deities, we might have a nice dynasty warrior-like on our hands 😂

edit : Buddhism would be crazy stupid, but Hinduism would be great, plenty of badass warrior gods, weird creatures, and sexual symbols

Last edited:

GymWolf

If we play as atreus is gonna be hard to give him better weapons than the axe and blades of chaos, those are already iconic.

Is he gonna be a fast rogue with bow and double daggers?!

I know people is afraid of losing kratos, but atreius is literally the opposite type of gameplay that the saga has since forever, it's not gonna be easy to substitute kratos type of gameplay with something completely different, i really don't see atreius doing shit like this:

god-of-war-wolver.gif

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Since the last game didn't really end, (it wasn't a full game, yes it was still amazing 9.5/10) it had better continue from where it was.......

Kokoloko85

Thor kills kratos in the beginning and then you have a time jump with 20 years old atreius.

P.s. this is not what i want, it's just one of the possible outcomes.

Yeah I have a feeling they want to shock fans and kill Kratos off and bring a new face.
Cory did mention how TLOU2 inspired him….

Id rather they go for the shock factor of Kratos having to kill Atreius/Loki when he goes a bit cray cray

Dr Bass

Since the last game didn't really end, (it wasn't a full game, yes it was still amazing 9.5/10) it had better continue from where it was.......
Not a full game?? Man I had to stop playing it because I got bored, feeling like it dragged on I don't even know how far into the game I was. I remember there being bugs and being inside some structure that reminded me of gears of war or something. Reddish coloring ...

Not trying to bag on the game, but what is this not a full game nonsense.

GymWolf

Yeah I have a feeling they want to shock fans and kill Kratos off and bring a new face.
Cory did mention how TLOU2 inspired him….

Id rather they go for the shock factor of Kratos having to kill Atreius/Loki when he goes a bit cray cray
I would be more happy if tlou2 inspiration for the next gow was the gore\animation system tbh...

I need a game where enemies cry and coff blood when kratos assfuck them.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Not a full game?? Man I had to stop playing it because I got bored, feeling like it dragged on I don't even know how far into the game I was. I remember there being bugs and being inside some structure that reminded me of gears of war or something. Reddish coloring ...

It's not nonsense, just how I felt at the end, like oh cool, this is building up to some sort of final level or 2, with a cool boss or 2, and them the credits rolled. I can't be alone in this .......

RoboFu

One of the green rats

I just got it as its only $15 on PSN right now. It is pretty slow so far.

P.s. this is not what i want, it's just one of the possible outcomes.
Kratos comes back at the end to kill Thor revealing himself to be Dr. Kordon. He locks him in a room and says "game over" and it promotes Kratos: A God of War coming 2025.

Dr Bass

It's not nonsense, just how I felt at the end, like oh cool, this is building up to some sort of final level or 2, with a cool boss or 2, and them the credits rolled. I can't be alone in this .......
That sounds like a cliffhanger ending. But I get it. Like I said I just couldn't make it that far. :messenger_tongue:

Yoboman

If we play as atreus is gonna be hard to give him better weapons than the axe and blades of chaos, those are already iconic.

Is he gonna be a fast rogue with bow and double daggers?!

I know people is afraid of losing kratos, but atreius is literally the opposite type of gameplay that the saga has since forever, it's not gonna be easy to substitute kratos type of gameplay with something completely different, i really don't see atreius doing shit like this:

god-of-war-wolver.gif
Easy solution. Just put Atreus head on Kratos body

M0SRZ1k.jpg

skneogaf

The game is named god of war so surely kratos stays as the player controlled character.

Whereas the last of us can and has used other player controlled characters like Joel and Ellie etc

skit_data

The game is named god of war so surely kratos stays as the player controlled character.

Whereas the last of us can and has used other player controlled characters like Joel and Ellie etc
The official title hasn’t been announced yet though.

It could be called ”God of Mischief and his angry greek dad”

Last edited:
Top Bottom