• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Smith Banned from Attending Oscars Ceremony and Academy Events for 10 Years

Tams

Anyway stupid argument, let's leave it at that.
I was referring to this comment that mocks and trivialises mental and emotional abuse (by Jada):

"No context here. Scum is scum.

Dude laughed at a joke then slapped him for it.

Am i allowed to laugh then hit someone when the wife gives me a bad look?"

So that was you? If so, no, I will not leave it. If that was your comment that you messed up the formatting on, then you're the scum.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I feel for him. Hope he gets whatever help he needs, as someone who has made massive fucking mistakes before in the heat of the moment, then immediatley regretted it afterward, i know the feeling. I like will as an actor, and id hate to see him forced into obscurity because no one will hire him. But mental health is also hella important

My dude was banging out margot robbie while they were filming suicide squad, but as i said, im pretty sure him and his wife have had an open relationship for a few years. Nothing to scandalous
I would never be in an open relationship but to each their own. Clearly Will was humiliated during the big interview when his wife was talking about banging her childs friend.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Fucking hell. Genuinely think he’s suffering from some sort of domestic abuse (Which obviously doesn’t have to be physical).

Yeah. Looks like he's a victim of absue, but not the physical kind.

He needs to get out, but I know from experience that is easier said than done.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow. Good on them. I didn't think they'd have the balls to do something like that. Hell, the guy was allowed to stay and grab his award later in the show after the incident.

Personally, I'd ban him for life. But 10 years is good enough to stand out.

As for the Will Smith defenders, you'd get fired from work or banned from a store if you hit someone too. So let's not pretend like this is the first time in history someone got punished for hitting someone. Technically, Chris Rock probably could had got a case against him for assault, but he manned up and didn't bother.

An average person wouldn't be so lucky if someone smacked them. Good chance cops called.

If anything, Will Smith got a break in life for what he did.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who wants to bet Jada will be there next year with some bullshit reason claiming that the mighty cuck wanted her to go.
Oh she'll be there happy as a clam. No shortage of guys to accompany her.

DarthPutin

It's not like he's going to be nominated again, let alone win. It was one time reward for years of service. So why bother coming.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It's not like he's going to be nominated again, let alone win. It was one time reward for years of service. So why bother coming.

This was his 2nd or 3rd time being nominated. And he can still be nominated. He just can't GO to the ceremony or anything affiliated with it. Someone can accept it in his place and either bring it to him or they'll messenger it to him.

Poor Will.

I’ve found it funny how people are still defending her BS.
Like can you IMAGINE if a dude started banging his adult daughters friend, I mean people would have his balls!
Will needs to get the fuck out of that nasty relationship.

Lunarorbit

This is only tangential related but since she was a host ill put it here since it's not thread worthy....

Is anyone else tired of Amy Schumer? I loved her show. Really liked train wreck (even lebron was good) but the last few projects she's done feel so personal that I don't care anymore.

She had the show with her husband during the pandemic. Not really my thing but I get it. Now she has Beth and me and it feels so masterbatory. I get that comics draw from their own lives for lots of inspiration but I'm over her just playing herself in everything. I feel pretty is in tbe same vein.

I started to feel this way about will Ferrell. But then he does that insane lifetime movie with Kristen wigg and he rejuvenates his career.

Now you can't critique a female comic without getting accused of misogyny. In my opinion she's in a rut and keeps producing the same shlock. Same as mindy kaling.

Top Bottom