• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Starfield Get Delayed?

Will Starfield be released in the first half of 2023?

• Yes, of course.

Votes: 221 63.9%
  • No, of course.

Votes: 125 36.1%

• Total voters

Kvally

Banned
It probably will.

Spiderman 2 is going to moving fucking gangbusters and Sony is going to go wild with marketing. I think Starfield will do well and will have legs, but I think the marketing around Spiderman 2 if they both release in fall will drown it.
I don't think it will, IMO. Both are on different systems and will be marketed accordingly. We also are seeing substantially more hype around Starfield than we are Spider-Man. Starfield is and has been garnering endless media in anticipation of the release. I am not sure I would want to market near the release of Starfield.

EDMIX

We also are seeing substantially more hype around Starfield than we are Spider-Man.

yea, thats because they haven't started the bulk of their marketing campaign for Spiderman 2 yet.

Thats it.

I'd never take that as some fucking answer regarding something getting overshadowed, thats like saying "sTaRfIeLdz geTz MorE hyPez tHeN cALL oF dUtY" completely disregarding they haven't started marketing it yet lol

So all I can go on is how they did in the past and the Spiderman and Miles Morales is at something fucking ridiculous like 33 million. Building off the hype of Spiderman 1, its pretty obvious Spiderman 2 is going to be the biggest thing talked about this year regarding gaming.

The issue with a new IP sometimes is that its also...well....new. Folks will have assumptions, will call it No Man Sky etc, releasing near a sure thing like Spiderman I fear will have that game left in a shadow. I'm sure those that love RPGs will be Starfield day 1 (like myself), but it would be hard to pretend that Spiderman 2 won't be the biggest thing talked about this year.

Thats like me acting like COD won't be the biggest thing talked about or Assassins Creed merely cause it wasn't announced or marketed as of yet as if that erases the past or something lol

Top Bottom