• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Starfield Get Delayed?

Will Starfield be released in the first half of 2023?

• Yes, of course.

Votes: 221 63.9%
  • No, of course.

Votes: 125 36.1%

• Total voters

kikkis

Delays like this really make me doubt the game. I mean how can they call themselves competent studio when they first insist its coming out just fine, and then delay and have no idea when its going to be ready.

Arsic

Lame console war comments
Xbox will release Forza in the spring and starfield in the fall/holiday.

That’s their year. While everyone else releasing gang busters.

Maybe they’ll shovel out some other middling shit to bloat their portfolio like a parchment diarrhea game from obsidian or some B grade x com gear tactics 2.

Phil will have to go buy more studios to keep daddy gates off his back since the only good thing Xbox has done is give us all game pass. Which pays for itself this year just for wu long and atomic heart being on it. Rest is cherry.

Last edited:

FritzJ92

Maybe they’ll shovel out some other middling shit to bloat their portfolio like a parchment diarrhea game from obsidian or some B grade x com gear tactics 2.

Phil will have to go buy more studios to keep daddy gates off his back since the only good thing Xbox has done is give us all game pass. Which pays for itself this year just for wu long and atomic heart being on it. Rest is cherry.
What about Redfall, Minecraft Legends, and their 2nd half of unannounced games from E3?...

Bro that's a boulder on your shoulder, not a chip.

GenericUser

I don't know, I certainly don't hope so. It's my most anticipated game in 2023. But if it gets delayed, I still get re4 remake, dead island2 , diablo 4, Forza motorsport 8 and ff16. So all in all I think I could handle a delay.

JayK47

I am thinking 2024 at the earliest. I have not seen much if any gameplay if this game. If it were coming out soon, I would expect to see more if it.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yes, because so many things get delayed it's best to go in expecting it, even if it's not the first delay.

Ozriel

M$FT

The fact you’re still linking Bill Gates with MS leadership in 2023 says a lot about how clued in you are

Flops and delays. Flops and delays.

When will we see Hellblade 2?

And when they show Hellblade 2, this will change to “when will we see Perfect Dark/Avowed/Everwild”?

Robb

Gold Member
I’ll vote no just to be optimistic, but I think it’s likely it will be pushed further.

Redfall July, Starfield Late Nov. Book it.
If this is true, that would be very bad.

Xbox has to get these games out to keep subs at this point. They can’t afford to keep pushing games back with nothing to fill in the gaps.

Imagine going a year and 5+ months without a big first party game in game pass. I don’t see them doing that.

Moses85

The question is not if it will be delayed…
The question is, how long!

Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm fine either way, as long as it launches with less bugs than previous Bethesda games...so let's say 1000 bugs instead of a million.

1 bug per planet should suffice.

Freeman76

Anyone who voted no will be very dissapointed. No way this is coming out this side of summer. They have said Starfield will have its own presentation, my money is on a delay announcement followed by a showcase to appease disgruntled fans who dont know how Bethesda work.

After all the shit FO76, NMS etc received they wont be risking a backlash if the game aint ready. A release of this size, 5 months away from release, would have a lot more marketing and things would be ramping up around now in terms of screens and deep dives etc.

Its obvious this isnt coming out in July.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I can't see MS releasing Starfield, Redfall AND Forza in the first few months, without any release date, show or whatever. Yes we will get some show soon but you want to focus on one or 2 games in the first half and not 3 games.

No reason to release SF before summer. SF screams fall 2023. If they want to release all these games before the summer, then it's because of presure from the stakeholders, and that won't end well for some of these games. Redfall might be completely overshadowed.

reksveks

Will let you know once the Superbowl comes and goes.

P.s. There is a rumour that xbox will have an ad spot during the show.

k_trout

I hope not, but also feel a winter release would be better, its cold and dark and a Bethesda game would ease those winter blues

NahaNago

I want to say yes but like others have said we are 2 weeks into the year so they have plenty of time to release the game. The game will be a buggy mess no matter what considering how ambitious it is so they might as well just release it when it is good enough. I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to properly debug 1,000 planets.

Flutta

Banned
Why wouldn’t you want it to be delayed? I mean if you enjoy playing buggy/unfinished games then i can undertand.

Ar¢tos

Why wouldn’t you want it to be delayed? I mean if you enjoy playing buggy/unfinished games then i can undertand.
It's Bethesda... It will buggy regardless of release dare. They probably will implement a mod system like Skyrim so players can fix the game for them.

Jennings

lol i also voted wrong, i wonder how any other people did
Well, I didn't realize I voted wrong until I saw your post and went and re-read the poll. What the fuck is the problem with all these people that ask one question in the thread title and a completely opposite question in the poll. I need to learn to proof read this shit since the OPs of the world certainly aren't ever doing it. I am part of the problem.

Last edited:

Roufianos

I think so. Unless MS has something big planned for the fall, there's no reason to release it when they already have a pretty strong first half.

It wouldn't surprise me if it got delayed, and it was already supposed to come out 11/22. If we don't see a big blow out trailer soon, then I think it will be delayed to later in the year.

MH3M3D

The question is not will it get delayed, but for how long. This game could be the best selling game this year. With no CoD this november, it can take advantage.

Chukhopops

I think it will launch in September to space out the releases and come out a few months after Zelda. That way I don’t have to choose which one to play first between the two biggest games this year.

Lunarorbit

I'm not up starfields ass looking for coverage and i haven't seen alot of previews or coverage yet. Getting towards the end of January so if it's coming out in the 1st half they have to start laying the promotional ground work.

Lots of smoke about it being delayed so that's what I'm voting. Second half of 2022.

Top Bottom