• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Starfield Get Delayed?

Will Starfield be released in the first half of 2023?

• Yes, of course.

Votes: 221 63.9%
  • No, of course.

Votes: 125 36.1%

• Total voters

DaGwaphics

Seems like the Holiday period would be better positioning, but maybe they have things coming in the back half of the year that we are unaware of. Front half would seem almost too busy with Starfield in the mix too.

Ozriel

M$FT
After all the shit FO76, NMS etc received they wont be risking a backlash if the game aint ready. A release of this size, 5 months away from release, would have a lot more marketing and things would be ramping up around now in terms of screens and deep dives etc.

Its obvious this isnt coming out in July.

We aren’t exactly seeing a flood of screens, videos and ramped up marketing for Final Fantasy XVI and Resident Evil 4 Remake. All coming out within the next 5 months.

Delayed, too?

schaft0620

Xbox needs anywhere between 6 months and 90 days to market Starfield. It's Bethesda so I tend to lean towards the middle but for sure more than 90 days. They won't announce the date at the end of this month. So the earliest it could come would be May. Then you have Forza or Redfall in May and you have a packed June with Diablo in what is essentially a partner game in the same genre as Starfield. July is too "vacation-ay" so the earliest I see Starfield coming is Aug and the latest would be very early December. Given the delay from last year, I really like Sept/Oct.

Kvally

Banned
MS said by June of 2023. They updated their support page to state by June of 2023. They have new Starfield promotions on the Xbox Series X boxes. The game was already delayed. MS had a lackluster 2022. Rumor says it debuts first commercials at Super Bowl next month. IMO, we should see it by June.

I am always wrong though, so don't listen to me.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
It will be so funny when the game finally comes out and it turns out to be absolute garbage.

Fallout 4 was shit.
Fallout 76 was a dumpster fire.
Every time they re-release Skyrim (i.e. every 2 months) it is undeniably a worse version of what we had before because of crap like in-game mod store or VR version that has no place on VR because it sucks ass.
The list goes on.

Does anyone still believe that this company will deliver something worthwhile?

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
They'll either release it too early or they'll delay it. If it's released too early they'll just take the Fallout76, Sea of Thieves, No Man's Sky path to fixing a shit, broken game some time after release. Either way, whatever people are doing by June 2023 it won't be playing a finished product.
So..... your prediction is that they will release the game either sooner or later? Thank you for the insight :)

kikii

More rumours coming out that Starfield will be delayed beyond the first half of 2023.
Microsoft said it would be the first half through their E3 presentation, and there hasn't been any news of a delay.
However, with Starfield not being in the new Xbox showcase, time is running out for its release date to be announced prior to 2st July.

What say ye Gaf?
use search button even it sux ass, but this is like 10th thread abt asking same :D

Kacho

Gold Member
60fps mode on console is the real question op.
iwata-laughs.png

Arsic

Gold Member
For such a pessimistic view of xbox games, why do you care about anything else they have upcoming?
Having my outlook doesn’t directly correlate to me enjoying their portfolio of possibilities.

A few titles, I’m always interested in with what they currently have going on are: Forza, Halo, gears of war, hell blade, and Bethesda titles. Obsidian maybe too, but I feel they will take a long while to deliver something. The smaller title game they put out this last year really didn’t do it for me.

Plus, as a primary PC player first, Xbox game pass is an absolute win. I genuinely believe that game pass is the best value subscription I have other than Amazon prime.

Last year was frustrating, and this year, I’m just not holding my breath. Forza is the only title I have confidence in from their potential lineup for this year.

Freeman76

We aren’t exactly seeing a flood of screens, videos and ramped up marketing for Final Fantasy XVI and Resident Evil 4 Remake. All coming out within the next 5 months.

Delayed, too?

Yeah because the 3 companies all work exactly the same dont they 🙄

Freeman76

How is this a reasonable response to what I said?

YOU were the one claiming an AAA release would have a flood of media, constant adverts and deep dives 5 months to release. Is it your position that FFXVI and RE 4 Remake aren’t big games?

It should be obvious if you ever followed a Bethesda game in the past, especially given how much MS will be behind this trying to one up Sony. You obviously think it wont be delayed, and try to use companies who go very differently about their marketing as support for that view. Makes no sense at all to me though so I am ducking out of this convo pronto.

November 2023 ...almost positive since this is the time frame they originally wanted to release it and Bethesda usually releases games. They want that holiday money and MS wants this to be relatively polished (for a Bethesda game).

Zug

It will be, and 12 years later we'll still be downloading mods from the Nexus to fix the bugs that were here from day one.

Batiman

Banned
Probably. And as hyped as I am I don’t really care. Too much shot to play with too little time. I don’t really get impatient for games anymore and just go with the flow. Waste of time and energy getting hyped for games when there’s always something to play or something to do. Life is too short to be waiting on something to release.

And Starfield is easily my most anticipated game.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It will be so funny when the game finally comes out and it turns out to be absolute garbage.

Fallout 4 was shit.
Every time they re-release Skyrim (i.e. every 2 months) it is undeniably a worse version of what we had before because of crap like in-game mod store or VR version that has no place on VR because it sucks ass.
The list goes on.

You are officially on crack....fallout 4 was great, nit as good as 3 but great. I wouldn't play a game that's shit for 120 hours. I know I have good taste in games...becuase I do.

We're two weeks into the first half of 2023. Time is running out?
My point is that companies normally set the release date for a game four to six months before it is released to gain preorders, hype etc.
With Starfield not being in the showcase that tells me that they will be doing something in the future to announce the release date. So I was getting at the fact that the further any announcement get pushed further back, that means they miss that time between announcement and release.
Could be wrong, but we will see.

Drizzlehell

Banned
You are officially on crack....fallout 4 was great, nit as good as 3 but great. I wouldn't play a game that's shit for 120 hours. I know I have good taste in games...becuase I do.
I probably played it for twice as long but whenever I think back on that time or try to revisit the game, all I'm filled with is depressive thoughts and boredom.

Call me crazy but I don't think a game that I spent so much time with in the past should be evoking feelings like that. I think the only reason I played it for as long as I have is because I absolutely adored Fallout 3 and New Vegas (still do) and I was just starved for another game like that and as a result, I somehow fooled myself into thinking that I was having a good time.

When I think about Fallout 4 right now, I have nothing but negative things to say about it.

Ozriel

M$FT

Fallout 4 was shit.
The list goes on.

This is a thread about release date for Starfield…not about fantasizing about the game’s quality.

Feel free to open a new thread to discuss your unpopular opinion.

EDMIX

The lolz, I never saw this game coming out in no fucking first half of 2023.

Massively unlikely.

Fall 2023 or Spring 2024.

I don't think it will get delayed as Xbox needs this. They know fans were already mad disappointed when it got delayed once before. That being said I don't doubt it will be a bugthesda kinda game upon release.

Havoc2049

Serious question. What is coming in the first half?
The internal leak rumor is that Redfall will release May 2, 2023 and Starfield will get a June '23 release. Shortly after the rumor, a Starfield support page went live stating that the game will release in the first half of 2023.

Varteras

Gold Member

Delayed, too?

I mean as far as FF16 is concerned we've seen what feels like 30 trailers already. At this point any more of that game and it might as well be a full walkthrough. Haven't paid any attention to the RE4 Remake to say anything about it.

Top Bottom