• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will there ever be a crossover as good as Star Trek TNG - DS9 - Voyager?

pramod

Banned
For me this is one of those things in life you don't appreciate when it's around, and only realize how amazing and unique it was after it was over.

It still blows my mind how good the writing was (overall, I realize Voyager is a step below the other 2).
And how they were able to integrate the 3 shows. It's something of a first in TV history and people have tried to replicate it with other "verses" since then but none has been as good.

ManaByte

It still blows my mind how good the writing was (overall, I realize Voyager is a step below the other 2).

Voyager was garbage and literally was using TNG's leftovers. Garret Wang was wearing Brent Spiner's shoes and they were recycling TNG VFX shots from the first season (such as the Dyson Sphere). Then they started to recycle TNG scripts when they ran out of ideas.

It's something of a first in TV history and people have tried to replicate it with other "verses" since then but none has been as good.

Well there's this one shared universe that has 25+ movies and multiple TV shows that seems to be pretty popular.

nush

Gold Member
For me this is one of those things in life you don't appreciate when it's around, and only realize how amazing and unique it was after it was over.

And how they were able to integrate the 3 shows. It's something of a first in TV history and people have tried to replicate it with other "verses" since then but none has been as good.

You've not watched Better Call Saul?

pramod

Banned
Voyager was garbage and literally was using TNG's leftovers. Garret Wang was wearing Brent Spiner's shoes and they were recycling TNG VFX shots from the first season (such as the Dyson Sphere). Then they started to recycle TNG scripts when they ran out of ideas.

Well there's this one shared universe that has 25+ movies and multiple TV shows that seems to be pretty popular.

The MCU?
That started out in the movies though, I meant more like TV shows that shared a common universe.

RavageX

My favorite was TNG, but after finally giving DS9 a fair chance, most of those characters really grew on me. DS9 felt more....real with the situations they faced. Its hard for me to pick a favorite out of the two. Voyager i had to force myself to finish. I liked the doc, and thats about it.

Maybe the vulcan too.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
My favorite was TNG, but after finally giving DS9 a fair chance, most of those characters really grew on me. DS9 felt more....real with the situations they faced. Its hard for me to pick a favorite out of the two. Voyager i had to force myself to finish. I liked the doc, and thats about it.

Maybe the vulcan too.
Tuvoc is the most annoying Vulcan because he always preaches the virtues of Vulcan logic and suppressing of emotion yet he is constantly displaying an emotion: annoyance

mcjmetroid

Maybe the vulcan too.
It's a little tricky. I think I would say ds9 but the final series really went out with a bit of a whimper. So they're tied with me

Kenpachii

Stargate comes to mind. They had like 2 shows heavily interconnected with eachother and both where considered a success and mixed casts from a 3rd show. But yes star trek was on another level with this and frankly i could only imagine what the future would bring. Sadly it was nothing.

Voyager was garbage and literally was using TNG's leftovers.

Voyager was far from garbage. Janeway was a badass captain, way before woke Hollywood started with 'the first female evar' craze. The doctor's character arc was brilliantly executed and 7of9 was not only hot af, but also smart and with an interesting storyline to boot with. Sure the special effects might look dated, but the characters were just so well done, Tuvok, Torres, Neelix, even Paris... all of them flawed yet likeable characters with the exception of cringe Chakotey.

The show had its weak points, but it is still lightyears better than most modern sci-fi shows, NuTrek included.

Last edited:

Ionian

You've not watched Better Call Saul?
Better Call Saul really is a masterpiece of pacing whilst adding to Breaking Bads back-story. Poor Kim, yet I see her getting redeemed.

What a shame it was delayed and I don't see a redemption arc for him yet I think that's very clearly signalled and is the point. Who knows though. Bob obendirk is a legend.

Facism

Stargate comes to mind. They had like 2 shows heavily interconnected with eachother and both where considered a success and mixed casts from a 3rd show. But yes star trek was on another level with this and frankly i could only imagine what the future would bring. Sadly it was nothing.

I've been binging stargate for the last month or so. So gud. Shame Universe got kneecapped, loved the change of tone from SG1/A and it started going somewhere :(

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I've been binging stargate for the last month or so. So gud. Shame Universe got kneecapped, loved the change of tone from SG1/A and it started going somewhere :(
I'd love the time to rewatch Stargate all over again, defo in my top 10 shows of all time, so so good, loved Atlantis and just as Universe started getting guud they fucking cancel

jufonuk

not tag worthy
What ep was the three way team up in?

Oh you mean when they just had people come into the episode like when when some ToS cast appeared in TNG?

Last edited:
Top Bottom