• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 11 23H2 arrives on the 26th of September, with a focus on AI

Are you going to upgrade?

• Yes. I'm ready.

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • No. There is nothing there for me.

Votes: 66 39.5%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • I'm on Linux or MacOS. Or consoles.

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

adamosmaki

I tried w11. From driver problems to usability issues ( what the hell is MS problem with start menu anyway? ) to ads in the fuc***g file explorer ( you can disable them but still one of the many annoying w11 features) i will be sticking to 10 for a few more years till i finally make the move to linux ( once valve release steam deck OS on desktop which they said will do )

So far I haven't had any glaring issues. I do wish they offered more customization options for the task bar, and other things.
I just bought a prebuilt Lenovo from Bestbuy on Black Friday.
It took me several hours but I did all the work arounds to make Windows 11 look and behave more like 10.
right click menu registry setting, taskbar button positions were the two big ones for me.
It holds my surround audio settings. 10 would always reset it to stereo.
But yes 11 has had no other glaring issues yet.
But I'm comparing an old win10 with a sata ssd to a new much faster computer with a m.2 ssd.

Roxkis_ii

Can anyone give me information on how to fully go AERO-TRANSPARENCY-ACRYLIC-GAUSSIAN BLURR on Windows 11? I want that to be implemented on the edge browser and file explorer. Does stardock do that?

It doesn't have to look or have the design elements from windows 7, but at least the full blown effect.

4k5Qo8w.png

E78U7hm.jpg
VPkSlxS.jpg
You can use MicaForEveryone. It only seems to work on windows explorer, but it does give you a bit of the blur back.
(You do need to run as admin, even if you only install for yourself.)

LZAN6Cs.png

With this app you can add blur to just the title bar.

otz5ZHY.png

Or you can blur the whole window. It does look cool, but it can make folder names hard to read with some backgrounds.

You can use MicaForEveryone. It only seems to work on windows explorer, but it does give you a bit of the blur back.
(You do need to run as admin, even if you only install for yourself.)

LZAN6Cs.png

With this app you can add blur to just the title bar.

otz5ZHY.png

Or you can blur the whole window. It does look cool, but it can make folder names hard to read with some backgrounds.
Can you add the blur to Microsoft edge, other web browsers and apps/programs?

Reallink

These are normal things people should have to do when their computer updates.

The hilarious part is CPU virtualization and memory integrity are the first things people turn off with gaming focused systems cause they actually have real measurable performance costs (unlike most of the snake oil "optimizations" that are typically recommended). Them being on by default in 11 is what was responsible for it benchmarking notably slower than 10. No clue what they could have fucked up to reverse the behavior where turning them on would somehow be faster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom