• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 11: The Best Windows Ever for Gaming - Xbox Wire

elliot5

Is the writing on the wall that the Xbox Console is no longer going to be the focus of the Xbox brand? A renewed focus on PC, xCloud and talk of streaming boxes and TV support I wonder if the traditional console will be around two generations from now. At least in the same sense as the Series X is right now. Just a thought.
In their "All In" on gaming thing with Satya, Phil said there will frankly always be a place for consoles and they're not going to abandon them so I wouldn't be too worried.

twilo99

How many Microsoft, windows and gamepass shills can you get on one website... Hmmm..

Maybe if people had actual data, personal experience, or an opinion, but no. It's a link to a company avertising. Or countless "but muh gamepass" posts. I would think people were legit, but we already had a cyberpunk shill on here for months, who's to say some people aren't just that (it's not like Ms hasn't deployed this tactic over and over again.)

So sensitive..

Topher

Gold Member

Yeah....that's going to be a problem. TPM 2.0 is not supported on my motherboard. I have to buy a module or something.

Seriously, Microsoft?

Last edited:

twilo99

There is no way they will force this.. maybe its a way to force OEMs to include it in future products, but I doubt they will be doing so for existing systems. They might disable some security features if you don't have the hardware, but making a requirement makes little sense to me

reinking

Gold Member
In their "All In" on gaming thing with Satya, Phil said there will frankly always be a place for consoles and they're not going to abandon them so I wouldn't be too worried.
I don't believe the "console" will vanish but will it be inline with the same vision as Series X? I'm wondering if they will take a more Series S approach in that it doesn't need as much under the hood and focus on it being less expensive once priority has fully shifted. Nintendo has proven power does not win you the market.

TransTrender

Gold Member
oJliFQl.jpg

ManaByte

Edit: Fixed it. Now it's showing I can run Windows 10. Just had to enable the device support in the BIOS.

Last edited:

TheBomb

I don't see anything that's exciting for me, but Windows 10 I think has 3 years left in life. I will need another computer.

jeffyjaixx

Can't get Secure Boot to enable in my bios because my Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard requires me to first disable CSM in bios then save and exit. Then I need to go back into bios and turn Secure Boot on. It won't let me disable CSM and then turn on Secure Boot at the same time.

When I turn off CSM support, it doesn't even give me the option to go into bios, just boots straight to Windows. I tried restarting into bios using the Recovery method/UEFI firmware fix method but same thing happens, restarts and just goes straight to windows login.

Trying to figure this out but I'm running out of ideas.

Or you guys think it won't make a difference even with Secure Boot on because I only have a 512GB Nvme.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Aware of that.. mentioned that here.
most changes that occur in any operating system are not released on the previous operating system .. it works like this on Android, Macos, iOS and even on Windows ..... what reason would there be to change the operating system if all the new features were brought over the previous ones? and then why stop at w10? and what about w7?

"With DirectStorage, which will only be available with Windows 11, games can quickly load assets to the graphics card without bogging down the CPU. This means you’ll get to experience incredibly detailed game worlds rendered at lightning speeds, without long load times. “DirectStorage Optimized” Windows 11 PCs are configured with the hardware and drivers needed to enable this amazing experience."

YAY! Now PC players will finally understand what PS5 players have been enjoying since November, 2020. Welcome aboard guys!

Topher

Gold Member
"With DirectStorage, which will only be available with Windows 11, games can quickly load assets to the graphics card without bogging down the CPU. This means you’ll get to experience incredibly detailed game worlds rendered at lightning speeds, without long load times. “DirectStorage Optimized” Windows 11 PCs are configured with the hardware and drivers needed to enable this amazing experience."

YAY! Now PC players will finally understand what PS5 players have been enjoying since November, 2020. Welcome aboard guys!

Animated GIF

this post reminds me of this pic (which is NSFW and you really, really shouldn't look at):

dMCVN8d.jpg

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I remember when people HATED Windows 10 when it released...now people suddenly want to stick with it for reasons.
Because it wasn't that great when it launched, and turned out to become good over time with lots of updates and refinements.

People remember how this goes with MS, so they are leery they have to do this all over again and by the time it gets good, here is another version.

Last edited:

twilo99

During the month of November in the year 2020, did you feel welcomed in the world of solid state storage, which PC players have been enjoying since roughly 2010?

The benefits brought to you from upgrading from a hard drive (its what you had in your PS3 and 4 if you are wondering) to a solid state drive are far grater than what a tech like direct storage brings to the table.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Im actually looking forward to this - Win 11 looks more like KDE but i've always liked that anyway. I dont care who they copy, they all copy each other.

DirectStorage and AutoHDR cant cant come soon enough! Along with better game performance (hopefully), im all in baby.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I remember when people HATED Windows 10 when it released...now people suddenly want to stick with it for reasons.
I've worked in IT for coming up on 30 years. This cycle has been repeated time and time and time and time again with every Windows release I've been around for. Everyone hates it at first because it's new. Then people reluctantly use it and either adjust their habits to tolerate it, or genuinely start to like it. Nowadays Microsoft rolls out patches that increase performance and stability, so the longer it's in use the better it gets. The more it becomes routine, the more people are unwilling to give it up - especially true when it's a radical shift like Win 3.1 -> Win 95 or from ME -> XP. People have their programs set up the way they like them. Things are stable. Then most people feel like Microsoft rips the rug out from under them.

Same Old Same Old Starz GIF by Heels

ManaByte

I've worked in IT for coming up on 30 years. This cycle has been repeated time and time and time and time again with every Windows release I've been around for. Everyone hates it at first because it's new. Then people reluctantly use it and either adjust their habits to tolerate it, or genuinely start to like it. Nowadays Microsoft rolls out patches that increase performance and stability, so the longer it's in use the better it gets. The more it becomes routine, the more people are unwilling to give it up - especially true when it's a radical shift like Win 3.1 -> Win 95 or from ME -> XP. People have their programs set up the way they like them. Things are stable. Then most people feel like Microsoft rips the rug out from under them.

Same Old Same Old Starz GIF by Heels

You're also missing the people who THINK they know what they're doing and "customize" Windows to their liking by taking a hacksaw to the registry and then come on forums like this and are all like "FUCK MICROSOFT THE STORE WON'T WORK".

Top Bottom