• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 11: The Best Windows Ever for Gaming - Xbox Wire

Fuz

Banned
png-transparent-man-illustration-middle-finger-doge-internet-meme-middle-finger-miscellaneous-white-face.png

Md Ray

The Best Windows For Gaming....If you have a TPM 2.0 module (whatever that is, although apparently a lot of high end gaming motherboards dont have them)
I had to enable it in the BIOS on my msi B450 board, to install Windows 11.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No difference in performance terms according to Hardware Unboxed.
But they're running benchmarks on an unfinished version that doesn't have a lot of the advertised features so

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Best for gaming since they have a monopoly on directx.

Copying whatever they can from macOS and call it a new windows.

I sure love Microsoft lol
? Baffling comment from an Apple fanboy. "Evil MS has a monopoly on their software and must steal from my preferred software. "

I bet you put an Apple sticker on your work provided windows PC and yell "get a mac" every time someone complains about a computer related issue.

The truth is that Apple doesn't give a shit about gaming and never did. PC gamers tend to skew towards HW enthusiasts not closed system evangelists.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Best for gaming since they have a monopoly on directx.

Copying whatever they can from macOS and call it a new windows.

I sure love Microsoft lol

They literally develop DirectX?
Developers arent forced to use DirectX, OpenGL and Vulkan are out there.
Hell a bunch of developers will tell you Vulkan is the better API to use.

But yeah lets call something someone developed themselves monopolizing

anyone got a link to the application to check if your pc/laptop is windows 11 ready?

On Topic
Im alittle sad DirectStorage might actually be Windows 11 exclusive.
Im quite happy with Windows 10 and dont really want to upgrade just yet.

But I guess for now we are still in that crossgen phase so DirectStorage might not be used by too many games just yet and certainly wont be a requirement for a minute.

But im guess 2023 we will start seeing games with a min OS requirement of Windows 11.
Or atleast whatever update of Windows 10 gets DirectStorage as well.

twilo99

Man, it's really cool when OPs provide a sentence, a few words, hell, ANYTHING other than just the link, lol.

Did you want me to summarize it for you?

Its autoHDR, direct storage, and cloud gaming. Its good stuff.

Microsoft are finally realizing how important Windows is for PC gaming after 30 years of neglect.

oh, and gamepass.

Top Bottom