• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 11's best gaming feature now being enabled in Windows 10

Banned
DStorage is coming to Windows 10 too, this thread is literally about that... So I don't see how 7th gen Intel and below aren't supported or am I missing something? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Windows 11 doesn't support gen 7 and below, Direct Storage does on Windows 10

Cool, but welcome to the club with outdated zen 2 CPU, outdated GDDR6 and weak RDNA2 GPU.
Control-PS5-settings-1030x585.jpg
Oh strange. I don’t remember saying the PS5’s CPU and GPU were better than what’s available for PC. 🤔 I thought I said SSD. My bad I guess.

Md Ray

I wish i can take advantage of it with my zen 2 + Turing card combo.

I'm not holding my breath on it.
You can. This combo is far from being outdated. In fact, some of the Turing's features are yet to be utilized like the mesh shading and sampler feedback in games.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
DStorage is coming to Windows 10 too, this thread is literally about that... So I don't see how 7th gen Intel and below aren't supported or am I missing something? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Of course they are supported. But at this point we don't know how this "W10" support of DXS will look like (there are some "DX12" games on W7) and Windows 11 officially needs 8 gen intel and beyond. I think anyone on Intel 6xxx and AMD 1xxx will be fine but this is just my guess.

martino

so I'm playing some games on the preview of windows 11 with auto hdr (i like what it does)
will this come to windows 10 or not ? (current situation is not clear to me, it was supposed to be windows 10 but that was before windows 11 was announced)
I could go back to windows if yes

Top Bottom