• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Central Exclusive: Microsoft is moving ahead with an Xbox Game Pass Family Plan

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
The designated home console for an account gets all the benefits of Live/GPU without that account having to be signed in. It's not intuitive.

For example, Billy has Xbox 1 set as his home console, he can sign in to Xbox 2 and play with/against Sam who's playing on Xbox 1. If you have 2 kids each with an Xbox in their room, each should have their home console set as the one that is not on their room so they can share subscriptions and digital content. In this case, 1 GPU sub is all that's needed for both kids (unless you lose Internet access).
Ok, I think I understand. So I could take my son's console and GP Ultimate account and set his console as the 'Home' console. Then create a spoof/non-GP/non-Gold account and also log into that console as the active account. Then separately take his GP Ultimate account and log into his PC, and that will allow the spoof/non-GP/non-Gold account on his console to use GP and Gold and play with his GP Ultimate account on PC simultaneously? So it's the GP Ultimate 'Home' console granting rights to GP+Gold to the spoof account?

Reizo Ryuu

Ok, I think I understand
Yes, but you're thinking about it too hard, the account with all the privileges designates a home system, this home system allows all other accounts on it to share the benefits, so everyone can have their own accounts without paying again for the benefits.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Yes, but you're thinking about it too hard, the account with all the privileges designates a home system, this home system allows all other accounts on it to share the benefits, so everyone can have their own accounts without paying again for the benefits.
I see now. The whole spoof account thing was because we all have GP Ultimate, so I had to create a non-GP/Gold account to test it. The part I missed before was signing out of the Home console with the main GP account. I just tried it and it works correctly now. Good stuff.

Lucian

Ok, I think I understand. So I could take my son's console and GP Ultimate account and set his console as the 'Home' console. Then create a spoof/non-GP/non-Gold account and also log into that console as the active account. Then separately take his GP Ultimate account and log into his PC, and that will allow the spoof/non-GP/non-Gold account on his console to use GP and Gold and play with his GP Ultimate account on PC simultaneously? So it's the GP Ultimate 'Home' console granting rights to GP+Gold to the spoof account?
Yep!

freefornow

Well thank you 🤗 And Bless Rare! Viva Pinata is such an underrated gem, still plays amazingly well. The sequel is great too.
I feel like my children developed their love of gaming with this game. Warmed my heart to hear that children/families are enjoying this today. Hard to believe it's been 16 years.

Wouldn't this tie in with their streaming services quite well? You could have a small, cheap device like the Stadia thingy that is 100% streaming, combined with this family pass would mean every TV in the house could have 100% Xcloud streaming for virtually free.

Topher

Gold Member
Wouldn't this tie in with their streaming services quite well? You could have a small, cheap device like the Stadia thingy that is 100% streaming, combined with this family pass would mean every TV in the house could have 100% Xcloud streaming for virtually free.

You gotta think an Xbox streaming device is in the cards when xCloud comes out of beta. Seems almost a given.

You gotta think an Xbox streaming device is in the cards when xCloud comes out of beta. Seems almost a given.
it's a no brainer. X1 and X1X are getting more and more 'cloud only' games on gamepass. It won't be long (12 months?) before those consoles are cloud only as a way to play next/current gen games. If that works out, then yeah an Xbox streaming device at a low, low cost is a given.

$50 for the device with a months free gamepass would sell like hotcakes. Added bonus of not relying on advanced chipsets which means no chip-shortage delays. Microsoft could knock millions of these out in no time.

If Microsoft bought/worked with the raspberry pie people, they could make millions of them for pennies!

Swift_Star

Banned
Wasn’t that confirmed a few months back? I remember reading about that, a stick of sorts like the Fire sticks from Amazon.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I feel like my children developed their love of gaming with this game. Warmed my heart to hear that children/families are enjoying this today. Hard to believe it's been 16 years.
🤝🙂
It’s actually one of few games vocalized in Swedish, most are in English unfortunately so for my little ones it has been a nice choice, it’s such a charming game.

Localization is an area even Nintendo needs to work at, kids don’t start learning english in school until they’re 9 here, some games are logical enough by looking at visual cues but some no doubt take it for granted that you know english. As a parent you often have to be a translator, and have to deal with:
*Kid goes into the menu*
*cries*
- I did something and now my save is gone!!

Top Bottom