• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Central -Xbox feedback analysis: The top issues Xbox fans want to see fixed in 2022

FeldMonster

Quick Resume is awesome, and its issues are equally annoying.

My most played games these days are Halo MCC, Halo 5, and Halo Infinite, and they each have issues with Quick Resume. Halo 5 has the fewest issues, Halo Infinite fails to connect literally every session as far as I can tell, though it at least tells you, unlike MCC. Halo MCC sometimes works, and sometimes does not, but there is no way to tell if it has connection issues unless you sit in matchmaking endlessly. So, as a result, I force quit every session, just to make sure.

Glad to see achievements needing improvements is in the top 5. Maybe we will get that platinum equivalent after all.
I don’t quite get this, the 1000/1000 is sort of the equivalent. What is the point of having an achievement to tell you that? What they could do is to split between base game and DLC so that you don’t end up with something like 1000/5000. Still, I would like to see improvements when it comes to this. I still have bugged achievements from Gears 4.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I don’t quite get this, the 1000/1000 is sort of the equivalent. What is the point of having an achievement to tell you that? What they could do is to split between base game and DLC so that you don’t end up with something like 1000/5000. Still, I would like to see improvements when it comes to this. I still have bugged achievements from Gears 4.

1000/1000 just isn't the same. I don't know. Hard to explain. I get satisfaction from the challenge of getting that Platinum trophy rather than just a number.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
PSVR1 sold 5 million, and it was a 2016 wired device. All that people want is an affordable device and good content
I’m on the VR bandwagon, I own a Rift S and a PS VR but 5 million psvr is not that great on the biggest selling console of the generation. How could they ever release a real triple A game on a device with only 5 million potential customers they would need atleast 20 percent of the user base to buy it to sell 1 million units.

im really interested to see how PSVR 2 does and I hope that Sony support it with genuinely new and incredible games to the level of Half Life Alyx but I can totally see why MS isn’t behind vr.

microsoft would be lucky to sell a couple million units of a headset And it just doesn’t make sense For them I don’t think.

Last edited:

AGRacing

Gold Member
The Game DVR is garbage that's for sure.... I always wonder why I can't record on the Xbox what I can easily on the Playstation.... I think there's some dedicated hardware solution on that platform.

Isa

Gold Member
My primary gripe is the lack of Japanese game support, but I'd add games across the Asian region in general. There are so many games they could try to get. Hell plenty of niche nerdy titles that had low budgets and expectations that could do well with a little push in a new ecosystem. If I was at Xbox with access to all that funny money I'd establish a team who specifically went out to get old games ported to Xbox/PC with new convenience features and such, maybe even pay for translations, and do all I could to bring newer titles over as well. I'd go in like old Sega and have teams (internal/external) do that work for the publishers so they don't have to take on the burden and risk.

Just establishing the reputation would help immensely with the "Xbox has no gaemz" and give people who game in that ecosystem more to chose from. It really is baffling the decisions these companies make sometimes, even regarding titles that are multiplatform. Like Jesus man, are you even trying? With a massive warchest to boot. Instead they let so many titles just pass 'em by. It is getting better sure, but its definitely one of MS's worst faults in my opinion, especially considering the history of Xbox and having decades to fix the problem.

My second wish would to have a newer controller with haptic feedback. That'd be cool. But My first complaint is miles above the rest. I mean shit I'd be fine with them diverting funds away from the plethora of indie gamepass deals for some Japanese game love. Like what if they just went hard and started snagging classics from yesteryear, lol backcompat from other systems lol.

Corndog

Banned
Confirmation bias and denial aren't lies.

Just ask anyone here.

Webmd It Must Be Real GIF
Commodore 64 had some really slow modems. No internet for consumers back then. Just bbs.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
Wtf are game dvr problems. I’ve never used it in my life. give me games, give me Japanese games and yeah ok I’ll take constant improvements to the OS.

But yeah, just more and more great games releasing please….and tools….improve da tools! :)
yeah, xbox vs ps5 is night and day

on ps5 im recording 1080p/60fps, HDR footage, the last 1 hour of gameplay. Editing it quickly and easy from the ps5 itself, trimming it, and uploding it

on xbox its 30 secs for 1080p, you can extend to 3 mins.....for 720, SD, no HDR, and no way to edit. Its ancient.

I like to record FULL great games/matches that I have, like in apex or something, or if I forgot to record something, on ps5, i can always just record the last 1 hour and trim/edit later.

I literally play MP games on playstation due to this reason

Last edited:

MacReady13

If you look to the PS5 and the complete video editor they have from the PS4 and see what have the Xbox... is the night and day.

Even when the Upload studio was active the difference was huge, imagine now without nothing.
I get that but don't we have these console to play games? How could the biggest complaint be about DVR? It wouldn't even rank on my top 1000 list of complaints with Xbox at the moment!

Topher

Gold Member
I get that but don't we have these console to play games? How could the biggest complaint be about DVR? It wouldn't even rank on my top 1000 list of complaints with Xbox at the moment!

Probably because Jez Corden used twitter to gather his information.

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
I mean, they have the studios, the games will get here when they are ready, and then it should be (hopefully) a constant rollout. Gamepass is also always there and always providing new things, just a couple of days ago sniper elite 5 got added, im loving it.

The games are there, and the first party are just a bit of a ways out, but coming.

Might as well fix features that can be fixed and used now, this one is a big one, I avoid playing MP games on xbox due to the dvr reason. Its top 5 on my list

Hezekiah

Banned
Who the hell did they question? I refuse to believe Japanese support, and everything else combined, absolutely dwarfs First Party games improvements. Crazy.
Agreed, I doubt the majority of owners give much of a damn about Japanese game support.

First-party games improvement is the most important. I guess you could say the Starfield delay is a sign of QC, but management and timeliness of those studios is part of it.

cireza

Banned
Why?

Why not just buy a Nintendo or PS if you like Japanese games?

It’s like buying a Ford Focus and then complaining that it’s not an aeroplane.
There are a ton of reasons to stay on Xbox, but I am not going to elaborate here.

Banjo64

cumsessed
There are a ton of reasons to stay on Xbox, but I am not going to elaborate here.
I’m not saying ditch Xbox.

I’m saying if Japanese games are the most important thing to you, buy a £160 Switch Lite or a £360 PS5.

My biggest issue is that every now and then a game just crashes. It's not often enough to be super annoying or anything, but it happens more often than on my old piece of shit laptop. It's just weird.

Banjo64

cumsessed
My biggest issue is that every now and then a game just crashes. It's not often enough to be super annoying or anything, but it happens more often than on my old piece of shit laptop. It's just weird.
That’s odd :unsure:

Never happened to me in hundreds of hours of gameplay (Series S).

Could be some particular games maybe?

Because that's what people who play multiplayer games do. When they do something good, or something absurd happens they like to make a clip. And for some fucking reason the clips come out like this:

Trillion dollar company can't spare a coder for a week to fix audio sync. It's a joke even before you start comparing features with Sony.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Glad to see DVR is top voted, Xbox DVR feature is pretty poor compared to the ps5 in all honesty.
It's probably my only real gripe with Xbox hardware.

anthony2690

Banned
Because that's what people who play multiplayer games do. When they do something good, or something absurd happens they like to make a clip. And for some fucking reason the clips come out like this:

Trillion dollar company can't spare a coder for a week to fix audio sync. It's a joke even before you start comparing features with Sony.

You playing at 120fps? As I noticed this happens for me on halo infinite, gears 5 and kofxv sometimes and all them games I play at 120fps.

All the big brain engineers are working on Azure. Source: a somewhat high ranking dude I know at MS (he's not working on anything Xbox).

MikeM

Let's be honest, the makes no difference. People like it for a second and shut it off.

It doesn't change the game in any meaningful way

Same with HD rumble in Joycons.
I must be in the minority. I never turn mine off, even in multiplayer shooters like COD CW. Love them!
2 reddit posts with a total of 18 upvotes.

Yeah people hate it. Case closed.
Seriously. What a huge sample size…

As for this thread, what i’m most disappointed in is the lack of first party games. I’m pretty happy with it overall save for the clicky clicky controller.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
My primary gripe is the lack of Japanese game support, but I'd add games across the Asian region in general. There are so many games they could try to get. Hell plenty of niche nerdy titles that had low budgets and expectations that could do well with a little push in a new ecosystem. If I was at Xbox with access to all that funny money I'd establish a team who specifically went out to get old games ported to Xbox/PC with new convenience features and such, maybe even pay for translations, and do all I could to bring newer titles over as well. I'd go in like old Sega and have teams (internal/external) do that work for the publishers so they don't have to take on the burden and risk.
This i can agree with, especially since during the mid to late 10s Xbox funded a lot of indie projects and managed to make them Xbox exclusive for quite a while, Dusk an elysian tail, both ori games, Rivals of Aether, Cuphead, makes you wonder why they couldn't just nab some japanese indies from a company like playism or something.
Also VR needs to be bigger there, it's the future god damn it

Reactions: Isa
You playing at 120fps? As I noticed this happens for me on halo infinite, gears 5 and kofxv sometimes and all them games I play at 120fps.
Yep, it's a known 120fps problem. The people playing multiplayer games at 120hz also being the most likely people on the platform to regularly use a recording feature.
All the big brain engineers are working on Azure. Source: a somewhat high ranking dude I know at MS (he's not working on anything Xbox).
A reasonably bright intern should be able to figure this one out. And for all the big brains Microsoft is throwing at Azure my company looked at it for about 5 seconds before deciding to just go with AWS :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Who the hell did they question? I refuse to believe Japanese support, and everything else combined, absolutely dwarfs First Party games improvements. Crazy.
Perhaps people are aware of the multitude of new studios MS aquired. It would be odd to complain about not enough first party after Bethesda and Activision + all their other studios getting added to the stable. The DVR seems to have been a major issue for a while now and certainly makes more sense than a lack of first party titles.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
The wonderful gaming population of....

Twitter.jpg
funny you say that because Twitter is basically swarmed with PS fanboys constantly saying Xbox needs to do better and have first parties like Sony. I can't get them off my damn timeline on my site. If they really surveyed there that would probably be like 99% of the chart lmao

93xfan

Banned
Resolution boost on Xbox one and 360 games
Battlefield 4
MGS5
Tekken 7
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
Batman Arkham Knight
Dead or Alive 4
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

anthony2690

Banned
Battlefield 4
MGS5
Tekken 7
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
Batman Arkham Knight
Dead or Alive 4
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken 7 desperately needs a Res boost, it really winds me up, as it was showed off with the Xbox one X reveal that it would get a one X update and it never happened :l

My other gripe being "now fight your next rival" takes like 40+ seconds to get you into the match (this included rematching what is stupid)

RPS37

Battlefield 4
MGS5
Tekken 7
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
Batman Arkham Knight
Dead or Alive 4
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Pay someone to fix the image quality of Sunset Overdrive so I can finish it.

YukiOnna

Japanese game support is definitely a big factor for me that would in turn improve their first party line ups and add more variety. I think they only have Tango?
First Party game improvement just has to do with output in the end and management of the development.

Kssio_Aug

I stopped carying about game DVR because of numerous random bugs that sort of happen after updates. The last big one was that all HDR games I was trying to capture on XSS were becoming pitch dark! The last time I tried it still was the same shit, not sure if they fixed it at this point though.

Quick Resume is pretty damn awesome, when it works! Super annoying when it doesn't!
Maybe I just have been playing mostly games that supports it quite well, but I have been mostly lucky about it. But still, definitely something they need to improve too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom