• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows possibly hinting at a Persona 5 PC Port?

3P6hclI.gif

Well, that's just confirmation of a PC port or else whoever is running that is completely out of touch. A bit strange that the Windows Twitter would announce it instead of Atlus but what else could it mean?

Last edited:
But why would a official Windows account reply to a random Persona tweet of all things it does make you wonder
This sounds insane but the original tweet has the word windows in it and I bet there’s some filter that triggers it to show up in their social media manager. They see it’s gaming related so they reply to it because gaming is still relevant to Windows.

Last edited:
This sounds insane but the original tweet has the word windows in it and I bet there’s some filter that triggers it to show up in their social media manager. They see it’s gaming related so they reply to it because gaming is still relevant to Windows.
I think it more than that i think a Port is coming

Pejo

Well they've literally been dangling us by the balls for the past year or so, P4 Golden followed by P5......Strikers. There better be a damn port eventually. I played through the original P5 on PS4, but I've been waiting for the PC version for Royal.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I mean...

.. what possible reason does the WINDOWS twitter account of all things have to tweet something like this lol, it's not even the game pass or Xbox accounts teasing this.

real weird that a/ if Persona 5 comes to Windows and b/ it doesn't come to Xbox or PC Game Pass going by Sega's output there.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
My copy of Royal steel book, is still sealed. Hearing how long it is just creates a wall for me to start. I'd kill for a windows, game pass, or even more switch port then I could play it in bed.

I wish it would happen, but then again people have been asking Atlus to port this game to literally any other platform outside PS3 - PS5 since 2016...

Topher

Gold Member
Hmmmm, maybe it is will be coming to PC Game Pass if the Windows store is talking about it? Not sure. Hopefully that means it will be on Steam as well obviously.

spons

Gold Member
They dont like free money
The free money they got is most likely a lump sum already received from Sony to not release it anywhere else.
I cannot think of any other reason why this is stuck on their main devices.

adamsapple

The free money they got is most likely a lump sum already received from Sony to not release it anywhere else.
I cannot think of any other reason why this is stuck on their main devices.

I'm sure they won't mind getting another big sack to bring it to Xbox. It's already lived its sales cycle on both PS3 and 4 by now I reckon.

Dreamin

Yeee I want this.
I own it on PS but my save got mauled (not too far in considering the overall length of the game, maybe 15 hours) and I was going to wait until I had a PS5 before I played anything. It's been ages now and I probably won't buy 1 at all, I may be 99% done with consoles and I'm happy about it, put everything on PC babay.

adamsapple

The post is literally "windows teases persona 5 port"

You click the thread and it's literally a tweet that doesn't tease anything.

The windows twitter account replying to someone talking about Persona events in april and directly referencing Persona 5, a game that isn't on any Windows platform, is the very definition of a tease.

No need to get so serious about a simple thread, if it doesn't pan out it'll become obscure in 2 days.

Kilau

Christian Bale Idk GIF

Not sure why the Windows twitter would be teasing this but if it's reached the person that runs that account I think we would be hearing more about it from other places.

Nezzeroth

Opinions, but out of P3, P4, and P5, but P4 was my least favorite. P5 was the best. Needs to be on more platforms, regardless. As does P3.
Same. The three games in general have quite a lot of filler but in case of P4 if felt the worst by far. The plot doesn’t move at all for more than half the game, and even dialog feels repeated sometimes.

And from a gameplay perspective P3 and P5 were superior too, IMO.

Topher

Gold Member
Same. The three games in general have quite a lot of filler but in case of P4 if felt the worst by far. The plot doesn’t move at all for more than half the game, and even dialog feels repeated sometimes.

And from a gameplay perspective P3 and P5 were superior too, IMO.

Agree. I didn't find the characters in P4 as interesting either.

Topher

Gold Member
Did anyone finish this? Games like 100 hours long and every dungeon is the same.

Yes, I did. Why do you think every dungeon is the same? Most of them have different styles based on different themes. And there is a lot more to the game than just dungeons.

Kokoloko85

Yeah, the first two were more dark. The weaboofication started with 3 and got stronger with 4.

If they remake the first two, the tone will probably be more light.

Totally.
I hope they will stick to being more dark if they do makea remake of the first 2, just also include newer mechanics from the newer games.

Like you said the weaboofication started with 3. I think they made Persona weaboo and the other titles like SMT and Digital Devil they tried to keep darker lol

-MD-

Yes, I did. Why do you think every dungeon is the same? Most of them have different styles based on different themes. And there is a lot more to the game than just dungeons.

It's been far too long to recall details but I put about 40-50 hours into it at launch but remember every dungeon feeling like I was doing the same thing over and over so I ended up dropping it when I found out it I was barely halfway done.

Top Bottom