• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven 9 screens (PSP)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
921912_20050817_screen001.jpg

921912_20050817_screen002.jpg

921912_20050817_screen003.jpg

921912_20050817_screen004.jpg

921912_20050817_screen005.jpg

921912_20050817_screen006.jpg

921912_20050817_screen007.jpg

921912_20050817_screen008.jpg

921912_20050817_screen009.jpg

921912_20050817_screen010.jpg

921912_20050817_screen011.jpg

921912_20050817_screen012.jpg

921912_20050817_screen013.jpg

921912_20050817_screen014.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sholmes said:
This might sell a few copies.

Yes, it might sell a few copies. But PSP is dead and this isn't a UMD movie, so it has a slim chance of selling well

One of our regulars at work is from Scotland and is fantatical about Winning Eleven. He was adamant about NOT getting a psp until I told him about this game. Now he just thinks I am evil...these screens should torture him more.

Keio

For a Finer World
PES5 PSP GET! This game will truly save my train journeys.

You have a link option via USB to PES5 on PS2 too so you can transfer your league data and continue on the move & at home. Connectivity rocks!

Izzy

Banned
Keio said:
You have a link option via USB to PES5 on PS2 too so you can transfer your league data and continue on the move & at home. Connectivity rocks!

Sounds awesome - my Man U team will be on its way to PSP, then. Thanks for posting the pics, Wario. Looks surprisingly good.

Yusaku

Fucking PSP dithering makes me sad, but I'm getting used to it. Looks phenominal otherwise. Big question is: hows the framerate?

Socreges

Banned
Yusaku said:
Fucking PSP dithering makes me sad, but I'm getting used to it. Looks phenominal otherwise. Big question is: hows the framerate?
It looked very good in the video that I saw.

Graphics won't be this game's problem, believe me.

Socreges

Banned
dark10x said:
What will be, Master DS?
The amount of content that had to be taken out. No Master League, no commentary, and several functions either removed or mapped to different places.

But what do you care? Are you being protective of the game or just one of the PSP's commodoties?

And "Master DS"? What the shit?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Socreges said:
The amount of content that had to be taken out. No Master League, no commentary, and several functions either removed or mapped to different places.

But what do you care? Are you being protective of the game or just one of the PSP's commodoties?

And "Master DS"? What the shit?
Why do you care what I have to say about the DS? Just returning the favor.

I couldn't care less about this game, though. :)

Socreges

Banned
dark10x said:
Why do you care what I have to say about the DS? Just returning the favor.
Listen, I've only recently entered DS threads frequently since I've decided to buy one and I see you all the time shitting bricks. For all I know you've been doing this for months, but for me it's a recent phenomenon and I couldn't help but comment/laugh.

B E N K E said:
No Master League? That's retarded... I hope they have something deeper for single player to replace it at least.
Well, there will still be tournaments and leagues. But the PSP version, as great as it will be on its own merits, is going to be a poor substitute.

dark10x

Listen, I've only recently entered DS threads frequently since I've decided to buy one and I see you all the time shitting bricks. For all I know you've been doing this for months, but for me it's a recent phenomenon and I couldn't help but comment/laugh.
Hey, I've only recently entered DS threads recently myself as I am also going to pick one up. I always see you defending the hell out of it. I just made an assumption from there... :)

Socreges

Banned
dark10x said:
Hey, I've only recently entered DS threads recently myself as I am also going to pick one up. I always see you defending the hell out of it. I just made an assumption from there... :)
Defending the hell out of it? I suppose you're trying to bring me down to your level, because that's bullshit.

id prefer real screens. You know, what you see when you play. Same goes for Fifa.

I also want to see the DS version, Im sure itll look even better.

Thats a joke guys.

dark10x

I would think that insulting games would be more acceptable than insulting people...but hey, that's just me. If you think otherwise, well, cheers to you!

Keio

For a Finer World
Sounds awesome - my Man U team will be on its way to PSP, then. Thanks for posting the pics, Wario. Looks surprisingly good.
Sorry - I was wrong. New info from Games Convention (where PES PSP is playable) states that data can only be copied from PS2->PSP, e.g. you can transfer your "option file" contents but can't continue master league or anything on the road :(

A pity.

Still, PES/WE PSP is a must buy, although it feels sad that the version is so stripped down.

At least according to GC reports the ad hoc multiplayer works really well.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Sorry - I was wrong. New info from Games Convention (where PES PSP is playable) states that data can only be copied from PS2->PSP, e.g. you can transfer your "option file" contents but can't continue master league or anything on the road :("

as long as that covers player / team names and custom strips etc, then that's at least something.

Not sync'ing up maybe because there are too many inherent differences between the games (?)

Can't wait - i hope they don't feck it up.

Socreges

Banned
dark10x said:
I would think that insulting games would be more acceptable than insulting people...but hey, that's just me. If you think otherwise, well, cheers to you!
Oh, WELL PLAYED, dark10x. :lol

Snowball

Banned
The game was presented at Game Convention.
It was possible to play it.
I cannot find any "First impression".
Could you help me?

Thanks.

Timbuktu

I wonder if it's as easy to foul on the PSP version as it is on the PS2 one, because it's starting to get on my nerves. The referee blows the whistle a tad to much. But really, if this doesn't shift PSPs, then nothing will, not even GTA. I hope they make it easy to start a quick match. Does anyone know what the loading is like?

Kojima

Snowball said:
The game was presented at Game Convention.
It was possible to play it.
I cannot find any "First impression".
Could you help me?

Thanks.

I played it on Wednesday. The PSP version has good graphics, all the content that the PS2 version has got, too and the Wi-Fi multiplayer works without bugs oder lags. The only thing I don't like is the handling. I've got here a one minute video of PES 5 for PSP, but I'm not able to upload it.

Hold on a second. From what I was told from Konami last week - they said you could transfer your master league stuff back and forth between your PS2 and PSP. I'm going to have to follow up with that on monday.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, I'm curious myself.

Oh, and Riot (writes for IGN, posts here sometimes) said the game plays very well. And he would know.

Hows the controls and button scheme? Dualshock is perfect for PES but how about PSP? This is the game I might buy PSP for when it launches here in EU.

dark10x said:
You suck and this forum is better off now that you're banned.

Socreges

Banned
The PS2 version will have too many advantages over the PSP version to skip out on it, but I may end up getting both considering how well it seems to have turned out. Even if there's no ML, hopefully there's some way to play PS2 ML games on the PSP.

Top Bottom