• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wired/wireless/Bluetooth Overear Heahphones recommendation

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Hi guys (and Gals)

I'm currently contemplating getting some new headphones and use my current for the gym or just as an extra set.

Budget should be below 100€ preferably 60/80€.

I know I know that's not much and you get what you pay for but then again I'm no audiophile and my current Sony WH - CH700N have served me well.

I would prefer ear caps to be a bit bigger so they fit more over my ears. Needs a wire. And decent battery. Noise canceling is not a pre but that's because it doesn't do much on my current one. Also not in the need for one with those microphone sticks Gamer TM.

Preferably Amazon or Bol.com

I've seen some options but I know there are a lot a knowledgeable folks here that could steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe..

Or

kiiltz

Presumably you want a wire so you can use it for PC/gaming as well?

If you’re not an audiophile then I would prob just keep your current set for home and buy some Skull Candy earphones for outdoors/gym. They’re decent for the price range and have a 8hr battery life. I don’t think you’ll find any decent noise cancellers for your price range but I haven’t bought any earphones/headphones lately and last time I went top of the range.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hi guys (and Gals)

I'm currently contemplating getting some new headphones and use my current for the gym or just as an extra set.

I know I know that's not much and you get what you pay for but then again I'm no audiophile and my current Sony WH - CH700N have served me well.

I would prefer ear caps to be a bit bigger so they fit more over my ears. Needs a wire. And decent battery. Noise canceling is not a pre but that's because it doesn't do much on my current one. Also not in the need for one with those microphone sticks Gamer TM.

I've seen some options but I know there are a lot a knowledgeable folks here that could steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe..

[/URL]

Or

[/URL]
I have a pair of JVC HARX700 which I love. They are big and are open cans not sure how much you need the isolation.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Thanks man will take a look. Appreciated!

Presumably you want a wire so you can use it for PC/gaming as well?

If you’re not an audiophile then I would prob just keep your current set for home and buy some Skull Candy earphones for outdoors/gym. They’re decent for the price range and have a 8hr battery life. I don’t think you’ll find any decent noise cancellers for your price range but I haven’t bought any earphones/headphones lately and last time I went top of the range.

Yup for my dualshock and Xbox controller.

I'll keep Skullcandy in mind. Last time that brand was all a out bright colours and graphics on them right? Just checked them out. All black. Nice.

I have a pair of JVC HARX700 which I love. They are big and are open cans not sure how much you need the isolation.

Thanks bud. But it needs to be closed. =)

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Anker Soundcore Life Q30 Wireless

54IecsM.jpg

Sound pretty good from that review. Under 75€ ...

Trunx81

I’m hijacking this thread a bit (sorry OP), but has anyone experience with Aftershockz? I seem to have gotten a contact allergy to headphones in the last couple of years. Can’t use my AirPod pro anymore as they lead to an infection (yes, I cleaned them regularly) and even big over ear headphones cause an inflammation of skin. Now I’m looking for an alternative and someone recommended me non-integrative headphones.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I hate buying stuff because of all the options. Refrigerator? 900000000 options. Headphones? Clothes? Kitchen appliances?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I’m hijacking this thread a bit (sorry OP), but has anyone experience with Aftershockz? I seem to have gotten a contact allergy to headphones in the last couple of years. Can’t use my AirPod pro anymore as they lead to an infection (yes, I cleaned them regularly) and even big over ear headphones cause an inflammation of skin. Now I’m looking for an alternative and someone recommended me non-integrative headphones.

No worries man. That sucks to hear.. Perhaps call a docter to hopefully find out what the culprit is... Sorry couldn't be any more help...

Trunx81

No worries man. That sucks to hear.. Perhaps call a docter to hopefully find out what the culprit is... Sorry couldn't be any more help...
It’s a contact allergy, got it for Nickel (no normal belts for me), so the culprit is known.

kiiltz

Thanks man will take a look. Appreciated!

Yup for my dualshock and Xbox controller.

I'll keep Skullcandy in mind. Last time that brand was all a out bright colours and graphics on them right? Just checked them out. All black. Nice.

Thanks bud. But it needs to be closed. =)
It doesn’t have to be Skull Candy, I just mentioned them because thats what I used when I was on a budget and they served me well for a while and had a 10hr battery life. This was like 6-7 years ago so I’m assuming the new tech is equal to if not better.

Also this advice just comes from a “if ain’t broke, don’t fix it” perspective. I also use different devices for different activities but you might find it more convenient to have just the one multi purpose set so if you find a headset you like then go for it.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah there's an updated model of my current one. Tempted to go for that one as well... thanks for your input

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Bumpybumpy

Hi guys (and Gals)

Thanks in advance.

Maybe..

Or

Anker Soundcore Life Q30 Wireless

54IecsM.jpg

Sound pretty good from that review. Under 75€ ...

Or these

Any better recs? 😊

Top Bottom