• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 is getting a boxed retail release on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S next week

Draugoth

Gold Member
witcher-next-gen-physucal-release.jpg

CD Projekt has announced release dates for the boxed edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.

The new-gen console versions of the game will hit store shelves in the United States, Europe and selected regions on January 26, before rolling out in other countries over the following weeks.

After several delays and a change of developer, Witcher 3’s next-gen update was released in December as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X/S and PS5, and as a free patch for players who owned the game on PC and last-gen consoles.

Filben

Have they improved the horrible frame pacing of RT mode on consoles/PS5?

I guess that means it'll be in the NeoGAF GOTY awards for 2023. :messenger_weary:
Shouldn't be allowed. It's a 2015 game. Period. This is a re-release of a 2015's game that got patched. It's not a Remake that adds and/or change significantly to the original game and experience.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I really want this, despite owning physical editions for both PS4 and Switch. Love this game so much.

Vick

Gold Member
Fuck yeah!

oh-yeah.gif

PS5 Performance was absolutely lovely, all 300 hours of it. And there's quite an awful lot of things I needed to have preserved and safe from potential patches. D1 baby.

Gambit2483

GTAV also got a PS5 physical release...yet somehow ATLUS can't be arsed to give us a physical edition of P4 Golden? 🤨

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Fuck yeah!

oh-yeah.gif

PS5 Performance was absolutely lovely, all 300 hours of it. And there's quite an awful lot of things I needed to have preserved and safe from potential patches. D1 baby.

You played 300 hours of Witcher 3 in just over a month?

Have they improved the horrible frame pacing of RT mode on consoles/PS5?

Shouldn't be allowed. It's a 2015 game. Period. This is a re-release of a 2015's game that got patched. It's not a Remake that adds and/or change significantly to the original game and experience.
Who gives af. It’s the goddam WITCHER 3.

sachos

Nice! Always good to see these kind of editions get physical releases. Too bad the box art is so lame, and that Netflix logo

Moses85

giphy.gif

Almost costed me my relationship and got away with it because our daughter will born around April so I said that was my last ever chance to be a free child ever again in my life.

Worth it.
Wow, you lost your Balls Bro.

What comes next? I have 3 children.. 0, 4 and 8 years old and playing games 4 days a week.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
that boxart is awful.

ITEMS INSPIRED BY THE NETFLIX SERIES
NETFLIX

Love reading the word NETFLIX twice in a row. It’s a shame because their is some amazing art associated with this game that they could’ve used.

095555A9D49372CBA053C7E476A4D78F3315408D

Top Bottom