• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With MW3 on the horizon, what platform are you buying on?

Where are ya buyin’?

• PC

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • PS5

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • Series X

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Series S

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox One X

• PS4

• Xbox One S

• No purchase planned

Votes: 80 63.0%

• Total voters

MikeM

Curious to know where people who plan to buy the next COD will buy on?

I’m debating PS5 over my PC this time to avoid hackers and also ensure safe long term game usage given older CODs are a significant risk to your PC (I still play old CODs).

I will probably end up going PC this time versus PS5 but I’m undecided.

If it's gonna be free on GP soon, I'll prob just wait. Lots of other stuff like Starfield, Spidey2 & Star Ocean2 to keep me busy
I can’t imagine it getting anywhere near game pass while Sony has marketing rights which I believe lasts through 2024 so I HIGHLY doubt it.

twilo99

If the CMA wasn’t so protective of me I wouldn’t have to buy it at all and just play it with my gamepass subscription. I’m really grateful they are looking out for me tho.

DonJorginho

Banned
Was gonna say Xbox Series X due to my gamepass running till 2025 but I can't see this dropping anytime soon so PS5 for this one and hopefully Xbox from COD 2024 onwards.

Mr.ODST

Series X this year, with the ABK deal looming I can only see some good stuff for Xbox players plus I can play all the COD's on Xbox now multiplayer

Hudo

I genuinely wish everyone who likes Modern Warfare as a setting and the Modern Warfare games a good and fun time. It's just that to me, Modern Warfare is the most boring shit ever conceived as a setting.

//DEVIL//

I know this will sound stupid, but if it MS buys Activision and the game comes to the Windows store, i will buy it there so I can play it on Xbox as well (just like any MS first-party game).

otherwise just steam.

ByWatterson

After getting the platinum in MW1, Cold War, and Vanguard, I'm pretty burned out on COD. No purchase planned.

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
What year is this Rovin Williams gif

Last CoD I played was World at War. Surprised (well kinda not...lol) ppl still play this and it hasn't ran it's course....even with the popamolers.

HTK

Banned
PC because I play CoDs religiously and I need graphics, resolution, and high frame rates.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'm skipping it. Maybe I'm gonna pick it up one day when it's on deep sale to play the campaign but otherwise I see no point in buying this game at all. I only play deathmatch modes in multiplayer from time to time so if I'll ever get that itch I can just scratch it with Call of Duty 20: Modern Warfare II.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Bought cod like hell since 2016, been skipping them since mw2 2022 the difference between releases just isn’t there $70+ comes out of your wallet every year for a game you possibly bought the year before. It is possible I buy another call of duty if they go back to the original concept.

HTK

Banned
Is this a thread about those who are buying and what platform ooorrrrr waaahhh waaahhh I no buy CoD <insert>Activision hurt me</insert>?

TrueGrime

What we see: Majority of people aren't buying as per poll.
Reality: Top 10 in NPD every month until CoD 2024.

I'll buy it just for the campaign and it's hard even making that decision.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Me buying COD?
kitty-forman-debra-jo-rupp.gif

TrueGrime

Neogaf is not representative of the world out there. Game will always sell like crazy.

Even If the sales are worse Craptivision gets more money out of dlc and microtransactions.

Kind of makes you wonder how much of Activision's 4-8 billion in annual revenue is attributed to CoD. They are a publishing cash cow.

Isa

So is this still going to carry over everything from MW2 as rumored? Also, will it include all the current maps in MW2? And finally the most important for me, will I still have the 3rd person mp? If not then no I won't buy it.

Top Bottom