• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 04•21-23•17 - F8 leads the box office, and drags those who resist

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDrake

Yup, we are in April. The box office will only get big again when GotG2 opens in 2 weeks. International markets get it this coming weekend.

Yup. Been saying it for a bit in these threads, but the Fast series is everything Bay has been trying (and failing) to achieve for the last 20 years.

Well, Bay likes unlikable douchebags characters (IMO) as leads in those flicks. Shia was awful and although I haven't seen the last Wahlberg one (or this upcoming one) he looks kinda douchey too.

The leads in the FF movies are fun to watch.

Ridley327

Well, Bay likes unlikable douchebags characters (IMO) as leads in those flicks. Shia was awful and although I haven't seen the last Wahlberg one (or this upcoming one) he looks kinda douchey too.

The leads in the FF movies are fun to watch.

In the last film, Mark Wahlberg's character makes it a point to taunt a human villain that he's not going to be able to see his family again before blasting him out of a window. Everyone is a full-blown sociopath in that film.

Ridley327

Those two clips from you and Bron Bron cement any chance of me seeing this film...into the the NOPE column.

These are probably the most watchable scenes in the film, too. The last half hour or so is so polluted with visual garbage being strewn about that it causes genuine eye strain. One gets the distinct sensation that Bay hated making this film and took it out on his audience.

These are probably the most watchable scenes in the film, too. The last half hour or so is so polluted with visual garbage being strewn about that it causes genuine eye strain. One gets the distinct sensation that Bay hated making this film and took it out on his audience.

Your clip is like Bay trying to get the tension that we had in the scene in Logan where they come for the little girl...only Bay made it hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Prompto

Banned
Transformers 4 is terrible even by Transformers standards. Worst film in the series by far. It made a sword wielding Optimus Prime riding a robot Dinosaur somehow be boring as hell.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember thinking the third act in Dark of the Moon was pretty great.

G O
W A T C H
C O L O S S A L

Just got back from it. It was good! Not what I was expecting at all, but good!

Damn shame Free Fire isn't doing much better considering how great of an action movie it is and the excellent cast. If you haven't seen it, do so.

giphy.gif

Glad to hear this is good too - gonna go see it this week sometime.

Ok now HANG ON that requires this context

Also he blasts him with a football first so, you know, pragmatism!

Man that scene is an absolute mess of aspect ratios. Why does a shot of a football on a shelf need to be in IMAX?

Your clip is like Bay trying to get the tension that we had in the scene in Logan where they come for the little girl...only Bay made it hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

And just like in Logan, the heroic figure absolutely decimates the humans coming after him.

giphy-1.gif

Timbuktu

China seems to like action above all else. XXX and Resident Evil Final Chapter made a lot of bank over there too, despite weak domestic totals.

Everyone likes action, not just China. And with foreign language movies, action has an obvious advantage over ones relying on dialogue. Zootopia also did really well there, more so than Kungfu Panda even. It's not a particular strange audience. F8 probably got a lot of screens. Also, comic book movies and franchises like Star Wars rely a bit on nostalgia and embedded knowledge that isn't embedded in China. F8 doesn't have that, it's all in the movies from the last decade or so.

No clue think Tyrese trolling, but that's legit on his twitter and instagram feed

I'd be surprised if it's real (not that he posted it, but that the image is accurate, real, and official) given how recently the writer suggested that even he didn't know whether he'd be able to bring Han back or if he'd want to go that route.

I imagine any poster released this early wouldn't have such firm casting announced either. It would probably just be a teaser image.

Tyrese knows photoshop

I believe it.

Tyrese spent months posting photoshops of himself as Green Lantern to will it into happening. Now he's onto this mess. The Secret doesn't work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom