• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 04•21-23•17 - F8 leads the box office, and drags those who resist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh box office weekend is meh. The Promise looks to be a big bomb, thankfully for Open Range they won't lose anything since they just distributed it though.

Dude was straight up getting his Sean Young as Catwoman on.

DC turns actors into stalkers.

YES!!! Hell of reference...but not that far off

The difference is that Selina Kyle is an interesting character, unlike John Stewart.

Tyrese just houngry for a franchise of his own.

298991714e78ef6e6dd6dcde3dfee04d_tyrese-gibson-gifs-wifflegif-tyrese-we-hungry-meme_393-159.gif

I saw Colossal last night because of this thread...as per usual, GAF overhyped something that was extremely mediocre. Wait for it to come out on stream, y'all.

It wasn't bad, it wasn't good, it was just weird and kind of interesting.

Nibel

I saw Colossal last night because of this thread...as per usual, GAF overhyped something that was extremely mediocre. Wait for it to come out on stream, y'all.

lmao

Trust BronsonLee in 2k17 brehs

Me to Anne Hathaway: CUT THE CHECK

I mean it's an indy movie about a Hot Mess stumbling around drunk and lampooning kaiju movies a bit

BronsonLee review strikes again.

lmao

Trust BronsonLee in 2k17 brehs

I am GAF's pre-eminent movie reviewer, hold back goons

Bronson also loved XXX.

Ok loved is a strong word :p

kswiston

This

Any word on Free Fire? Wanna see it at some point this week.

Free Fire was OK. Armie Hammer and Sharlto Copley were good in it. Brie Larson and Cillian Murphy were playing straight guys to some more over-the-top personalities, so they weren't given a ton to do in a film that is basically 20-30 minutes of set up for an hour long fire fight. I think the film would have been a lot better if it was directed by someone with a better feel for action shots.

kswiston

There's some talk that Alien Covenant might not be coming to China afterall. I guess it has failed to pass censorship 3 times now. I am curious why.

kurahador

There's some talk that Alien Covenant might not be coming to China afterall. I guess it has failes to pass censorship 3 times now. I am curious why.

I'm surprised the movie doesn't even have a chinese cast considering the amount of characters in it.

jett

D-Member
Compared to where she was a decade ago, she's barely getting work. A few short lived shows and low budget movies in recent years.

This is some hyper-extended blacklist she's in. She must've been an even worse person to deal with than what was actually made public.

One of the things I remember reading was when both Covenant and Logan had sizzle reels shown at that exhibitor's conference that happens every year.

Apparently what Ridley put together considerably overshadowed what Mangold did on Logan in terms of violence. So that should give you an idea as to the amount of blood & guts we're dealing with.

The trailer shows the beginnings of a backbursting, which I'm sure is going to be all sorts of fucked-up by itself.

Wasn't there a report about a month or so ago mentioning that they're routinely ordering 40 gallon drums of fake blood? The film's definitely going to be a gore fest...

Which is something I don't really know what to make of. Lots of "extreme gore" ranks pretty fucking low on the list of things I want in an Alien movie, and I hope it doesn't end up being a crutch.

Maybe he'll just play over the top sound effects while a 2pac mashup plays in the background of all the gore being splattered onto the walls. Then people will just laugh.

Branduil

I feel like monster movies would do better if you all stopped using the word "kaiju".

Please stop saying kaiju.
What if we say 怪獣 instead.
It is supposed to be pretty fucking gross. Easily the most violent thing Ridley's ever made, apparently.
I guess he took to heart that the c-section alien birth in Prometheus was one of the few scenes in that movie to have a lasting impact.

Wasn't there a report about a month or so ago mentioning that they're routinely ordering 40 gallon drums of fake blood? The film's definitely going to be a gore fest...

Which is something I don't really know what to make of. Lots of "extreme gore" ranks pretty fucking low on the list of things I want in an Alien movie, and I hope it doesn't end up being a crutch.

Alien 3 was the first film in the franchise to really begin to rack up the gore.

That should tell you something...

Kusagari

I don't mind gore galore but it definitely worries me that the focus on gore will end up being a detriment to the movie as a whole.

Free Fire was good fun, i enjoyed it, goddamn does that movie have some of the best gun sound fx ive ever heard though. gonna check out Colossal real soon.

Also of note; I have passes to a Baby Driver screening on thursday, only about 45 mins away, seriously considering going to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom