• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wo Long Demo Live Now (Xbox & Playstation)

anthony2690

Banned
Cool. Quiet early for demo ??

Must be confident in quality.

Will download today itself.
Have they announced a release date yet? Other than early 2023?

Maybe it's really far along and they just want to avoid all the other holiday games, releasing earlier on the year as done quite for other titles recently :)

I really hope this game is great, as it looks excellent :)

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Day one on game pass

No xbox one love so have to use pc

Have they announced a release date yet? Other than early 2023?

Maybe it's really far along and they just want to avoid all the other holiday games, releasing earlier on the year as done quite for other titles recently :)

I really hope this game is great, as it looks excellent :)

Still early 2023.

They did the same with Nioh games so I'm not surprised with the demo.

anthony2690

Banned
Controls are a lot different to what I expected, I really like them :)

A - jump
X - normal attack
Y - heavy attack
B - dodge/deflect
lb - block
RB+b or y - mystical skill attacks
RT+ a/b/x/y - different spells

I was kinda expecting the dark souls control scheme like the FF origins game used (I have never played Ni oh, so this just could be similar controls to ni oh for all I know)

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
ok, i played for like 1-2 hour.

gameplay feels kinda clunky compared to souls game especially when you are near edges, theres one time my character "stuck" in mid air near the edges.
healing mechanic a bit clunky as well, sometimes i feel like it does not response when I press up on dualsense,
Other than that, so far im having fun, weapons skills are nice, controls a bit complicated imo.

Game runs great, no crash or whatsoever, but i think there is some slight FPS decrease in certain areas.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Did the tutorial, initial thoughts are that it seems very Dark Souls, but much prettier. Seems like there's room for a fair amount to be going on with the various attacks and defence options, probably a bit of a learning curve.

Certainly interested, with (I assume) 6 months to go before launch, I'd say this seems to be in good shape. Will go back for more later!

Controls are a lot different to what I expected, I really like them :)

A - jump
X - normal attack
Y - heavy attack
B - dodge/deflect
lb - block
RB+b or y - mystical skill attacks
RT+ a/b/x/y - different spells

I was kinda expecting the dark souls control scheme like the FF origins game used (I have never played Ni oh, so this just could be similar controls to ni oh for all I know)
I played nioh 2 right before elden ring. It controls sooooo much better its not even funny.

Glad to hear this controls well!

CAPSOL

ok, i played for like 1-2 hour.

gameplay feels kinda clunky compared to souls game especially when you are near edges, theres one time my character "stuck" in mid air near the edges.
healing mechanic a bit clunky as well, sometimes i feel like it does not response when I press up on dualsense,
Other than that, so far im having fun, weapons skills are nice, controls a bit complicated imo.

Game runs great, no crash or whatsoever, but i think there is some slight FPS decrease in certain areas.
What are your thoughts on Nioh combat and how it compares to this game? I personally thought Nioh's combat was tight.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
What are your thoughts on Nioh combat and how it compares to this game? I personally thought Nioh's combat was tight.
tbh, i did not complete nioh, i think i need to get back to that game, got distracted by another game last time.
But yea now I think about it, the gameplay is quite similar to nioh, i think i got used to souls controls and gameplay. Just need sometime to adjust i guess.

Bartski

Gold Member
WOW nice! I'm on vacation till the end of next week so hope it's there to stay! Will be checking the thread for impressions, last gameplay clips on gamespot looked awesome!

EDIT:
Available Now Until 25 September
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Last edited:

GymWolf

Did the tutorial, initial thoughts are that it seems very Dark Souls, but much prettier. Seems like there's room for a fair amount to be going on with the various attacks and defence options, probably a bit of a learning curve.

Certainly interested, with (I assume) 6 months to go before launch, I'd say this seems to be in good shape. Will go back for more later!
Does it feel like nioh?

YukiOnna

Sucks they won't release one on Steam so I'll have to wait it out till launch.
another (maybe even the original) Souls clone ...
Nioh series combat is more like Ninja Gaiden in a death game genre. The only thing it shares between Souls is the joy of dying repeatedly and coming back stronger.

Reactions: Isa

GymWolf

what is it with the Soulsclone nonsense.....Have people already forgotten the Ninja Gaiden games?
I have to be completely honest, maybe it's because the last ng i played was like 15 years ago, but nioh always felt more close to souls formula than ng formula, just the stamina system is a BIG change.

Top Bottom