• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty ‘Action’ trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member
Publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Team NINJA have released a new trailer for action game Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, dubbed the “Action” trailer.

Here is an overview of the game, via Koei Tecmo:

About
From Masaaki Yamagiwa, the producer of Bloodborne, and Fumihiko Yasuda, the producer of Nioh, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty follows the dramatic, action-packed story of a nameless militia soldier fighting for survival in a dark fantasy version of the Later Han Dynasty where demons plague the Three Kingdoms. Players fight off deadly creatures and enemy soldiers using swordplay based on the Chinese martial arts, attempting to overcome the odds by awakening the true power from within.
Key Features
  • Demons in the Kingdom – A dark fantasy set during the chaotic Three Kingdoms period, the narrative vividly tells the tale of a militia soldier’s strenuous fight for survival during a Later Han Dynasty infested with demons. It’s madness in the Three Kingdoms like never before!
  • Awaken the Power – Defeat deadly enemies to boost morale and awaken the power from within! Overcome adversity through unique new strategies, including battle styles based on the “Five Phases.”
  • Live by the Sword – Renowned for ruthless strikes that can change the tide of battle in an instant, sword practitioners of the Chinese martial arts gracefully change pace as they shift between offensive and defensive maneuvers. Overwhelm opponents with a flurry of force in a series of intense and bloody battles while learning the precision and skill necessary to become a true master of the sword.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Microsoft Store on March 3, 2023 worldwide. It will also be available via Xbox Game Pass.

Jennings

This game wasn't really on my radar till this trailer. I'm happy it will be on a console I own. I may just play it. I hope it's a good game. I'd like to see the UI.

Last edited:
Still cautiously optimistic… I’m expecting a 75 kind of game so anything above that will be a win to me. A good action packed 8-12 hour story with solid performance and great bosses is all I need. Now that it’s gamepass I will 100% give it a try. Good get.

Thought this was black myth Wukong

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Because the characters portraits are legit the same from the Dynasty Warriors franchise? The Fallen Dynasty connection came after.

It's a spin-off basically, that uses assets from the main franchise.
lol, no bruv; it's just chinese history, adapted into romance of the three kingdoms, which is what dynasty warriors (and countless other kinds of media) have adapted.
In fact here's a neat little list of adaptations.

Wo long has nothing to do with dynasty warriors, it's just one of the countless ROTTK adaptations.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I respect the developers, Nioh was great(I played Ninja Gaiden very little, but it is clear that it is one of the pioneers of the genre), but I'm afraid their next game will be about mechas.

//DEVIL//

Trailer looked nice. but what was released before was a PS3-level graphics. but this looks really decent. will try this on the game pass for sure for 20 minutes before I put it down like the rest of the games I play these days.

Ozriel

M$FT
demo is meh for me, feels very clunky compared to ER

Why are you speaking in the present tense?

Also, they released a long list of changes they made after the demo feedback, and more recent impressions are that it’s made substantial improvements

Trailer looked nice. but what was released before was a PS3-level graphics. but this looks really decent. will try this on the game pass for sure for 20 minutes before I put it down like the rest of the games I play these days.
I think you’re forgetting. What PS3 era graphics look like!

Top Bottom