• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Bombed With Negative Reviews On Steam

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Because it’s not the way YOU play? Get off your high horse and understand the game should work flawlessly from a controls standpoint as a fundamental standard as that is the first point of interaction with any game. If I don’t own a controller, it shouldn’t add to the cost of admission to simply enjoy a game on PC. If millions of other games can get it right, there is absolutely no reason this game should get a pass. Lastly, if you don’t understand what I’m saying, your opinion is absolute trash.

Lol, wake up angry did we? Have you seen how many upvotes that post received?
You don't own a controller? So wait, you can afford a pc and the game but can't buy a used $20 controller? And have zero game consoles in the house from the past 10 years that have controlers that easily hook up with a usb cable?

Just because YOU think it's ok to play the game that way doesn't mean it's ideal.
I'm not going to say your opinion is trash even if it's wrong. I'm not on a horse at all, I actually don't care how you play it, optimized or all weird, but take deep breath.......it's a game.

I wouldn't play this game with a keyboard and mouse any more than I would a driving game.

Banned
Developers are also leaning on dlss and fsr and dont spend time doing any optimization and the results are bad ports

that literally never happened. not once.
also DLSS is usually the better option anyways, especially if the alternative is UE4 and its awful TAA

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
120fps should be good enough. not as good as fully unlocked but come on...
It caps to whatever refresh rate your screen have. It's like devs don't know you can still benefit from higher frame rates that your screen have.

Last edited:

Banned
It caps to whatever refresh rate your screen have. It's like devs don't know you can still benefit from higher frame rates that your screen have.

in the windows store version you have a choice between 30, 60, 120. my refresh is 144, so that's certainly not how it works on my end.

edit: besides that like I said in other posts before, their camera system isn't working properly at anything that isn't a locked 60fps or maybe a 100% locked 120fps (haven't tried locking to 120)
that's an issue on their console versions too. it's something with their camera that just doesn't like anything that's not 60 ticks a second

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Just played an hour so off gamepass and it’s smooth as fuck 4k/120. Night and day difference from the demo.

6a0120a85dcdae970b0128776ff992970c-pi.png

ClosBSAS

Game peaked at 75k and that's not a bad number, but today peaked at 70k and that took all day to reach that. Some refunds were given out for sure. Sucks. Final game runs pretty good, buttery smooth but it's koei Tecmo we talking about here so not surprised . Shit wasn't even gonna release on PC day one if it weren't for gamepass.

Lol, wake up angry did we? Have you seen how many upvotes that post received?
You don't own a controller? So wait, you can afford a pc and the game but can't buy a used $20 controller? And have zero game consoles in the house from the past 10 years that have controlers that easily hook up with a usb cable?

Just because YOU think it's ok to play the game that way doesn't mean it's ideal.
I'm not going to say your opinion is trash even if it's wrong. I'm not on a horse at all, I actually don't care how you play it, optimized or all weird, but take deep breath.......it's a game.

I wouldn't play this game with a keyboard and mouse any more than I would a driving game.
Simply put, don’t put out a game for a platform you can’t fully support using its native control scheme.

Warablo

Not exactly, I got a 144 hz but can only lock at 120.

I see a lot of feedback is the shitty controls for MnK which is a valid complaint, but at least the controller controls are okay.

Matt Frost

Besides the stutters the game isnt that good anyways, i hoped for Elden Ring and got a worse kind of Nioh. At least i got It on GP for 1 euro

mxbison

People complain about ultra inflated media scores and then put any negative player rating off as 'review bombing'...

A lot of people like playing these games with mouse and keyboard. They should leave another screen in there that says this is best played with a controller.

Once I noticed that the playstation buttons were displayed despite having a xbox controller plugged in I noped out of there, deleted it and downloaded the PS5 version.

Theres a game setting where you select which controller you are playing with, a PS controller or Xbox controller.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So it's not that bad after all? Might check it on my 3070 later today.

EDIT: Tried it. Runs fine maxed out at 1440p, but some small stuttering is still noticeable, although it's nothing too distracting. Still will hold on this one until they fix it.

All the shader compilation stutter has to be the devs fault
Yes it is the dev's fault. Check out competently made games like Hi-Fi Rush, Atomic Heart or Like A Dragon: Ishin (after the patch), they use DX12 and run flawlesly.

Last edited:

Thebonehead

Banned
Let me preface this with I am a PC Gamer, but i am not a pcmasterrace snob.
Its always funny to me to see PC games launch because 99% of the time they launch like shit and it humbles those babies who always talk shit about consoles

You're not doing PC right then

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Its always funny to me to see PC games launch because 99% of the time they launch like shit and it humbles those babies who always talk shit about consoles
are those pcmaster snobs in the room with us right now?

I swear, the only ones mentioning that dumb thing about "master race" is the people that for some reason seem angry about people who play on PCs. Why, I'll never know.

dorkimoe

are those pcmaster snobs in the room with us right now?

I swear, the only ones mentioning that dumb thing about "master race" is the people that for some reason seem angry about people who play on PCs. Why, I'll never know.
Yes you’re right caught me

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
The difference is that devs almost always fixes the shits (that are 100% devs's fault), while on console some shits (that are not always devs's fault) are never fixed.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
you can change your control overlay in the options

it does support it, it simply has an issue where the mouse doesn't respond correctly, which is getting patched

from my tests there are no performance issues, and I have a midrange PC running close to max settings
I've seen the game running on a 6700xt at 2K and around 45 fps, I don't if that was legit but I consider that unoptimized, specially for how it looks

Banned
I've seen the game running on a 6700xt at 2K and around 45 fps, I don't if that was legit but I consider that unoptimized, specially for how it looks

it's 60fps on console, so you gotta look at that for reference I feel.

and yes it doesn't look good in comparison to how it performs, but that's not really anything that's an issue with the PC port.

the game runs on my system similarly to how it runs on Series X, and that's how my PC usually perfoms.
my PC with a 3060ti is basically slightly worse than the consoles in pure rasterized games and better than them as soon as RT is used.

and as long as a PC version is more or less in line on my PC compared to Series X I see that as a decent PC port.

Top Bottom