• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty | Review Thread

GHG

Gold Member
Bought a month of gamepass for 3 bucks, switched to NZ time and played a few hours.

Story and levels/atmosphere are as forgettable as it gets and the graphics aren't far from a late ps3 game but the combat is really fun despite being comparatively easy.

Do not buy this at full price! But if you have gp and don't absolutely hate this type of game: try it.

Nah I'm good thanks, I'll buy it when I'm finished up with a few other games. If it's still full price then I'll happily pay it, this is my kind of game.

Arsic

Gold Member
Tried out a hour so far, most spent on character creator lol.

Combat is immediately far more satisfying than Nioh 1 & 2. Definitely going to keep playing. I hit everything to max visually on my 3080, and i wasn't noticing any stutters or performance issues. Game looks great to me in 4K.

Gamepass region swap is the best thing ever since I wouldn't have got time to play this tomorrow.

ClosBSAS

Any PC folks! How's the performance on your Rigs?
final game at least for me, night and day difference from demo. silky smooth. just like butter. the only issue i have is the alt tabbing, its broken as fuck. once u alt tab you better pray its not bricking your PC i have to wait till it settles with like 20 screen flashes or just restart pc.

gamepass version btw. but 120 fps sikly smooth no stutters.

Rea

final game at least for me, night and day difference from demo. silky smooth. just like butter. the only issue i have is the alt tabbing, its broken as fuck. once u alt tab you better pray its not bricking your PC i have to wait till it settles with like 20 screen flashes or just restart pc.

Time to activate my $1 a month gamepass. :lollipop_beaming_smiling: :goog_lol:

begotten

From what I've played it's just a slower and more forgettable Nioh x Sekiro wannabe.

I REALLY wish Team Ninja would evolve past the boring and identical Asian aesthetics and settings. Have no interest in Rise of the Ronin for the same reason almost.

Does Team Ninja actually have an imagination outside of this shit.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

You have an AMD or an Nvidia card? Steam reviews saying it's way better on AMD cards.

Ferdimage

Game running pretty smooth for me 3700x and rtx3080 ,all settings on high except volumetric clouds.
Fps sits around 90-75, just had to use Reshade to tweak the colour vibrance down.

Reactions: Rea

yamaci17

Any PC folks! How's the performance on your Rigs?
its fine on my crap ryzen 2700 and 16 gb rig. locked 60 at "standard" settings

couldnt care about anything else
the game is fun and counter mechanic is cool

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rea

Arsic

Gold Member
I've beat every single boss first try except. I swear in Nioh 1 & 2 even regular enemies beat my cheeks constantly.

Either I've gotten a firm grasp of this game's mechanics quickly, or it's a much easier game than any other Team Ninja product...

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It feels like a ps4 looking sekiro game but it feels great to play. I can only comment on the first 2 to 3 hours but I am very much enjoying it.

Wo Long may have the Metacritic Long Dong but I need a change.

I don’t mind the difficulty, I’ll probably go retro for a while but how many Souls like games does one need? Granted, different fighting styles and mechanics but whoa.

They’re amazing but I’d love a different type of difficult action game.

I’m about to go buy Wanted Dead at full price.

QMjW6O9.gif

Played up until just before the 11th boss and im going to bed for a long time now, I been on this shxt all day.

Games really dope, the more you learn the combat the better everything in motion looks...can get real stylish once you get that parry down.

ClosBSAS

Sucks that the PC port is still busted. But at least it seems stable on other platforms.
It's not in terms of performance. It does have some weird ass bugs like alt tabbing which breaks your game completely and fps tanking on high volumetric. But If you don't alt tab and put volumetric to low, it's silky smooth

Hot5pur

PC "Critics" 90 amazing game, has "some" issues but perfect otherwise.
Actual fucking people playing the game:

nkePaYP.png

When will you all stop hyping these fucking garbage sites?

Must have all used controllers. Seems to run well if you pick the "right" settings to turn down and have decent GPU. So once you know these things you can get the console experience, but for sure a slap in the face of PC gamers, half assed port.

Ywap

The game is starting off really great! I had som initial stutters on pc but after playing for a while it's been butter smooth. Awesome gameplay as expected from Team Ninja 🥳

winjer

Gold Member
Tried the gamepass version. 1440p 120 fps. Everything max out, except volumetric clouds and fog.
Motion blur, dof, fim grain off.
Game is running much better than the first demo I tried on Steam. Almost a constant lock to 120. Few stutters.

Ywap

They should have had a Mortal Combat voice for "Crushing Defeat" 😆

Not that i have died yet, but it would be satisfying for those who do 🤭

Spyxos

Gold Member
It seems to be significantly harder than the demo? In the demo I defeated the first boss after 2 times. Now I'm kind of stuck on that one. But I have to say, somehow I want to fight my way through tough games when they are from Fromsoftware. The clones have never kept me long.

It seems to be significantly harder than the demo? In the demo I defeated the first boss after 2 times. Now I'm kind of stuck on that one. But I have to say, somehow I want to fight my way through tough games when they are from Fromsoftware. The clones have never kept me long.
I think it’s cos you trust Fromsoft enough to know that ultimately the boss will be fair, you just have to get better.

Other developers… not so much.

draliko

Actually I found it easier, probably because I got used to the demo timings... Struggled a lot on the demo, here I killed it 2nd try. Anyway keep up man👍

Luipadre

whoever said the game is the easiest "souls like" game must be playing with 1 or 2 NPC followers all the time. It can be pretty challenging solo

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I hate how Gamepass is changing the mindset of many gamers out there now. One wonders how much MS paid this team to have it on Gamepass for "free". A game like this needs to continue being funded. And I'm not sure the Gamepass dollars upfront will be enough for them.

Good thing that there's multiple other venues the game is available on aside from game pass then. (y)

I hate how Gamepass is changing the mindset of many gamers out there now. One wonders how much MS paid this team to have it on Gamepass for "free". A game like this needs to continue being funded. And I'm not sure the Gamepass dollars upfront will be enough for them.
Man, these developers own all of you by making you work over time to pay for these games at full price.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I fired it up on Gamepass earlier. Then the full weight of the guilt I felt hit me, and I just hated myself for the rest of the day.

davidcross-tobias.gif

k_trout

had to switch off AO to stop a weird intermitent screen flash and theres something wrong with the frame times, or the game doesnt like gsync,
panning the camera is rough feeling even with decent framerates
other than that its fun

Top Bottom