• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

DavidGzz

I bought Nioh 2 on Steam because of this announcement. Fun as hell so far but I do miss a jump button(spoiled by ER) which would make the combat even better imo. I hope this one has one.

Sweet, confirmed in the video above!

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I bought Nioh 2 on Steam because of this announcement. Fun as hell so far but I do miss a jump button(spoiled by ER) which would make the combat even better imo. I hope this one has one.
This has one, they mention it.

“We do have more freedom in our stage design though. Since the player character can now jump, there’s a lot more room for verticality and exploration in general. That being said, at its core Wo Long is a linear structured game just as Nioh was. With Soulslike games becoming more and more popular, this kind of design gives Team NINJA an opportunity to display what we do best,” said Yasuda.

Banned
This is the type of game that makes no sense to go exclusive

it isn't exclusive but it would make sense... what doesn't make sense is that Ni-Oh was PlayStation exclusive.

Team Ninja had history on Xbox with Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden 2, Dead or Alive 3, DoA Ultimate, DoA Extreme, DoA 4 and DoA Extreme 2 all being Xbox exclusive games. (the Ninja Gaiden titles eventually getting rereleases, very controversial ones, on PlayStation of course)

they had way nore Xbox exclusive games in their library than any other system... so it would make more sense than Ni-Oh being PS4/5 exclusive, but here we are lol

Last edited:

Banned
So...
The Japanese use "Wo Long"(which is the Chinese pronunciation) as a title while Chinese use "Genshin"(which is the Japanese pronunciation) to name a game...
Is that a JOKE?
It makes no sense.
_____

BTW, TN can never fail you.

I guess that makes it sound more exotic in both countries than it would if they just used a name in the native language

KingT731

They need to change the name in the West. It sounds like a cheap Dynasty game.
It's set in the Three Kingdoms era so...yeah...
it isn't exclusive but it would make sense... what doesn't make sense is that Ni-Oh was PlayStation exclusive.

Team Ninja had history on Xbox with Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden 2, Dead or Alive 3, DoA Ultimate, DoA Extreme, DoA 4 and DoA Extreme 2 all being Xbox exclusive games. (the Ninja Gaiden titles eventually getting rereleases, very controversial ones, on PlayStation of course)

they had way nore Xbox exclusive games in their library than any other system... so it would make more sense than Ni-Oh being PS4/5 exclusive, but here we are lol
A lot was due to Itagaki having a "hate boner" against Sony for pushing Tekken during the early days of the PS2.

Petopia

Banned

Ain't nioh on PC?

Banned
Not an exclusive yes?

Do I have to explain again that third party games are never exclusive but are always timed exclusive?

I really should make a thread, because people really don't get that into their heads.

so once again, like every third party game NiOh was indeed a timed exclusive and not a full exclusive because it is not made or financed by Sony

Petopia

Banned
Do I have to explain again that third party games are never exclusive but are always timed exclusive?

I really should make a thread, because people really don't get that into their heads.

so once again, like every third party game NiOh was indeed a timed exclusive and not a full exclusive because it is not made or financed by Sony
Good

Top Bottom