• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is on Steam after 19 years.

Dream-Knife

Banned

This was my first online FPS, really great memories of it. Played it a little bit last year after seeing the devs still livestreaming it. Plan on playing this more in the coming week.

For those unaware, this was originally going to be an expansion to RTCW which was canceled and released as a free game back when a free game was actually free.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I remember being blown away from especially his real the flame thrower looked at the time.

The f2p online version just never felt as polished as the full game for some reason to me.

Naked Lunch

I loved this and Quake Wars.
Crazy next to no multiplayer games that followed tried to build on the objective based gameplay here.
Stuff like Overwatch is just braindead, follow a payload only.

For as much as people say games are "dated" - there are plenty of examples of games getting far LESS complicated and dumbed down (multiplayer especially) - but thats a whole other topic.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
I loved this and Quake Wars.
Crazy next to no multiplayer games that followed tried to build on the objective based gameplay here.
Stuff like Overwatch is just braindead, follow a payload only.

For as much as people say games are "dated" - there are plenty of examples of games getting far LESS complicated and dumbed down (multiplayer especially) - but thats a whole other topic.
Insurgency is objective based with different classes. You don't build things however.

Top Bottom