• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood Review Thread

Ixiah

Banned
I just saw Jim Sterling's review and couldn't believe when he praised the main characters so much saying they are a delight, endearing and his favorite protagonist in YEARS.

I had no idea his taste was so shit.
Well...yeah, theres a great Legacy behind this Game, i mean you play as Beavis and Buttheads Daughters.....
And of course Jim likes the Game, it has female Protagonists and as a SJW, what is he supposed to do ?
Judge a Game regardless of the MC´s Gender, like he actually believes in Equality ?
Fuck that, Wahmen = Good.
Simple words for a Simple Man.

It saddens me what has become of Macinegames. They're comprised of former developers from Starbreeze studios whom all worked on The Darkness which is an underrated game with great narration and worldbuilding. I have yet to play The new order, but it looks like it tried to follow the same approach they had on the Darkness.

This, however, looks like a completely travesty compared to the devs' previous track record.

HotPocket69

Banned
It saddens me what has become of Macinegames. They're comprised of former developers from Starbreeze studios whom all worked on The Darkness which is an underrated game with great narration and worldbuilding. I have yet to play The new order, but it looks like it tried to follow the same approach they had on the Darkness.

This, however, looks like a completely travesty compared to the devs' previous track record.

You never played Riddick? That’s Starbreeze’s best work.

After reading and watching bunch of review for this game, I want to ask why these girl is written as two gross guys? Is that their idea of “strong female lead”?

This mostly my personal opinion but one thing I didn't like about Aloy in Horizon is she basically acts like a guy and you can just replace her with male lead and it wouldn't change nothing about the story or the personality. Since when being feminine became "bad" character traits for female characters?

It's an irony of feminism that it has nothing but contempt for feminine traits and behaviours.

Like all modern far left identitarians, it's nothing to do with equality or fair opportunities for all, it's just a hatred for those they consider to have power and a desire to usurp them, and a belief that all anyone wants to do is oppress those that dont share their own superficial characteristics.

By creating a character that's just a vulgar Male with power, but making them female, they've deprived an enemy of 'power', and that's all that matters in life to them.

Hi Mista,
If I may add my review to this thread. It's not focused on ratings and I play 25 hours of every game I review.
Hope it's a positive content for the thread.

Happy to talk about it!

Ivellios

Skillup / Ralph's review.

This is the first review i saw from him and i really liked it.

I did not play the game, but from what i saw its not really worth spending money and time on this game, especially since i care a great deal about story, writing and characters. The sisters personalities and conversations are completely awful imo. Plus i dont like poor implementation of RPG mechanics in games that dont need it.

Its a shame what they did to Wolfenstein, i actually enjoyed the previous game.

Last edited:
Played in coop with a friend.
I liked previous Wolfenstein reboot games. "The new order" was great. "The new colossus" was a bit cringy, but still fine.
That is why I don't get how creators of those games and creators of Dishonored (1st part is probably my most beloved game) could have made something like "Wolfenstein: Youngblood". It is a boring game, which i can even call "opposite to fun and laughs". Graphics, physics and ballistics are great, don't get me wrong, but there are too much elements that make my immersion disappear every time someone makes a bad joke or enemies only get their health bar shorter while being shot hard. The reason for such bad points of gameplay might be a pressure from Bethesda. Most of their latest games suffer from same things. And Fallout 76 showed us how Bethesda deals with a game on it's own.

TUROK

I wonder if the key sound guys stayed behind at Starbreeze because Syndicate sounds AMAZING in the sound design department, but their Wolfenstein games just sound aight (soundtrack and amazing voice acting aside).

Last edited:
Top Bottom