• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wordle |OT| Daily Word Game | Share Your Scores

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
This was luck. The first word I thought of on my third go had a repeated letter which always makes me hesitate, so I put in the next word I thought of with a different first letter.

Wordle 218 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 218 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This was possibly a lucky guess, however I'm really being helped by hardmode here, forcing me to just go straight for unusual words rather than waste tries eliminating letters.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Bam! I know this word well since it is used often in a hobby of mine.
Wordle 218 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I wonder how hard a triple repeat word like "error" would be. Becool if they have a database of previous words and the success rates.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Wordle 218 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 214 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

(Turns out, the author of the web page didn’t try and obfuscate anything. All the words for the coming months are there to view in the web page source πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Impress your non-tech friends with your magical clairvoyance skills).

Your friends KNOW Big Lee. . . trust me.

Last edited:
I almost fucked up yesterday lol I got distracted for a second and made my third guess without really paying much attention, so I used some letters I had already discarded and I fucked up the positioning of my yellows. It's the first time (I've played just 7 games so far tbh) that I'm unable to solve a puzzle in 3/4 tries.

Wordle 217 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Today's word was kind of a bitch...I didn't even know it existed. Before submitting my third guess, I was 100% sure it was
crisp
, so after failing that I was just guessing based on the most commonly used letters.

Wordle 218 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wordle 219 4/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Another word I use extremely rarely, if ever. But that's an unbroken streak of 4/4 correctly guessed words since I started playing, which I'm pretty pleased about given that English is not my first language (and I haven't cheated by looking anything up). Not that these words are super obscure or anything (few 5-letter words are I guess), but you still have to dig them out from somewhere in your brain.

Still haven't finished one in less than 4 guesses though.

Last edited:
Wordle 219 6/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First time it took me 6 tries but at least my win streak is intact, this was the toughest one for me so far. The real Eureka moment was remembering just because a letter is in the right place doesn't mean it can't be in multiple places.

TLZ

Banned
Wordle 219 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Damn near lost this one, good grief. Was forced to remember the word existed just by the sheer impossibility of forming a different one with the remaining letters.

Wordle 219 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This needs to be recategorized as a survival horror title. Who needs a Silent Hill remake when we have this to stress us to death?
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wordle 219 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Damn near lost this one, good grief. Was forced to remember the word existed just by the sheer impossibility of forming a different one with the remaining letters.

Yeah, I feel it's often like that. You get to a point where the only option left is to guess the correct word, and then you just have to dig deep and find it. Depends on how lucky your first few guesses were though.

Last edited:
Wordle 219 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I ended up cheesing out of my self enforced hard-mode rule just to move things along. The thing about hard mode is I don't think I could have failed it because once guess 3 didn't do the trick I think only the winning word would fit the constraints. Ahh well. I'll try to do better tomorrow. Been at it for like 2 weeks straight I think. Might have to scale back to 2-3 times a week to avoid burnout.

Maiden Voyage

Goldβ„’ Member
I only got it in 4 because of hard mode. It would have taken me 6 tries probably to get it without.

Wordle 219 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Last edited:
Top Bottom