• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

ampere

bA4C2BV.png

The new expansion is Legion, a journey to the Broken Isles on Azeroth to fight against the Legion invasion brought by Gul'dan. New class - Demon Hunters (tank/melee dps), class overhauls for almost every spec, and spec specific artifact weapons. Release date is August 30th, with preorder early access for Demon Hunters available by August 17th. More details on Legion here: Artifact Overview, Class change preview, Cinematic, Promo site. This thread is full of nerds so just ask if you have questions!

Best feature of 7.0? Wardrobe. Store all your transmog gear in here, freeing up bank space! Sleeper feature? Personal loot got upgraded, so now grouping with other players actually helps you get more loot when questing! Everyone in a group gets to loot every enemy.

What to do before the 30th?
It All Makes Sense Now - talk to a Doomsayer, mount up, fall to your death, repeat until you get the achievement. Pretty silly, but *yay achievements*. Demon Invasions are coming soon which reward gear, transmog and a pet.
-
Collect items for your wardrobe! Essential addon - Can I Mog It? - helps show if you know items of different armor types to assist with BoEs.
-
Archimonde Heroic drops a quest item for everyone who kills him to reward a Moose mount, this is available until Legion's release date. Many people are selling runs for less than 30k gold so even if you aren't a raider you can get one.
-
Heirloom trinkets drop from Mythic dungeons until Legion's release. These trinkets level with you from 100 - 110 and drop on personal loot. See top comment here
-
Archimonde and Blackhand on Mythic difficulty drop 1 guaranteed mount per kill and these mounts will become low (~1%) drop rate after Legion launches. The Archimonde mount is about 1 million gold and and the Blackhand mount is around 300k gold.

Previous OTs
OT1, OT2, OT3, OT4, OT5, OT6, OT7

GAF Players Google Document
GAF Players

Patch Trailers & Reveals
Warlords of Draenor: Patch 6.2 - Fury of Hellfire
Mists of Pandaria: Patch 5.2 - The Thunder King, Patch 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar
Cataclysm: Patch 4.1 - Rise of the Zandalari, Patch 4.3 - Hour of Twilight
Wrath of the Lich King: Patch 3.1 - Secrets of Ulduar, Patch 3.2 - Call of the Crusade, Patch 3.3 - Fall of the Lich King
The Burning Crusade: Patch 2.1 - The Black Temple, Patch 2.3 - The Gods of Zul'Aman, Patch 2.4 - Fury of the Sunwell
Classic: Patch 1.11 - Shadow of the Necropolis

Expansion Reveals
Legion Gamescom 2015 Reveal
Warlords of Draenor BlizzCon 2013 Reveal
Mists of Pandaria BlizzCon 2011 Reveal
Cataclysm BlizzCon 2009 reveal
Wrath of the Lich King BlizzCon 2007 Reveal
The Burning Crusade BlizzCon 2005 Reveal

Official Sites
Official US WoW site, Official EU WoW site

Community Websites
MMO-Champion - WoW and Blizzard game news
Wowhead - WoW database
Simple Armory - great armory website to easily view your achievements/pets/mounts (unfortunately not yet updated for Legion
Openraid - community event planning website
WoWProgress - guild and character rankings
Arena Junkies - PvP rankings
GuildOx - character rankings (good for looking up % of players with a mount or achievement)
Curse - Addon resource
WoW Interface - Addon resource
WoWpedia

|OT7| Wall of Shame
1fNVgdF.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have earned my place in that wall and I am proud of it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Cool
I had a bit of a crisis of confidence on the first raid out, but things went a bit better on the second. I'm nowhere near as self-sufficient as I used to be, but that is, of course, entirely Blizzard's intention so... fair enough.

At the moment I don't think I'm playing it particularly well, I need to be better at managing my charges of Shield and Hammer; it's quite significantly different from the previous iteration. As such, I'm not sure I can give you a 'real' appraisal of where we are; I am much worse than I was before, but I think a massive chunk of that is inexperience.

Hmm. Im considering tanking my Prot pala that im leveling into legion as I found it quite fun. Hope its good :|

mclem

I'll bring my reply to Tecnniqe over here:

Do we have any prot pala players here? If so I'd like to hear your opinion on current 7.0 tankadin.

How is end game?

I had a bit of a crisis of confidence on the first raid out, but things went a bit better on the second. I'm nowhere near as self-sufficient as I used to be, but that is, of course, entirely Blizzard's intention so... fair enough.

At the moment I don't think I'm playing it particularly well, I need to be better at managing my charges of Shield and Hammer; it's quite significantly different from the previous iteration. As such, I'm not sure I can give you a 'real' appraisal of where we are; I am much worse than I was before, but I think a massive chunk of that is inexperience.

^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE TO SEE WoWgaf Discord Invite Link!

Where the real talk happens. We have a main IRC of #dalaran, as well as a handful of voice channels. Easy way for people in this thread to communicate without giving out access to specific guild mumble/teamspeak servers.

mclem

Cool

Hmm. Im considering tanking my Prot pala that im leveling into legion as I found it quite fun. Hope its good :|

Honestly, I suspect it's fine. The problem I'm having is unlearning everything I used to know.

At the moment I'm randomly hopping on my horse in AOE situations, for one thing (I'd previously mapped that to Holy Wrath, one of our AoE abilities)

Kacar

Super excited for the xpac.

Gonna try to keep up with 1 alt this expansions since I've only ever usually done stuff with my druid since i made him in vanilla. Probably going to be a shaman.

Glad i can do all specs relatively worry free outside of gear/itemization.

Most excited I've been for a wow expansion.

I think it's sort of sinister to release the prepatch a month early. Blizzard got me to resub and then I realized yesterday that there's nothing to do. So I just burned a month on a sub for no reason.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Honestly, I suspect it's fine. The problem I'm having is unlearning everything I used to know.

At the moment I'm randomly hopping on my horse in AOE situations, for one thing (I'd previously mapped that to Holy Wrath, one of our AoE abilities)

So it might be better to start all fresh like im doing now then. Learning the new setup from scratch.

Thanks.

br3wnor

I think it's sort of sinister to release the prepatch a month early. Blizzard got me to resub and then I realized yesterday that there's nothing to do. So I just burned a month on a sub for no reason.

Lol, I thought the same thing this weekend when I realized that getting any gear on my 100 would be kind of useless, but I have a level 70 Priest and decided to get him to 100 before Legion, if possible.

Had fun dicking around on my 100 Warrior, Prot is really cool so far and the little tanking I did felt great. It'll all depend on how everything scales at 110, but so far, so good.

The transmog system is great, a very nice addition. Hoping Legion keeps me around for more than the 1-2 months it'll take me to get through all the content, but even if it doesn't, I'll have a glorious couple of months.

Monk hit 100. My Warrior is next and then I have to decide who to use the boost on. The only non max level classes would be Druid, Lock, Shaman, or Hunter.

j-wood

So I haven't played since vanilla, and even then my highest level was a 30 druid.

But i got a free week of gametime, and the wow bug has officially bitten me. I think i'm buying the new expansion, and obviously i have SO MUCH CONTENT to play through.

I'm torn on what to make though or use my level 100 boost on. I started a human warrior, currently level 15.

I kind of want to start a mage, but not sure what race to pick.

I think my plan is to use the boost on something i won't have trouble getting into a group for, so i can play the new content with everyone else. Still plan to use the fresh character to play through all the old stuff though.

Any tips or suggestions?

Perfect choice for thread title. 90% of the time I would teleport to Dalaran that speech would be going on and its no exaggeration.

Here's my main -

L9GwVW0.png

Who needs elaborate transmogs when you have the best tier sets? Warlock and Paladin bois ww@

Savitar

Spikes seldom go out of style, and you got to figure they come in handy. When not caught on curtains.

Playing the game and having fun again.

Shahadan

So I haven't played since vanilla, and even then my highest level was a 30 druid.

But i got a free week of gametime, and the wow bug has officially bitten me. I think i'm buying the new expansion, and obviously i have SO MUCH CONTENT to play through.

I'm torn on what to make though or use my level 100 boost on. I started a human warrior, currently level 15.

I kind of want to start a mage, but not sure what race to pick.

I think my plan is to use the boost on something i won't have trouble getting into a group for, so i can play the new content with everyone else. Still plan to use the fresh character to play through all the old stuff though.

Any tips or suggestions?

Maybe you should use the boost on a class able to fulfill the three roles, like paladin or druid, or monk. That way you have options.

j-wood

Maybe you should use the boost on a class able to fulfill the three roles, like paladin or druid, or monk. That way you have options.

I almost rolled a paladin instead of the warrior. It's because it can heal right?

Oddly enough, back in vanilla, a night elf druid was what I took to level 30. That class is still pretty viable?

StMeph

I used the 100 boost on a Paladin on the opposite faction, but I'm really not enjoying Ret. I don't regret it because ASHBRINGER, but I'm leveling a Mage now instead for the alt-faction alt. Plays so much better.

Robin64

Woo, new thread smell!

(Should've made it Gaming side, even FFXI got on that side when it got a new xpac)

ampere

From last thread

Damn, really? Was just thinking about leveling one, maybe I should reconsider.

It's still fun though. And can solo old content with the best of them

Woo, new thread smell!

(Should've made it Gaming side, even FFXI got on that side when it got a new xpac)

Rosti is making the Legion OT, but our old thread was about to cap so needed another now

It's weird seeing versatility at the top of most priority stat lists. I got use to seeing it at the bottom of anything that wasn't a tank.

I don't think I really like any of the new Warlock specs. Demonology seems fun but I haven't gotten into a long enough battle to really unleash the Hell of a demon army yet in Timewalking.

Negator

Anyone have a spare Bone Wasp from the Laughing Skull vendor? I am willing to trade the alliance counterpart, Draenei Micro Defender for one.

Dabbled a tiny bit with WoD back in late 2014, I have a lvl 94 Worgen Hunter. Thinking of jumping back in for Legion!

I was thinking of dungeons (maybe raids if I can swing it) and perhaps PVP with the new system coming out. Considering the lvl 100 boost, any suggestions of an alt?

For those playing now, what's the best Hunter spec turning out to be? I love the guns/bows, so Marksmanship or BM look good. However, it's been a while, and I didn't get the chance to do much endgame content over the years despite playing since near launch. Any suggestions/tips appreciated :)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Dabbled a tiny bit with WoD back in late 2014, I have a lvl 94 Worgen Hunter. Thinking of jumping back in for Legion!

I was thinking of dungeons (maybe raids if I can swing it) and perhaps PVP with the new system coming out. Considering the lvl 100 boost, any suggestions of an alt?

For those playing now, what's the best Hunter spec turning out to be? I love the guns/bows, so Marksmanship or BM look good. However, it's been a while, and I didn't get the chance to do much endgame content over the years despite playing since near launch. Any suggestions/tips appreciated :)

I think MM is generally the best spec atm, but I'm sure the weeks immediately after Legion launch will have balance changes shifting everything around.

Jrmint

Has anyone had an issue completing the Invasion of Tanaan quest since 7.0? I was trying to do it on my boosted DK and when you go to talk to Khadgar he won't do anything. Not the end of the world but pretty annoying.

I think MM is generally the best spec atm, but I'm sure the weeks immediately after Legion launch will have balance changes shifting everything around.

MM is so strong right now. I'm topping the DPS charts with ease. And it looks like our artifact skill doesn't really ruin our rotation:

Windburst
Artifact
20 Focus
40 yd range
1.5 sec cast
20 sec cooldown
Focuses the power of Wind through Thas'dorah, dealing 800% Physical damage to your target, and leaving behind a trail of wind for 5 sec that increases the movement speed of allies by 50%.

Looks like you can just throw it in when necessary with the long cooldown.

We'll see if MM stays strong at 110.

Has anyone had an issue completing the Invasion of Tanaan quest since 7.0? I was trying to do it on my boosted DK and when you go to talk to Khadgar he won't do anything. Not the end of the world but pretty annoying.

I'm having the same problem right now with a boosted character.

Shahadan

Wtf I was idling in the Vale sanctuary (inside the building mind you) and when I come back I see that I'm dead. The combat log says I got killed by a falcon from kunlai.

There's been a bunch of weird knock-ons with 7.0, been running low-level dungeon content with my Survival Hunter and not having summonable bosses properly spawn.

Rosti is making the Legion OT, but our old thread was about to cap so needed another now

I sincerely hope he fills the OT with his own screenshots, I just wanna see gaming sides reaction to those.

Milennia

sorry last thread someone asked me how to get lunkers fast

on the southern edge of shadowmoon theres a break between that zone and spires, fish along that edge for sea scorpion pools

fastest way by far, TONS of pools

You have to wait 24 hours before a boosted character can do most things. They're not considered 100 yet for a lot of stuff.

I was aware of the 24 hour raid lock-out to prevent shady people from using stolen credit cards to buy boosts, farm gold from Firelands and what not but didn't think that applied to questing content.

I don't think I really like any of the new Warlock specs. Demonology seems fun but I haven't gotten into a long enough battle to really unleash the Hell of a demon army yet in Timewalking.

Been trying to level a Demo Lock but haven't been enjoying the new variation much. Old Demo Lock was weird but fun. The new variation of the spec seems more thematically in-line with what a Demonology Warlock should be as more of a pet class but so far it's kind of boring.

cdyhybrid

sorry last thread someone asked me how to get lunkers fast

on the southern edge of shadowmoon theres a break between that zone and spires, fish along that edge for sea scorpion pools

fastest way by far, TONS of pools
Can't you catch them outside pools? Or is it a higher chance in pools or something?

You have to wait 24 hours before a boosted character can do most things. They're not considered 100 yet for a lot of stuff.

I've boosted characters in the past and have always been able to do all of the intro Tanaan stuff right away. The only thing I can recall not being able to do immediately is dungeons and raids.

Maybe this is a change in 7.0, no idea.

Top Bottom