• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

v1perz53

Sigh, I wish the Bear hidden appearance was anything but a drop from Ursoc. Unclear if you get additional chance at the drop on LFR even if you've done normal (confirmed that it drops on LFR), so to get it I need to do LFR. But tanking LFR is on my list of worst experiences in game, get to be yelled at and berated for ~45 minutes because people don't understand how things work and its always the tanks fault. Or I could be a huge ass hole and leave after Ursoc each week... Few things tempt me more to be a jerk than that. I should in some minor way set up DPS or healing on my druid just so I don't have to tank this every week.

Sigh, I wish the Bear hidden appearance was anything but a drop from Ursoc. Unclear if you get additional chance at the drop on LFR even if you've done normal (confirmed that it drops on LFR), so to get it I need to do LFR. But tanking LFR is on my list of worst experiences in game, get to be yelled at and berated for ~45 minutes because people don't understand how things work and its always the tanks fault. Or I could be a huge ass hole and leave after Ursoc each week... Few things tempt me more to be a jerk than that. I should in some minor way set up DPS or healing on my druid just so I don't have to tank this every week.

Eh, Ursoc is the first boss of the 2nd wing. Just leaving after it shouldn't cause problems tbh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Spend an hour trying to find a group for Arcway, finally get in a group.
Only person at the stone for ten minutes, everyone finally gets summoned and then we zone in.. And I get kicked because this character hasn't done it before. Even though I've got 848 ilvl.
Yep..

Arcway isn't very hard on Mythic +0...

The trash is significantly harder than any of the bosses and that's just because there's random die-to-AoE crap.

Is there an easy way for mages to do the withered training?

Or are they SoL?

Just spend your first few runs getting the boxes and after a week or two the scenario is easy, just time consuming. I get full clears starting with 10 Withered (or even 6) on my Rogue without a problem, and I imagine I could do it with the starting 6 since I lose 0 guys on runs now - this morning I did a run starting with 10 guys and finished with 30+ guys on my team and no more mobs to fight.

Once they're powered up from the Glimmering Box treasures they do a lot of the interrupting and damage on their own and it isn't like you get anything from doing it other than toys and the stock 450 Nightfallen rep regardless of how well you do (you only have to get to like, ~500 before you get the max rep prize of 450 iirc).

Pickman

Or are they SoL?

Get the buff from Thalyssra to do the bubble when you get down to 0 hp, then go farm back to 2k mana and do it with 20 withered. When you get to Dro, he'll off you quick then fuck himself up on your shields, and you should be good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Get the buff from Thalyssra to do the bubble when you get down to 0 hp, then go farm back to 2k mana and do it with 20 withered. When you get to Dro, he'll off you quick then fuck himself up on your shields, and you should be good.

You can stun him, pop CDs and turn your withered to ANGRY MODE and it shouldn't be a problem to kill him.

I haven't tried on a mage, but I can't imagine its that much harder to just burst him dead.

scy

Roots also stop the Dro dash so it's really just a case of CCing him when he does that. Think of yourself, for any spec really, mostly as the puller and CC-bot rather than core DPS of the run.

Once they're powered up from the Glimmering Box treasures they do a lot of the interrupting and damage on their own and it isn't like you get anything from doing it other than toys and the stock 450 Nightfallen rep regardless of how well you do (you only have to get to like, ~500 before you get the max rep prize of 450 iirc).

380 Score for the max rep. Everything after that is ... uh ... I guess pointless? Honestly no idea, I've stopped pushing for 7-800+ score runs since it's not like they seem to do anything of note besides double how long the run takes.

Since hitting Exalted I usually just throw mana at it and make a straight rush to the end without really killing anything extra. I should try and see what happens reward wise if I just leave as soon as it starts...

Talents

Banned
What's the best way to get Elixir on Ancinet Knowledge? Kroll is so slow and I don't think Realm hopping works for him. Been here 6 hours with no Elixir drop so far.

Mupod

On heroic Ursoc last night I tried moving my focus frame around a bit because I'd previously had trouble focusing on the ground shit he drops while staring intently at my offtank's debuffs. We taunt on every single debuff application but they come so fast it gets pretty crazy and you're constantly swapping.

What I didn't realize was that DBM's spammy bullshit was just barely covering up the bottom end of his buff/debuff list. So half the time I couldn't see what was on his bar. But the fight just gets into a rhythm and I didn't actually need it, we beat it on the first pull without screwing up the debuff. I actually feel a lot better about tanking it now even if that was pretty scary.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there a surefire way to fix this retrieving item information bullshit?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The best dialogue in the game is putting Light's Heart next to the Inquisitor in the Warlock class hall

'Uhh... This is a joke, right?'

frequency

The best dialogue in the game is putting Light's Heart next to the Inquisitor in the Warlock class hall

'Uhh... This is a joke, right?'

I like in the
Exodar scenario. When you're about to confront Rakeesh and your order hall champions come running down the ramp to join you. So it's 2 warlocks, a demon, and Velen getting ready to fight. Velen says "Well, this is awkward."
Simple thing but it really made me laugh.

Ashodin

The chests make future attempts much easier, so I'd say chests. After getting most of them, I can take in the minimum withered and still clear it as a Priest (a hard class to do it with, IMO).

You should get a good amount of points along the way, either way.

Oh the chests are a one time thing?

Fjordson

Yeah, I didn't know the chests were a one time thing lol.

I'm wondering if I accidentally skipped over some quest text or tutorial or something. Felt like they really just throw you into the withered training.

Tarazet

Or are they SoL?

It's rough the first couple times time because Dro is a pain. Save Time Warp for him and set your dudes to berserk. If you have a stun, i.e. Deep Freeze, then use that and just kite. Don't kite too far away though, or he will just teleport to you and smack you down.

You pretty much should be relying on your withered DPS. What you contribute yourself is minor compared with the zombies.

Roots also stop the Dro dash so it's really just a case of CCing him when he does that. Think of yourself, for any spec really, mostly as the puller and CC-bot rather than core DPS of the run.

380 Score for the max rep. Everything after that is ... uh ... I guess pointless? Honestly no idea, I've stopped pushing for 7-800+ score runs since it's not like they seem to do anything of note besides double how long the run takes.

Since hitting Exalted I usually just throw mana at it and make a straight rush to the end without really killing anything extra. I should try and see what happens reward wise if I just leave as soon as it starts...

certain classes get their hidden skin from there like prot paladin. Thankfully got mine the previous time I ran it

frequency

Dammit Xera, stop with this Illidan is the savior stuff, He was an douchebag

Just wait until you reach the end of that quest line.

Xe'ra scolds you for being full of anger and hatred and says you need to be redeemed for killing Illidan. That's right. It's not an Illidan redemption story. It's your redemption story! Ugh...

How are you supposed to survive the endless spider staircase? Either my withered get obsessed with attacking everything at the bottom or I die trying to rush my way to the top.

Jiraiza

Just started playing against this past weekend because a few friends were playing it. Stopped playing back during Wrath, and boy, I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Looking forward to learning how to play a Discipline Priest again.

Pickman

How are you supposed to survive the endless spider staircase? Either my withered get obsessed with attacking everything at the bottom or I die trying to rush my way to the top.

Set your withered to under control, run up the stairwell, hit the big spider up there to stop the gauntlet, then kite her back to the top of the stairs. Pop withered mayhem. Your Withered should kill the lil guys, then you can focus on nuking the boss.

Pickman

I've noticed on Darkheart Thicket that you get a cool dialogue set if there are druids in your group for the first boss. Are there any other bosses with unique dialog based on different classes being in the fights?

scy

certain classes get their hidden skin from there like prot paladin. Thankfully got mine the previous time I ran it

Yeah, Blood DK too, though I don't think the score (or reaching the end) matters for it? Would be nice if I can just enter-leave for maximum chance though since every other part of the rewards don't matter anymore.

one day it'll reward me, one day

Set your withered to under control, run up the stairwell, hit the big spider up there to stop the gauntlet, then kite her back to the top of the stairs. Pop withered mayhem. Your Withered should kill the lil guys, then you can focus on nuking the boss.

My problem is the little spiders stack so fast that they just annihilate my health by the time I'm trying to bring the big spider back down. I normally do the scenario as Shadow, so maybe I need to switch to Holy or something in order to survive the staircase. Dispersion + Shield just don't seem to cut it despite being 840+.

I've noticed on Darkheart Thicket that you get a cool dialogue set if there are druids in your group for the first boss. Are there any other bosses with unique dialog based on different classes being in the fights?

The shadow priest artifact likes to smack-talk bosses which is pretty neat. It will occasionally have dialogue for geographical areas as well such as Suramar City.

v1perz53

My problem is the little spiders stack so fast that they just annihilate my health by the time I'm trying to bring the big spider back down. I normally do the scenario as Shadow, so maybe I need to switch to Holy or something in order to survive the staircase. Dispersion + Shield just don't seem to cut it despite being 840+.

The shadow priest artifact likes to smack-talk bosses which is pretty neat. It will occasionally have dialogue for geographical areas as well such as Suramar City.

Best thing about the shadow artifact is talking to Odyn after Halls of Valor. And in terms of withered training, it really is funny how different of an experience it is on a tank class vs anything else. That spider staircase on my Guardian druid isn't even a thing, my first time in there I didn't realize how it worked and killed them as they came for like 2-3 full minutes and it was fine. Same with Dro, really a non-issue as a tank as long as you have some stuns/roots for the charge. As a tank I actually hate my berzerkers because they taunt, I would rather mobs attack me.

Man, doing Loremaster and Bloodmyst isle quests are hilariously bad. You get like 25 quests from the main hub sending you in every direction around the island, with nothing connecting at all, then you get sent back out as you return quests in the middle. Pretty much the dictionary definition of clunky and inefficient.

Yeah, Blood DK too, though I don't think the score (or reaching the end) matters for it? Would be nice if I can just enter-leave for maximum chance though since every other part of the rewards don't matter anymore.

one day it'll reward me, one day

i've heard score does affect it, but that's what I've heard dont know if it is true or not. I ended with about 650 when I got mine but idk

scy

i've heard score does affect it, but that's what I've heard dont know if it is true or not. I ended with about 650 when I got mine but idk

...fuck.

I'm paranoid enough to probably care.

Score matters for the reputation you get out of the chests. It maxes out at 425.

380 Score for max rep, yeah. Just don't know how much score matters for every other part of your possible rewards.

Lanrutcon

...fuck.

I'm paranoid enough to probably care.

380 Score for max rep, yeah. Just don't know how much score matters for every other part of your possible rewards.

Did a 700 score run today, and got max rep, some gear, a follower equip and a toy.

Arcway isn't very hard on Mythic +0...

The trash is significantly harder than any of the bosses and that's just because there's random die-to-AoE crap.

Just spend your first few runs getting the boxes and after a week or two the scenario is easy, just time consuming. I get full clears starting with 10 Withered (or even 6) on my Rogue without a problem, and I imagine I could do it with the starting 6 since I lose 0 guys on runs now - this morning I did a run starting with 10 guys and finished with 30+ guys on my team and no more mobs to fight.

It's rough the first couple times time because Dro is a pain. Save Time Warp for him and set your dudes to berserk. If you have a stun, i.e. Deep Freeze, then use that and just kite. Don't kite too far away though, or he will just teleport to you and smack you down.

You pretty much should be relying on your withered DPS. What you contribute yourself is minor compared with the zombies.

Sounds painful.

When you berserk your withered, don't they like, run away more? I always end up losing a couple when I do that..

Ashodin

Sounds painful.

When you berserk your withered, don't they like, run away more? I always end up losing a couple when I do that..

I think it's based on damage rather than berserk them all the time. They become scattered and aggro MUCH more than just following you however.

Got my first great Titanforged proc, the tentacle trinket from normal Il'gynoth got upgraded all the way to 885. It's not the best trinket by any means, but definitely better than what I had. And I get cool tentacles on my shoulders!

Tacitus_

I'm such an ass. Made the Porta: Ancient Dalaran after a run. My friend asks me if it's "the correct Dalaran". Said sure, sure it is. Though paladins don't mind high drops that much.

M.D

The chests are a one-time thing and the buffs are permanent. Once you get them all, you should be able to go in with 8 withered and faceroll to victory every time.

Is there any point in getting a better score than 400 or killed bosses then? do you get anything for clearing the entire thing?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Is there any point in getting a better score than 400 or killed bosses then? do you get anything for clearing the entire thing?

The only 'possible' (doubtful, but uncertain as of now afaik) benefit MAY be getting a better chance at the toys/fox mount with a higher score. or if you finish.

Other than that, once you reach 400 or so for the rep rewards, you can let your withered pick up chests (or run off if you've got them all), die yourself, or what have you.

scy

All I'm getting from this right now is I should start doing max score runs again and documenting it. Goddamnit all.

Did a 700 score run today, and got max rep, some gear, a follower equip and a toy.

Yeah, until I hit Exalted I basically did 6-800 full clear runs every time. No Fox or Blood DK weapon but I think I have every other reward so far.

Still holding out for these tokens also becoming BoA.

Sounds painful.

Not sure but I can say that the Soothing Leystone Shard upgrade makes it so they just don't ever run away as far as I can tell. Makes getting it in the spider gauntlet a pretty big deal imo for making the whole scenario less grating.

Top Bottom