• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World War 3 - Development Update

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

World War 3 is a tactical online multiplayer FPS where the world is your battleground. Take a look at the latest version of the game in this brand-new gameplay trailer, consisting entirely of footage captured by testers.

What is World War 3?
World War 3 is an online multiplayer tactical FPS set against the backdrop of a modern global conflict. Team up to outgun and outflank the enemy in thrilling tactical skirmishes waged across real-world locations like Warsaw, Berlin, and Moscow. Customize your perfect loadout from a huge weapons arsenal, then deploy vehicles, gadgets, and drones, and call in strikes to seize the advantage.

TEAM-BASED ONLINE MULTIPLAYER ACTION
Hit the battlefield with up to 40 players in two core game modes. Unleash your arsenal in Tactical Ops, where two teams of 20 must attack or defend capture points in fast-paced skirmishes. Team Deathmatch is a classic FPS mode that’s an action-packed, 10 versus 10 race to victory—work together to plan tactical strikes and full-scale assaults to score the highest kill count!

ALL-OUT WARFARE
Use every tool at your disposal to win the fight. Get your boots on the ground as an infantry soldier, drive around in tanks and vehicles, utilize drones to survey the battlefield, and call in tactical strikes for maximum damage.

PLAY YOUR WAY
A huge arsenal of weapons, vehicles, gadgets, drones, artillery, and airstrikes are at your disposal. Create your perfect loadout, and choose from hundreds of combinations of unique weapon components and cosmetic customizations to make it personal. Your vehicles, tactical gear, and uniforms are all fully customizable, so you can really make your mark on the battlefield.

WORLD AT WAR
Fight under the flag of real-world countries as you battle through stunning maps, featuring realistic geography and incredible levels of detail. Take the fight from the streets of Warsaw, Berlin, Moscow, and Polyarny, to the outskirts of Smolensk and beyond.

PLAYABLE REALISM
Every shot counts. Discover realistic gameplay features that enhance immersion without impacting combat, including an advanced ballistics system, full-body awareness, vehicle physics, and extensive customization.

Phase

I just saw BigFry's vid on this. It's interesting. I hope they can pull it off, though it will be rough going against BF.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Veteran Alpha Test is ready to deploy. Players who joined the vanguard during the Early Access period can enjoy the new and improved World War 3 from September 30 until October 4 at 05:00 PT/12:00 GMT. Experience tactical battles and gritty deathmatches across two war-torn maps based on the real-world cities Moscow, Berlin, Warsaw, and Polyarny, plus improved gunplay, revamped animations, and more in this exclusive test.

Ww3 looks great but people have to remember…all bf betas have been a clusterfuck and it’s launch will most likely be a buggy mess….but it’s still fun

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

If you’re going to stand a chance on the battlefield, you’re gonna need guns. Lots of guns. Get the lowdown on weapons and their vast array of customization options in World War 3 in this Feature Spotlight.

THIS IS WORLD WAR 3
World War 3 is an online multiplayer tactical FPS set against the backdrop of a modern global conflict. Team up to outgun and outflank the enemy in thrilling tactical skirmishes waged across real-world locations like Warsaw, Berlin, and Moscow. Customize your perfect loadout from a huge weapons arsenal, then deploy vehicles, gadgets, and drones, and call in strikes to seize the advantage.

TEAM-BASED ONLINE MULTIPLAYER ACTION
Hit the battlefield with up to 40 players in two core game modes. Unleash your arsenal in Tactical Ops, where two teams of 20 must attack or defend capture points in fast-paced skirmishes. Team Deathmatch is a classic FPS mode that’s an action-packed, 10 versus 10 race to victory—work together to plan tactical strikes and full-scale assaults to score the highest kill count!

ALL-OUT WARFARE
Use every tool at your disposal to win the fight. Get your boots on the ground as an infantry soldier, drive around in tanks and vehicles, utilize drones to survey the battlefield, and call in tactical strikes for maximum damage.

PLAY YOUR WAY
A huge arsenal of weapons, vehicles, gadgets, drones, artillery, and airstrikes are at your disposal. Create your perfect loadout, and choose from hundreds of combinations of unique weapon components and cosmetic customizations to make it personal. Your vehicles, tactical gear, and uniforms are all fully customizable, so you can really make your mark on the battlefield.

WORLD AT WAR
Fight under the flag of real-world countries as you battle through stunning maps, featuring realistic geography and incredible levels of detail. Take the fight from the streets of Warsaw, Berlin, Moscow, and Polyarny, to the outskirts of Smolensk and beyond.

PLAYABLE REALISM
Every shot counts. Discover realistic gameplay features that enhance immersion without impacting combat, including an advanced ballistics system, full-body awareness, vehicle physics, and extensive customization.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The World War 3 closed beta is happening on November 25. Get a new cinematic look at the upcoming tactical multiplayer first-person shooter, and also find out what content packs will be available.

Fahdis

Lol, almost took this seriously and then I realized I was on a gaming forum *puts cat with claws down*.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Previewed by Jarrett Green on PC.

Our closed-beta hands-on with World War 3, the upcoming tactical military first-person shooter, was something of a mixed bag. The moment-to-moment gameplay was decent enough...when we could actually connect to a match, that is. Watch our full preview for more detailed impressions of this PC FPS.

Knightime_X

Funny, I literally just removed this from my wishlist on steam seeing how it's been in early access since 2018.
I deemed it DOA and decided against it.
Now I see this.

Hmm..

The voiceover makes it sounds amateur hour, like a windows prefab text to speech voice. That said, the maps looks very cool and makes me even more angry about the BF2042 maps. Also all the content it has... if battlefield had this it would be goty.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I've been watching livestreams of this since the 2042 debacle, it looks surprisingly solid.

I'm a total sucker for customization and the weapon options in this game are insane.

Might pick this up over the Christmas holiday.

SJRB

Gold Member
Bought this earlier today, having a good time with it! Especially considering it's 12 euros.

Anyone else playing it?

Customization options are insane. Graphics are great, maps are neat [too big though].

Audio is terrible though. Like straight up garbage, some of the worst I have ever heard. But from what I can tell the devs are aware of this.

I just saw BigFry's vid on this. It's interesting. I hope they can pull it off, though it will be rough going against BF.

Will it though?

DICE and EA seem more than happy to throw away everything they've learned as soon as they start making a new game.

Phase

Will it though?

DICE and EA seem more than happy to throw away everything they've learned as soon as they start making a new game.
Well that comment was from back in July...

I think they've got a decent shot at gaining a solid userbase if they can deliver now that BF put up a dud.

Last edited:
Top Bottom