• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World War Z Aftermath - Official Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

World War Z: Aftermath is the next evolution of the original hit World War Z, featuring 4K|60 FPS gameplay on next-gen systems, a new melee combat system, new first-person mode, and full cross-play on consoles and PC. Join up to three friends or play on your own with AI teammates against hordes of ravenous zombies across new locations around the world: Rome, Vatican City and Russia’s Kamchatka peninsula. Coming later this year on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC with backwards compatibility available on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S at 4K|60 FPS.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Upstaged back4blood

Its a new game, discount if you own previous. Next gen upgrade free when it's done too.

Last edited:

Killer8

To be quite honest, this looks better than Back 4 Blood. Shooting mechanics don't look as floaty and the melee combat reminds me of Dead Rising. I'm in.

VN1X

Banned
So I'm currently playing the Gamepass version of the original WWZ game but is this going to be a free (next-gen) update for that? Or will I have to purchase it? Or does the Gamepass version still get a visual update so it runs at 60fps (as I believe it doesn't currently).

Also will there be a physical PS5/Series X release of this game?

apowhungo

Upstaged back4blood

To be quite honest, this looks better than Back 4 Blood.

maxresdefault.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The developers of World War Z: Aftermath walk you through gameplay examples of what's new in the Aftermath edition of the game, including the new locations, new melee system, new weapons, first-person mode, and more. Aftermath will be released this Fall on PC (Steam and Epic Games Store), PS4, and Xbox One, with PS5 and Xbox Series X|S supported via backward compatibility for now until they each get a free next-gen update next year to take advantage of the new consoles.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Pre-Order World War Z: Aftermath now and play 2 days early

The ultimate co-op zombie shooter is coming September 21

🧟 New Episodes: Rome and Kamchatka
🧟 New Survivors
🧟 Brutal new melee system feat Dual Sickles, Sledgehammer
and MUCH more

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

World War Z: Aftermath is OUT NOW on consoles and PC

Experience this huge new evolution of WWZ:

🧟 New Story Episodes: Rome and Kamchatka
🧟 First-Person Mode
🧟 Brutal new melee system feat Dual Cleavers, Sledgehammer
and MUCH more

World War Z: Aftermath is the ultimate co-op zombie shooter based on Paramount Pictures’ blockbuster film, and the next evolution of the original hit World War Z that has now captivated over 15 million players. Turn the tide of the zombie apocalypse across consoles and PC with full cross-play. Join up to three friends or play on your own with AI teammates against hordes of ravenous zombies in intense story episodes across new zombie-ravaged locations around the world: Rome, Vatican City and Russia’s Kamchatka peninsula.

World War Z: Aftermath is out now on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC for $39.99 alongside backwards compatibility for PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S at 4K and 60FPS. In early 2022, the game will receive further next-gen enhancements, with support for PS5 and XSX|S console features, as well as Horde Mode XL, free for players who purchased Aftermath on PS4, Xbox One or PC.

World War Z: Aftermath also includes all content from the Game of the Year Edition of World War Z. Players who own the original World War Z or World War Z: GOTY Edition are able to purchase World War Z: Aftermath for $19.99 on their respective platforms. World War Z: Aftermath: Deluxe Edition, featuring a bonus weapons pack and weapons skins, is available for $49.99.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The new World War Z: Aftermath free update brings a World War Z Aftermath Booster zombie type and daily challenges to the co-op zombie shooter. Check out the World War Z Aftermath trailer for a look at what to expect with the update, available now.

Armed with concentrated biosamples, the new World War Z Booster zombie type enhances all zombies around it, making them even deadlier.

CamHostage

Good stuff, although I'm holding out for the Nintendo Switch base version (no Aftermath though, as far as I can tell) in November. It's that kind of twitch/melee game that I just like playing away from the TV, so hopefully the port holds up with an acceptable level of trimmings.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Cut and Mend update is available now on PC and consoles for World War Z: Aftermath, bringing the new sword melee weapon and ACW rifle variant, as well as the ability to quickly swap between different perk loadouts for each class, new items for the medkit slot like adrenaline, and more to the co-op zombie shooter game. Watch the trailer for a look at what to expect.

Top Bottom