• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World War Z - Official Nintendo Switch Release Date Reveal Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get another look at the zombie shooter in this latest action-packed trailer for World War Z.

Battle for humanity's survival against the relentless forces of the undead apocalypse alone or with friends across multiple game modes when World War Z launches on November 2, 2021, for Nintendo Switch.

Saber

Gold Member
Fair game, used to play alot. Waiting for the first person update to see how good it becomes.
They could use a tune on the ally AI though. They're mostly useless.

This is honestly a top 20 GOAT for me. Shooting them zombies is just so damn satisfying. Pretty impressive if they manage to maintain the enemy count on the Switch.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
This is honestly a top 20 GOAT for me. Shooting them zombies is just so damn satisfying. Pretty impressive if they manage to maintain the enemy count on the Switch.
Try call of duty cold war zombie mode.. must play it’s like tony hawk with zombies and guns

Holammer

How the hell did they get this to run on Switch? Its very demanding on PC
You can butcher or massage a game to run on almost anything, found this video with a guy running it at "playable" framerates on a 2012 mobile CPU with HD4000.
This is probably within the visual quality range you can expect on the Switch.

Last edited:

Fake

Saber make decents port to Switch, so no complain. Besides, base PS4 and Xbox One runs at 30 fps, so NS running at 30 is not hard problem.

How the hell did they get this to run on Switch? Its very demanding on PC

They can use dynamic settings for everything. The PC version have such an option like that?

CamHostage

I believe these screens are specific to the Switch version:

iHyFmLQ.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Swarm arrives on Nintendo Switch! World War Z is a heart-pounding co-op third-person shooter where you can band together with 4 players to defeat swarms of hundreds of zombies.

CamHostage

Last edited:

CamHostage

I think it's visually not too far from faithful, and the enemy count seems probably the same. Looking at the previous console versions, it seems a lot of the drawbacks of the Switch version were present in the console version, just less so. Like, explosions are pretty bland, and the body-culling sometimes is too aggressive (there should be just a mound of inhuman remains at the end of a swarm), and both are a little better on the UHD versions (it'll certainly spoil you for the Switch version if you watch too much of the PS5 version first) but the Switch version doesn't look bastardized or anything like that in order to fit.

...Gives me a little bit of hope for the Switch version of Wreckfest, maybe?

In the meantime, I'll check this out, been wanting to play something like this on a portable even if it isn't the best-quality version.

Last edited:

Romulus

I think it's visually not too far from faithful, and the enemy count seems probably the same. Looking at the previous console versions, it seems a lot of the drawbacks of the Switch version were present in the console version, just less so. Like, explosions are pretty bland, and the body-culling sometimes is too aggressive (there should be just a mound of inhuman remains at the end of a swarm), and both are a little better on the UHD versions (it'll certainly spoil you for the Switch version if you watch too much of the PS5 version first) but the Switch version doesn't look bastardized or anything like that in order to fit.

...Gives me a little bit of hope for the Switch version of Wreckfest, maybe?

In the meantime, I'll check this out, been wanting to play something like this on a portable even if it isn't the best-quality version.

I just recently played this on PS4 and the difference was pretty stark visually. Body count seems the same and performance seems solid. They focused on the right things imo, I could get used to ugly visuals because I play retro games.

It's nice that a Nintendo system is finally getting lots of 3rd party support. Hope people support it.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Side-by-Side comparison between Switch and XSS. (Seems like they're getting a lot more framerate bogdown on their copy of Switch, did it have a Day1 patch?)

Jumped to one of the more intense scenes for comparison. (Funny if you watch from the beginning though, the opening is pretty close, but then there's a dramatic angle with a lamp projecting light that a character is standing in front of, and there's no shadow of the character on Switch... smart compromises chosen though, IMO, focuses on the right things to get the play working well in the conversion.)

Saber

Gold Member
Looks fine on the fps departament baf some heavy zombie fights. Never expected to be that good anyway.

But what gets me is the visuals of some parts...which took some real hard hits.

Overall looks serviciable. Too bad the game robot mechanics and level grinding tears every drop of fun from this game.

Top Bottom