• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worlds of WarCraft: Azeroth Travel Guide

Anyone get that "we're all laughing at you" feeling whenever a preview is released or when a beta tester goes on gushing about the game?

It makes me sick to my stomach, plz release this Blizzard. For my sanity!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The guide has a bunch of exclusive screens that show off the area. Some of the things I took screens of I haven't seen anywhere else.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Speaking of Kalimdor (those screens are from Mulgore on Kalimdor), here are a couple I just snapped while my Shaman was working on a really long Barrens collection quest:
wowscreen_01.jpg

Resting

wowscreen_02.jpg

HADUKEN!

BuddyC

Sal Paradise Jr said:
Anyone get that "we're all laughing at you" feeling whenever a preview is released or when a beta tester goes on gushing about the game?

It makes me sick to my stomach, plz release this Blizzard. For my sanity!

Yup. I don't even play MMORPGS, but when I saw Justin's screens I got really, really jealous.

GDJustin

Can you window this game, or at least alt-tab? A lot of the MMOs I've played don't allow it and I completely stop playing the games because of this. I can't have a game window up very long without alt-tabbing. I multitask a lot.

Gattsu25

Banned
Asskicker064 said:
Can you window this game, or at least alt-tab? A lot of the MMOs I've played don't allow it

Yep, that is annoying...I'd like to know, too

Asskicker064 said:
I completely stop playing the games because of this. I can't have a game window up very long without alt-tabbing. I multitask a lot.

ritalin-os.jpg

Asskicker064 said:
Can you window this game, or at least alt-tab? A lot of the MMOs I've played don't allow it and I completely stop playing the games because of this. I can't have a game window up very long without alt-tabbing. I multitask a lot.

You can window it, and I alt-tab out all the time and have never had any problems. I can't imagine playing a game that didn't allow switching out for a few seconds here and there ... to check the FAQ and map sites, if nothing else. ;)

GDJustin

Although you can alt+tab out of it, I think it should be mentioned that on my PC it takes a long, LONG time for my desktop to load back up. It's partly because I'm running the game at a different res than I run my PC.

Point is, unless you have an uber PC or the code is going to be further optomized (which is entirely likely), alt+tabbing frequently isn't really that feasible.

GDJustin said:
Although you can alt+tab out of it, I think it should be mentioned that on my PC it takes a long, LONG time for my desktop to load back up. It's partly because I'm running the game at a different res than I run my PC.

Point is, unless you have an uber PC or the code is going to be further optomized (which is entirely likely), alt+tabbing frequently isn't really that feasible.

That might be more due to the resolution than the PC speed. I have an Athlon 1.8 w/ GeForce Ti4200, and it only takes about 3-5 seconds to tab out.

firex

GDJustin said:

I've got an Athlon XP 2700, 1 gig of pc2700 ram and a geforce 4 ti4200. by no means an uber PC and I can alt-tab out of WOW with no delay. ram makes a huge difference, when I had only 512 it'd take forever to alt-tab.

Also if you just want to play it in windowed, it's like Warcraft 3 - just go to the properties for the shortcut and put -windowed behind it and it'll run in a window.

I can very very rarely get this game at 60fps, and I usually get 30fps... at 60fps the game is unbelievably beautiful, it animates so smoothly my jaw drops a little, and I've been playing it since the start of beta.

firex said:
I've got an Athlon XP 2700, 1 gig of pc2700 ram and a geforce 4 ti4200. by no means an uber PC and I can alt-tab out of WOW with no delay. ram makes a huge difference, when I had only 512 it'd take forever to alt-tab.

Yeah, I have a gig of RAM.

WoW scales very, very well ... almost any machine can run it. But before the final, I'll definitely upgrade to one that can run it WELL.

GDJustin

I suppose it probably is just a RAM issue, then. I'm still running 512 megs.

Top Bottom