• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worms Rumble | Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Worms Rumble is available now on PlayStation Plus!

Worms Rumble is Worms like you’ve never played it before, with intense, real-time, arena-based 32 player cross-platform combat. Get ready for Deathmatch and Last Worm Standing modes where you’re only ever a Holy Hand Grenade away from death!

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
I've not played many Worms games except for Worms 4: Mayhem and Worms Reloaded, but the departure from turn-based tactical gameplay is disappointing.

I agree. Probably not going to play this, it's not really Worms anymore to me. Turn-based gameplay is what Worms was all about and what I would expect from a new entry, so I can't see me enjoying this really.

magaman

Banned
This is what next gen is all about. This is why we needed new hardware. This is why gamers spend $400+. Right here.

Agent X

I might be in the minority here, but after watching the videos in the first two posts by IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo , it seems like it might be worth a try, at least if you've got PS Plus and therefore can download it for free.

I understand some fans' concerns. It's not turn-based, and there are no destructible environments--two long-standing traditions of the Worms series. But does every Worms game have to contain those elements? The developers are clearly trying to mix things up with a real-time game with the Worms and their wacky weapons. It reminds me of an old computer game called Soldat that I played many years ago.

I'm not much into these multiplayer battle games myself, but I'll probably give this a try, at least to see what level of success Team 17 achieved in transplanting Worms into this style of game.

This game is actually pretty good. It's not as good as Crash Commando, but it plays pretty damn good. It's a slower Crash Commando or Soldat. It's free with PS Plus so I recommend giving it a try.

I don’t see myself playing it two months from now, but in the meantime I’m having a lot of fun.
I really like the pistols at dawn weekly game mode

TaqmmoN.gif

Agent X

I finally got around to downloading Worms Rumble for PS4 yesterday. I'd have to say that this turned out to be a very good game!

I got slaughtered rather hard on my first few games. My game has steadily improved after becoming more familiar with the weapons and the level layouts.

If you're just starting off, I recommend that you take some time to learn about the various weapons. Learn their attributes, figure out which weapons are best for particular situations, and how to acquire and switch between them in the heat of battle. The game includes a training area where you can practice with the weapons, but you should also put in a few actual game sessions to see how they affect your opponents.

It's also worth learning the playfields and how to navigate through them. There are some opportunities to conceal yourself and hide from opponents, so that you can prepare to deliver a surprise ambush!

Paulxo87

this game is addicting and fun.

Don't shy away from the roll/baseball bat combo. you can smack the fuck out of ppl and kill em easy

Paulxo87

I go for the shotgun blast baseball bat combo myself.

that shotgun is clutch.

For me the machine gun is my deadliest weapon. esp when fighting 1:1 on a level surface.. just quick aim/look left and right and out joust your opponent basically to shreds

that shotgun is clutch.

For me the machine gun is my deadliest weapon. esp when fighting 1:1 on a level surface.. just quick aim/look left and right and out joust your opponent basically to shreds
I prefer the machine gun as it's a better mid range weapon compared to the shotgun, but if you're face to face with someone the shotgun/bat combo is a far better combo as the machine gun does 15 damage per hit.

crozier

My favorite is the bazooka. And yeah, great game. I hope the community stays intact for at least a few months. I’ve become a bigger fan the more I play.

Last edited:
My favorite is the bazooka. And yeah, great game. I hope the community stays intact for at least a few months.
Well it was free at launch which should help it. Crash Commando lasted for six years. This game has a far bigger reach than Crash Commando. Though I prefer Crash Commando to this as it was faster and harder and had far greater freedom in movement.

Agent X

Don't shy away from the roll/baseball bat combo. you can smack the fuck out of ppl and kill em easy

I go for the shotgun blast baseball bat combo myself.

Yeah, these are good tactics, which I've started to pick up on.

I like hiding in a vent, waiting for an enemy to approach (not knowing that I'm hidden), then surprising him with a shotgun blast. If he decides to jump in to pursue me, then I'll smack him with the bat.

I hope the community stays intact for at least a few months. I’ve become a bigger fan the more I play.

Same here. I was starting to get discouraged early on because I was getting trounced, but that was because I was often plowing straight into enemy fire. Once I started learning the weapons, and how to pace myself and navigate through the levels, the game became much more enjoyable.

Top Bottom