• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst game of 2022

Interfectum

HFW...didn't play it, but there was tons of hype leading up to the release. A week after release nobody was saying a word about it. Just fell off a cliff.

I wasn't a big fan of the first one - so HFW prob not on my radar much TBH.
Yeah...

And for all you Horizon FW fans out there, openAI wrote you all a story to make you feel better.
mWpNbEF.png

Horizon Forbidden West is my GOTY. (Didn't play Elden Ring or Ragnarok. 80% of my game time this year was in HFW or the original)

I understand why people didn't like it (wrote a long post about my thoughts*), but I liked it anyhow, despite all those flaws. 8 out of 10 game, though, not some masterpiece by any stretch. I should probably try Elden Ring, but I'm a bit burnt out on big, open-world games right now.

* https://www.neogaf.com/threads/thou...-west-from-a-big-fan-of-the-original.1642511/
for all the negative reasons mentioned in your linked post, & as a big zero dawn fan, forbidden west was easily my biggest disappointment this year. granted, the only other 2022 releases i've played are elden ring & ghostwire tokyo, both of which i liked, & dying light 2, which i'm not all that crazy about...

Roufianos

Skywalker Saga for me though I didn't play Saints Row.

I know as a man in his late 20s, I'm hardly the target audience, but my God, the gameplay was brain-dead.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It has to be Babylon's Fall. I haven't even tried it but the fact they dropped support means you can't even play it anymore. Shame because I would have bought it if it had an offline mode.
Same. Offline mode would've made me buy Babylon's Fall. It didn't look great but it didn't look the worst

Arsic

Gold Member
Callisto Protocol by a long mile.

How could the leads behind Dead Space create a game where:

Combat is beyond abysmal and unsatisfying
Endless side shimmy, vent crawl loading
Only one actual boss
Awful performance on PC
And not scare me once. At all.

Imagine being this inept to even understand what made you worth a shit to begin with. Yes it has great visuals and use of sound, but that’s it.

I’m on board with a sequel but only if they address all of the above.

Oh and I am one of the only people who played Babylons Fall. I think I clocked 40-50 hours on it. I loved it. 8/10 for me. They needed to launch it free to play as a GaaS model. The combat was sublime, story had a good twist at the end, loot was well thought out , and much more. Absolutely did not get the hate lol. Then again I also really liked Gotham Knights too. So I guess I’m just the target audience for these games.

Woggleman

Is Saints Row really that bad? I remember when some people were saying the series was even better than GTA and now they made one of the worst games of the year. That is a pretty big fall.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Probably Elex II.

I had fun with the first one but the sequel was just a soulless release.

Ywap

Alot of people seem to mention the new Saints Row. I´m tempted to get it for PC on the Epic store sale.

Have you guys tried it after the big November update? If so, still as bad?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It has to be Babylon's Fall. I haven't even tried it but the fact they dropped support means you can't even play it anymore. Shame because I would have bought it if it had an offline mode.
Whats even worse is Gamestop still selling the game for over $50 US right now. The servers are shutting down at the end of Feb 2023. Steam stopped selling the game. Currently at 0 gamers playing.

XBue8bQ.jpg

tmW8SPS.jpg

KrisB

Callisto Protocol by a long mile.

How could the leads behind Dead Space create a game where:

Combat is beyond abysmal and unsatisfying
Endless side shimmy, vent crawl loading
Only one actual boss
Awful performance on PC
And not scare me once. At all.

Imagine being this inept to even understand what made you worth a shit to begin with. Yes it has great visuals and use of sound, but that’s it.
Out of the games I played this year, Callisto was the worst by far. Traded it in after that two-headed boss segment. Really just showed how terrible the combat system was.

Graphics were great but that’s about it.

I didn’t really play anything I truly disliked this year, but I was very disappointed when I found out that Babylon’s Fall was a live service game and I couldn’t even start the demo to try it out which didn’t help either. The sudden drop in support is most likely a sign as well. They probably did me a favor.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Some of the games I played this year:

Death Stranding
Trek to Yomi
Trackmania Turbo
Ghostwire Tokyo
Have a Nice Death
The Falconeer
Ninja Turtles Cowabunga Collection
Ghosts n' Goblins Resurrection
Forza Horizon 4

Not necessarily bad games, just none of them clicked with me. Not one.

Been an awful year for me games-wise. Maybe I should take up knitting.

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Saber

Gold Member
Pokemon.

Barren open world, with garbage low tier phone levels of graphics(visuals are equivalent to Harry Potter garbage phone game), even the monsters themselves have ugly skin textures, re-used dyna challenges that happens to be worse than the previous one, reduced quality of attack animations, performace is abysmal(even after patch), story is disgusting(team "bully" is bad) and the game constantly crash.
Its funny how soycucks defends this game while they huntdown Calisto when they are basically the same. Don't get me wrong, Calisto deserved its criticism. But its so dumb that people overlook or is soft for this game just because its pokemon.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Pfff you have no chance 😜

Well my game doesn't have all that thickness, so yours is better than mine. :goog_relieved:

Being able to test your game on the Deck seems quite cool too, I should check if Game Maker allows for that yet.

Last edited:

Aenima

None of the games that got released in 2023 that i played i could consider bad, much less the worst.

Played some pretty crappy crowdfunded games that are still work in progress, so the worst would be one of those but im not even mention the names.

Mister Wolf

Based on my expectations it would be The Callisto Protocol. I expected alot more from the Dead Space creators in story, gameplay/weapon/enemy variety, and technical performance on PC.

Last edited:

TheMan

Luckily I managed to avoid major stinkers. I'll say that the driving mechanics in NFS Unbound felt ok at first, but after an hour or two the issues rear their heads. You'd think the game wants you drive with style like PGR2 but really the way to win is by avoiding all the sliding and drifting even though the physics for driving that way feel less fun.

begotten

Callisto.

Glen Schofield went full Hollywood and wanted all the spotlight when promoting that game while his team was crunching for a loading screen simulator. Loser.

Ristifer

Oh and I am one of the only people who played Babylons Fall. I think I clocked 40-50 hours on it. I loved it. 8/10 for me. They needed to launch it free to play as a GaaS model. The combat was sublime, story had a good twist at the end, loot was well thought out , and much more. Absolutely did not get the hate lol. Then again I also really liked Gotham Knights too. So I guess I’m just the target audience for these games.
laughter laughing GIF

Horizon Forbidden West is my GOTY. (Didn't play Elden Ring or Ragnarok. 80% of my game time this year was in HFW or the original)

I understand why people didn't like it (wrote a long post about my thoughts*), but I liked it anyhow, despite all those flaws. 8 out of 10 game, though, not some masterpiece by any stretch. I should probably try Elden Ring, but I'm a bit burnt out on big, open-world games right now.

* https://www.neogaf.com/threads/thou...-west-from-a-big-fan-of-the-original.1642511/
why didn't ppl like it?

Top Bottom