• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst movie of 2021?

Worst movie of 2021?

• Total voters

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Umm the new home alone…

Who made this list? It’s missing the actual horrible movies.

Tschumi

I haven't seen The Eternals because I know it would be an odious star vehicle cash grab and so it proved to be.

Voted Matrix.

We are tired of Johnny Depp always playing Jack Sparrow? Of Helena Bonham Carter always playing her kook? Then why aren't we sick of whatsitsname Ironman or whatsitsname Thor... Hemsworth

Liljagare

Voted "Red Notice". I spent the whole film waiting for it to get funny. Which is probably what most everyone who watches it is doing so a good way to keep watching it :).

Spaceman292

Banned
I know humanity has forgotten it already, and deservedly so, but Music was the kind of bad that makes you question the mental stability of the people who made it. Deranged and horrible.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Of the ones I saw - Venom.
Just seemed to be a complete retread of the first film.

xrnzaaas

Venom 2 is really that bad? I kinda liked the first film.

I don't watch a lot of new movies unless I've heard good things about them from like-minded sources. Mortal Kombat is probably the worst one... absolutely horrible in all aspects except for a single cool fatality. There's not even a tournament in the film ffs.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Free guy, Matrix Resurrections and Army of the Dead. Couldn't stand either of them. It's movies like this that makes me question Hollywood cinema. Thank God there is still quality in the movie industry outside the US.

Mortal Kombat for me. Easily the worst film I did see, that’s on the list

It was just a chore and even somehow seemed to make the original seem like it was the dark knight

At least in army of the dead you had some very cool credits (much better than the actual movie and with more creative visuals than the following 2 hours or so) and a couple of great tunes on the soundtrack

I would also say that the Eternals was disappointing & just dull and I have avoided some of the movies on the list ‘waves at gunpowder milkshake, coming2 and red notice as they pass me by’, for now. There is only so much disposable ‘one shot movie’ trash I can take now !!! (See pretty much any ‘big budget Netflix event movie these days)

I even found black widow got much better on second viewing, which surprised me. The relationship between the sisters was actually quite sweet and well played in the quieter moments

Not sure that I have a second viewing of free guy, or infinite in me and I really wanted to like infinite. It was like the film was happy being terrible and squandering a pretty cool concept. Also a special mention to ‘those who wish me dead’. Loved the writer/director’s past movies. But just everything was wrong or off on that movie, from most of the cast to the choices that the movie made and direction the story took

Great Hair

Banned
Matrix worse than Thunderforce?
Sad GIF by MOODMAN

gimmmick

Venom 2 was a waste of fucking time. Good god the movie tried so hard. Wasn’t even remotely funny or interesting to follow with carnage’s story.

YCoCg

Space Jam 2, Tomorrow War and Army of the Dead got my vote.

Matrix was close but it wasn't bad bad, just, didn't need to exist bad and feels like a waste of time.

AgatonSax

I seem to have avoided most of this years rubbish.

Of the options it’s either Venom 2 or Army of the Dead.

I didn’t see Venom 1 so maybe I’m missing some context but I was almost disbelieving at how stupid it was.

Nonetheless I think it has to be Army as that film actively made me cross.

So Army.

GC_DALBEN

Of that list...

Venom 2
Space Jam

THUNDER FORCE (one of the worst movies i saw in my life, i want my 1.5 hours back)

Cleared_Hot

Halloween was a late addition to the list because it was so horrible I forgot it existed. Give it time to get votes.

As for Matrix, it's fresh on the mind so that's why it's getting a lot of votes right now.
Even still it's no where near as bad as so many of these.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Venom 2 is really that bad? I kinda liked the first film.

I don't watch a lot of new movies unless I've heard good things about them from like-minded sources. Mortal Kombat is probably the worst one... absolutely horrible in all aspects except for a single cool fatality. There's not even a tournament in the film ffs.
Nah, venom 2 was good.
But I can understand its not for everyone.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Eternals was really bad too. It was far to long and not really interesting.

Matrix was just boring.

Venom 2 was just bad.

HoodWinked

people really have some severe goldfish brains it's like they can only recall anything recent.

Matrix was annoying and disappointing but there are some really bad films on that list.

Thankfully, I haven't seen a single movie on that list. However, Space jam 2 seemed like the worst out of all of them on that list.

nkarafo

Mortal Kombat was, what's the right word.... insulting.

It thinks it's a serious, quality take on Mortal Kombat. It thinks its better than the previous MK movies and probably any other video game movie. I could feel the smugness of the director while watching it. Scorpion is played by that popular actor who was in some great movies so he thought that might make people think this movie is also good.

What a boring and generic crap that movie was. The first movie wasn't great but at least it wasn't boring. It was quite fun. And the second one is so bad that it's fun to laugh at it. This one though... Its just boring, generic trash. Not even so bad that is good material.

And no, the first fight scene was not that great either, maybe it was ok by TV movie standards. Stop trying to find something good about it. Ok that one fatality was good i guess.

Last edited:
Mortal Kombat and Matrix Ressurections duke it out for king of human filth title of 2021.

Putting these movies on loop in Guantanamo Bay would be a form of torture.

Cleared_Hot

I still haven't seen the new matrix movie. It's that bad? Shit.
No, these people wanted a MCU/Ghostbusters:afterlife style reboot/sequel but got something different so now they're all cranky and shit. Go watch regurgitated movies if that's what you prefer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom