• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst movie of 2021?

Worst movie of 2021?

• Total voters

Winter John

Gold Member
Never seen any of the films on that list. I don't watch superhero movies, them things are for simpletons. I guess the worst film I saw was The Many Saints Of Newark. I expected a movie about the relationship between Tony and his parents, especially his mother. Olivia is one of the most important characters in the series. In the film she gets about 5 minutes. His old man gets less. Instead we got a bunch of nonsense about his uncle, who was barely mentioned in the show. I'd understand it if it was the first part in a trilogy or whatever but as a standalone movie it fucking sucks. I don't know what Chase was thinking.

Laieon

It's Halloween Kills. I fucking love slasher movies and can generally tolerate bad ones, but man was this a huge disappointment after 2018. I'm hoping Ends somehow redeems it, but at this point I think that's wishful thinking.

Lognor

Banned
No, these people wanted a MCU/Ghostbusters:afterlife style reboot/sequel but got something different so now they're all cranky and shit. Go watch regurgitated movies if that's what you prefer.
Eww

I just watched Ghostbusters. It was incredibly mediocre. Not funny at all.

Cleared_Hot

Eww

I just watched Ghostbusters. It was incredibly mediocre. Not funny at all.
It was just a "remember this" movie. Zero creativity, and relying entirely on jokes from the first movie. The entire ending was exactly the same. Why can't they just go okay look the first film was really about this this and this and The characters were really just this this and this. Okay let's start from there and create something new and have fun coming up with ways for these characters to deal with it while simultaneously staying true to the original films actual intent.

It was a spoof on exterminators who have a shitty job, and they're all super cynical, with Murray's character just trying to figure out any way possible to make money bullshitting people.

Nah. Instead, they watched the first film and said okay let's make movie where every gag, every joke, and every ghost/creature is exactly the same but with a little extra silliness. Oh a bill Murray throw away adlib?! Well guess what, he kept the candy bar for fucking 40 years!! Brilliant!!

gizmopub999

Neo Member
bad movies endless trash GIF

The year's almost up and we've had a deluge of terrible movies this year. For the poll, I picked the worst movies I've personally seen this year as well as some of the worst reviewed movies of the year, but I may have missed something. Feel free to mention whatever I missed.

Up to 3 votes each since there's been so many bad movies this year and I refuse to believe you've only seen one.

My bottom three:
Black Widow - Possibly the worst MCU movie. I can usually turn off my brain for MCU movies but this one felt like I needed a lobotomy to enjoy it
Matrix Resurrections - Yet another terrible sequel in a series that should have never been a series. I can go into greater detail but there are dedicated threads for that trainwreck at the moment.
Free Guy - Literally unwatchable for me. I can usually stomach bad movies to their conclusion, but between Ryan Reynold's limited acting range (he acts the same in every movie I've ever seen him in), the writing aimed at teenage gamers, and Disney's nauseating amount of cross-promotional crap... I just couldn't finish it. Had to tap out after 30 minutes.

I'm sure Space Jam would be in my bottom 3 as well if I saw it, but I made the wise choice to skip that stinker.

Edit: added Army of the Dead and increased the amount of votes to three, because it was accidentally set to two. My mistake!
Edit2: Added Halloween Kills. Keep in mind it's possible to change votes if you like
Gotta be Space Jam 2

Top Bottom