• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you have done what jon snow did?

Blade2.0

So before I get started there are going to be spoilers for season 8.

So if you ever watched season 8 you know that Jon Snow had sex with his aunt then broke it off and then she went on to kill a lot of people and ruin her whole goal.

So my question for everyone out there is would you have broken it off?

True she's your aunt, but she's also stupid hot and she wants to ride your dick all the time so I mean... Also doesn't hurt that that if he had stayed with her he would be king of the Free world. It's hard to see too many downsides. Plus you already fucked her anyways so it's not like you're undoing anything except fucking her would keep her from killing countless civilians.

Just seems like a no brainer here.

Kilau

I would never have turned my back on Ygritte.

rose leslie GIF

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Stabbed home girl in the heart?

I doubt it. In the medieval world it seems like a good idea to keep someone like her around.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

So if you ever watched season 8 you know that Jon Snow had sex with his aunt then broke it off and then she went on to kill a lot of people and ruin her whole goal.

True she's your aunt, but she's also stupid hot and she wants to ride your dick all the time so I mean... Also doesn't hurt that that if he had stayed with her he would be king of the Free world. It's hard to see too many downsides. Plus you already fucked her anyways so it's not like you're undoing anything except fucking her would keep her from killing countless civilians.

Unlike people pretend john snow isn't a low IQ idiot. He's a slow learner but he does learn as he says himself. And he learned the following.

- The queen is a massive dictator that will cull everybody and slaughter everything in her way, pure evil. Nobody profits from this.
- She will eventually die anyway, or everything will implode as she can't rule for shit. which was proven over and over again, so if he wants to keep in power he will have to kill her sooner rather then later.
- Marrying her, will result in his name being tainted massively and even if he does get rid of her he will never get rid of the name. He realizes he's also not smart enough to run the realm even remotely, he knows you need more then a good hart for that, his father was a good example. So he would be fast dealt with after her dead.
- The next little finger takes the throne and will start a massive shit show for the population and everybody around it
- The dragon chick will start a war with his family sooner rather or later in the north, which sets him for dilemmas and basically ends in the deletion of his entire family, these dragon cunts are untrustworthy.
- needs to look behind his back his entire life.

With killing her.
- He ends her tirade before it does more damage
- Everybody knows he killed her, so he's not stained.
- He faces judgement then and lets the ruling over towards other party's now there is relative peace
- He probably will be exiled, to a place where he was born for anyway. His family will most likely be fine.
- Gathers massive amounts of respect by everybody he knows, they trusted him and he proved his worth.
- He's more into northern chicks anyway.
- Doesn't have incest kids, that are half brain dead or no kids at all because i do believe she can't get kids.

The end was great, the execution only how they filmed it was not.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Unlike people pretend john snow isn't a low IQ idiot. He's a slow learner but he does learn as he says himself. And he learned the following.

- The queen is a massive dictator that will cull everybody and slaughter everything in her way, pure evil. Nobody profits from this.
- She will eventually die anyway, or everything will implode as she can't rule for shit. which was proven over and over again, so if he wants to keep in power he will have to kill her sooner rather then later.
- Marrying her, will result in his name being tainted massively and even if he does get rid of her he will never get rid of the name. He realizes he's also not smart enough to run the realm even remotely, he knows you need more then a good hart for that, his father was a good example. So he would be fast dealt with after her dead.
- The next little finger takes the throne and will start a massive shit show for the population and everybody around it
- The dragon chick will start a war with his family sooner rather or later in the north, which sets him for dilemmas and basically ends in the deletion of his entire family, these dragon cunts are untrustworthy.
- needs to look behind his back his entire life.

With killing her.
- He ends her tirade before it does more damage
- Everybody knows he killed her, so he's not stained.
- He faces judgement then and lets the ruling over towards other party's now there is relative peace
- He probably will be exiled, to a place where he was born for anyway. His family will most likely be fine.
- Gathers massive amounts of respect by everybody he knows, they trusted him and he proved his worth.
- He's more into northern chicks anyway.
- Doesn't have incest kids, that are half brain dead or no kids at all because i do believe she can't get kids.

The end was great, the execution only how they filmed it was not.

They needed like 2 more seasons to really flesh all that ending stuff out and develop all these plot points and character beats. Instead they packed everything into like 3 episodes and people travelled the world at lightning speed because plot.

Kenpachii

They needed like 2 more seasons to really flesh all that ending stuff out and develop all these plot points and character beats. Instead they packed everything into like 3 episodes and people travelled the world at lightning speed because plot.

Yea season 8 was the worst at this, they parked the characters for multiple episodes in that castle doing dick shit, then moved at lighting speed again to the end.

The whole walkers should have been a season entirely on its own if not two, and the last battle and buildup at the castle and stuff after it should have been at least a season but they rushed it so dam hard.

Wildebeest

Whatever. He can pretend he is doing something which is best for the people, then abdicate, but all those stupid tribal arseholes will be feuding again in twenty years max.

DKehoe

The people making the show also shied away from some of the more brutal things Dany does (like ordering the murder of children) because they wanted to keep their main characters as likeable as possible. For the same reason they also sanded down Tyrion's more unlikable aspects. But because they were then doing the ending GRRM has told them Dany suddenly goes viciously mad with very little build-up, whereas in the books there have been numerous hints and foreshadowing for it.

Benioff and Weiss also seemed to reach a point where they wanted to be done and move on to something else so like you say the endgame was done at an accelerated pace.

sono

Gold Member
I am envious of other people who know what you are talking about. I only know Jon Snow as the British news reporter.. What am I missing

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Yes, but I would’ve taken a few more seasons to get there so it didn’t seem like a decision made with a blade of Valyrian dog shit forged for ten thousand years in the fires of DB and DBW doing ass to ass like Requiem for Dream, but with a blade of shit instead of a double ended dildo, which Valyrian dog shit blade was subsequently used to figuratively stab hearts of SoIaF fans but with Dragon Lady as proxy for the on screen version

Laieon

Without reading the post and only reading the thread title, because this is the internet....

Move north? Yeah, I live in Houston and fucking hate summer.

My ideal temperature is like 20f.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

Incest seems to lead to mental instability, when it comes to birthing children, off of a relationship, from that.

Rush2112

Banned
Season 8 isn’t worth discussing. None of the events are canon. It’s just silly fan fic written by a couple of airheads who work at HBO. The actual story will never be finished.

Last edited:
Top Bottom