• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you pay $200 ($140 US?) to go skydiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Some friends are pushing for me to join them [this week, I think], but I'm not so sure. I think it'd be a fun experience, but that's so much money. I'm an unemployedstudent. I can't spend that much unless I'm positive I won't regret it.

I guess this is directed at either anyone who has gone before or has even considered it.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Yeah I would. It seems like it would be an experience of a lifetime.

Socreges

Banned
Well, that's a requirement for the first go.

Have you gone before? Does it take a lot away from the experience?

way more

Funny you should ask, my friend always begged me to go with him but I figured I'd rather spend the time and money on a class where I could learn to do it solo. So he he goes out and does it on his own, like the day before school starts. He told me that it was great fun but it was awkward for both him and the instructer to be strapped together.

For me, it wouldn't be worth it. It's like being on a rollercoaster, you've paid to try to scare yourself, but let's face it, you're not gonna die, you're safe the entire time. So tell them you don't have the cash and listen to how much fun they had.

Socreges said:
Some friends are pushing for me to join them [this week, I think], but I'm not so sure. I think it'd be a fun experience, but that's so much money. I'm an unemployedstudent. I can't spend that much unless I'm positive I won't regret it.

I guess this is directed at either anyone who has gone before or has even considered it.
not if you can't afford it... if they're pushing so much, tell them to split the cost to pay for your first time :D

I wouldn't do it given your understandable financial situation. Barring an unexpected death, you'll still be able to do it when you're 30, and if you start living life like you're going to die within the next decade, well, that's just wrong.

B'z-chan

Banned
Ah thats really cheap in compasirson to how much Sky Diving trips usually cost. I would do it two times for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom