• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you preorder The Witcher 4?

Would you preorder The Witcher 4?

• Yes

Votes: 170 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 318 58.5%
  • Depends

Votes: 56 10.3%

• Total voters
Straightforward question. State your reasons if you can.

bump update: It's been almost 1 year since Cyberpunk 2077 released. You can do some research and discover for yourself whether the game is in a good state. With that information, as well as the other games launches that you have witnessed since then, does anyone want to change their vote?

Last edited:

Aenima

Hell NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Once you mess up big time like CDPR did with Cyberbugs, my trust in you its gone. From now on it will always be a wait a see. I love the Witcher series, so would wait for other users feedback about the game, yes users, not fucking reviwers that are only sent the best version of the game. If the game runs well in the platform i own, its a buy, if not its a wait for bargain bin sale.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Geralt Of Rivia Money GIF

Day one

Tommi84

If the price is right, I'd even buy their collectors edition. The only one I don't have is Witcher 2

Derktron

Banned
First off stop preordering games, why do people do this still the game is still going to be there when it comes out. Unless you want some incentive where you can play early then sure why the fuck not. But why continue to even do this or even ask this. We should learn from the mistakes when supporting devs when it comes to releasing games. For fuck, fucking, fuck, fucking, fuck sakes. Dammit, when will people learn. DO NOT PREORDER ANY GAME!! I can care less if this a hyperbolic question. Rant over.

LostDonkey

Hate the Witcher series. Can't get into any of them, I own them all, they just don't resonate with me.

Weirdly though I loved Cyberpunk.

BootsLoader

Banned
Nope. Not buying hype again. Gonna wait for all videos, trailers, gameplay sneak peeks, graphical downgrades, previews, reviews to happen and then will buy it.

Denton

I mean, I preordered Witcher 1, Witcher 2, Witcher 3, Thronebreaker and Cyberpunk 2077 - and enjoyed all of them a ton, with TW1, TW2, TW3 and C77 being my GOTYs in their respective years.
So sure, I would definitely preorder another Witcher 4 Collector's Edition; this company makes my dream games and has yet to let me down. Of course it helps that I play on highend PC and had no significant issues with any of their games at launch.

why ... even ask this
Honestly?

I have no Idea (seriously, no Idea) why people preorder games, especially not these days. This is a poll born of genuine curiousity.

So I picked the company with the most recent large-scale game launch that ended up buggy and unfinished, then looked at a game that would have public demand if it were announced and asked if people would still preorder.

Some insightful replies here already.

Last edited:
No. Prior to CP2077 CDPR was one of the only companies I'd preorder from. Post CP2077 there's 0 chance I'll preorder anything from them again.

Derktron

Banned
Honestly?

I have no Idea (and I truly mean this, no Idea) why people preorder games, especially not these days. This is a poll born of genuine curiousity.

So I picked the company with the most recent large-scale game launch that ended up buggy and unfinished, and looked at a game that would have public demand if it were announced.

Some insightful replies here already.
Who cares, stop fucking preordering anything no matter if this is an "insightful" topic. We all should be against it. That's why companies keep fucking us in the ass because people refuse to stop preordering games. Is that "insightful" enough?

Hate the Witcher series. Can't get into any of them, I own them all, they just don't resonate with me.

Weirdly though I loved Cyberpunk.
In the same boat. Boat Witcher 3 based on hype. Found it fun for the first few hours then bored me to tears.

Cyberpunk (though flawed) has some promise and I actually enjoyed that. Don't like the fact the developer misled console owners on performance of the game but oh well. I'm awake to CDPR and their bullshit now.

Senua

In the same boat. Boat Witcher 3 based on hype. Found it fun for the first few hours then bored me to tears.

Cyberpunk (though flawed) has some promise and I actually enjoyed that. Don't like the fact the developer misled console owners on performance of the game but oh well. I'm awake to CDPR and their bullshit now.
I could never get into TW3 until I went through and played them all in order, one of my fav series of all time now, and also the first game might even be my favourite lol

KiNeMz

Banned
First off stop preordering games, why do people do this still the game is still going to be there when it comes out. Unless you want some incentive where you can play early then sure why the fuck not. But why continue to even do this or even ask this. We should learn from the mistakes when supporting devs when it comes to releasing games. For fuck, fucking, fuck, fucking, fuck sakes. Dammit, when will people learn. DO NOT PREORDER ANY GAME!! I can care less if this a hyperbolic question. Rant over.
Agree with you 100%. It's gotta stop.

Hinedorf

Banned
Witcher 4 is going to blow out preorders simply because of Witcher 3. For me though zero chance I preorder almost any game at this point.

Gone

Banned
The only games I pre ordered were Battlefield 4 and Forza Horizon 3.

I normally don't pre order games but I might do it for the next Battlefield.

DavidGzz

Yes, I think CD Project Red got in over their heads with Cyberpunk. Too ambitious. I think The Witcher 4 will be a more focused adventure. I think they've learned their lesson.

Senua

The only games I pre ordered were Battlefield 4 and Forza Horizon 3.

I normally don't pre order games but I might do it for the next Battlefield.
Why in the love of fuck would you pre order an EA game of all the cunts

Who cares, stop fucking preordering anything no matter if this is an "insightful" topic. We all should be against it. That's why companies keep fucking us in the ass because people refuse to stop preordering games. Is that "insightful" enough?
Relax, my man. We're saying the same thing. I consider preordering equivalent to funding early access games, or the promise of a game, especially these days.

But If members of a forum like this still preorder from CDPR just 5 months after Cyberpunk, then nothing will change about the way games are released any time soon.

If it won't stop, at least I can find out why people do it.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Witcher 3 was also a big downgrade, full of marketing deception and buggy as hell at launch - really only getting where it needed to be after patching

Their big saving grace was that people were just desperately hungry for a next gen experience in 2015 and the nearest point of comparison in open world RPG was Bethesda’s even buggier crap, so all the issues that weren’t acceptable for Cyberunk got overlooked

Dream-Knife

Banned
Nope. With how bad games are getting, I will only preorder Monolithsoft and Atlus games now.

I picked up Witcher 3 on hype, and got pretty bored with it.

Top Bottom