• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you preorder The Witcher 4?

Would you preorder The Witcher 4?

• Yes

Votes: 170 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 318 58.5%
  • Depends

Votes: 56 10.3%

• Total voters

Kokoloko85

Not a big fan of the witcher games, I pre ordered the very first and bought witcher 3 and don’t like the combat in either.
Plus CP2077 made me doubt any game they make at launch.
Will wait, play a demo of the combat and then make a decision.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'm 100 hrs into my first playthrough, going through the first expansion and absolutely loving it, tried when it first came out but didn't click and with having a few weeks off on the tom dick I got right into it and now I can see why every cunt raves about it... But would I fuck preorder a video game, don't you idiots know by now companies release these things half arsed cause fuckwits like you keep preording?

nah, i’ll hold off for reviews + gameplay.

if it’s awesome day 1 then i’ll buy it. If i need to wait a year for it to be patched and get DLC i’ll do that.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Fuck modern setting, medivial fantasy 3rd person thank you
giphy.gif

Mattyp

Gold Member
Can anyone explain preordering any game? Deadset they aren’t a ‘limited’ volume of items and if you don’t preorder your not going miss out.

You don’t pay for any services up front until the works completed, why gamers continue to give away money to corporations worth billions because they worry about ‘the team’ is mind blowing.

Stop preordering fucking games.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I always wait for the GotY edition that has all paid dlc bundled in to go on discount from CDPR. Great value and some of the bugs are even fixed by then.

jm89

Hell no. This is not just a cd project red thing, open world games are the riskiest to pre order.

ssringo

Sure. CDPR have always treated PC well. And if its a shitshow refunds are a thing.

CP2077 wasn't great but I enjoyed it and got my money's worth without considering future patches and such.

You mean Polish Fantasy Cyberpunk?

Pre-ordering should be fine as long as it doesn't simultaneously launch on every platform.

If it starts out PC and is ported to console later, you have nothing to worry about.

That said, while pre-ordering will be fine, the longer you wait, the cheaper and better it will be.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The Witcher 3 was a masterpiece, a phenomenal game, while CyberPunk 2077 was a disastrous, disrespectful, overhyped garbage. So no, we need to see the game running on all platforms, and wait for it to get to trusted reviewers before giving them a second chance.

The Witcher 3 was pretty buggy as well, but CP2077 is just a circus.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Yes on PC and Xbox no on PS5 until there policy changes.

As long as I can get my money back no real risk.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
I'm not even regretting preorder cyberpunk on two platforms. CDPR is still the most pro-consumer dev in the industry.

It's the fucking executives botched Cyberpunk launch and I think even they learned the lession. Actual developers should not get punished for their hard work.

Fbh

I don't pre order any games, so no.

If I did I guess it would depend on what they showed.

If it's all stuff like heavily edited "vertical slices" running on some unspecified super high end PC, cinematic trailers and "journalists" talking about demos they saw behind closed doors I'd be very skeptical.

But if they actually show extensive gameplay running on all platforms and allow the media to actually show preview stuff including uncut gameplay . Then I'd be more optimistic.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I don't understand the reason for pre-ordering when xbox lets you download the full game prior to release even if you haven't bought it. I guess maybe if there's some epic perks for pre-order?

harmny

Banned
For sure, I preordered CP2077 on PS4 and asked CDPR for a refund of my CP2077 disc (still have it unopened) and they sent me $60+tax to paypal without asking for the game back. Sweet deal 10/10 best pre order ever.

Cdpr are fucking scammers. People here were right

Last edited:

bxrz

I dont preorder any games but if Witcher 4 is good, ill buy it.

I liked Witcher 3 and CP had a good story at least

Last edited:

scydrex

No. Because i learned from Witcher 3 to wait until the first or all the DLC comes out or wait at least a year. I played Witcher 3 at launch and liked it a lot. Then i brought both DLC and i told myself damn i should have waited for more updates. The fixes and better inventory, etc. Other reason now? Cyberpunk...

Last edited:

MaulerX

Absolutely. The Witcher 4 would be next-gen only.

CDPR fucked up with Cyberpunk no doubt. But let's be honest, the last year with COVID and developing for cross-gen and current-gen (thats 7 consoles and a myriad of PC graphics cards) must have been hell on earth.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
YES. Would pre-order a few days beforehand. Did the same with Cyberpunk 2077. I'm waiting for the current gen upgrade because I want the better stuff but also because im trying to catch up with the launch titles and whatnot before playing Cyberpunk 2077. Also, there's a few FPS games (Necromunda Hired Gun, Bright Memory Infinite, Wolfenstein III and Crossfire X campaign) that I want to play before Cyberpunk 2077 because despite it's issues, I know it's going to be the better overall game so im trying to hold off until the current gen upgrade. As for The Wither 4, The Witcher 3 was my PS4/XBO game of the generation so yeah, it would be pre-ordered and played day one.

slade

I liked the Witcher 3 well enough but just could not get into it in subsequent playthroughs. Got all its DLC which I never played. Would not preorder Witcher 4.

Top Bottom