• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you preorder The Witcher 4?

Would you preorder The Witcher 4?

• Yes

Votes: 170 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 318 58.5%
  • Depends

Votes: 56 10.3%

• Total voters

SweetShark

No but only because I never played a Witcher game before...
I own all the games I don't have time to play them. Fuck!!!

No, even if Cyberpunk never existed, Witcher 3 was the only game CDPR made that was worth buying new and even that I bought 2 years later for $7 with all the DLC.

I really liked The Witcher 3. I also installed a bunch of mods to make it play and look better so the version I'm reviewing isn't even the actual game.

Bogeyman

Banned
Hell yea.

Sure, they've lost some goodwill with Cyberpunk. But that's a bit like Elon Musk losing a $100 bill. There's still plenty left.

W3 remains my GOAT. There's a good chance Witcher4 won't be able to live up to that. But it's nearly impossible it'd be so bad that it wouldn't be worthwhile spending 50 quid or whatever for.

Last edited:

fermcr

Cyberpunk was a very good game on the PC...
I don't preorder games, but I would likely purchase The Witcher 4 on release.

mortal

Gold Member
Why would I preorder a game that I have seen literally nothing from? Especially after how Cyberpunk 2077 turned out at launch?

Kokoloko85

No. Ill wait to try the combat on my brothers game and then decide.
I normally I only preorder FromSoftware Miyzaki games, Kojima games, 1st party Nintendo and Playstation games and some odd games games like Resident Evil etc. Some indies too

Nope. I never preorder games in general because of how broken they are at launch.
KJiDXtu.gif

👍👍👍👍👍

Majormaxxx

Yes I will preorder it, collector's edition even. Cyber2077 is in top5 my fav game ever (pc player) and I got exactly what I expected from it, a deus ex-lite open world game, I didnt expect futuristic GTA like some did. When CDProjekt put outs a game, I will be there.
Unfortunately the npcs and vehicles in cyberpunk are broken. They should have hired someone who made an open world driving game before. I am currently playing my old gta 3 copy and the car and npcs behave better than the ones in cyberpunk. There's a disconnect between the open world and the missions. If they fix this missing link, they will fix the game.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

Hell yea.

Sure, they've lost some goodwill with Cyberpunk. But that's a bit like Elon Musk losing a $100 bill. There's still plenty left.

W3 remains my GOAT. There's a good chance Witcher4 won't be able to live up to that. But it's nearly impossible it'd be so bad that it wouldn't be worthwhile spending 50 quid or whatever for.
W3 is my goat a well. I loved it. I have posters on my wall, art books in my bookshelf, music CDs, game copies on all platforms etc, multiple ps4 copies etc... That's why I pre-ordered Cyberpunk... That went well...

Majormaxxx

CDPR had a bulletproof reputation. They were like the old Google slogan - "don't be evil". Cyberpunk was hyped beyond measure. They have a looong way to go to redeem themselves.

Nah. I didn’t preorder Witcher 3. I played the 360 version of 2 while waiting 6 months after launch to get W3 when it was a little cheaper, it was still buggy as fuck on Xbox, so I took it back. Waited a couple years and got it on sale with the DLC for a decent price and it was mostly patched up by then and had HDR on Xbox One S. Had a good time. Didn’t preorder CP2077 either, but got it for $20 on sale a couple months ago.

I didn’t really like the game that much so I took it back. Probably won’t get it again even if they manage to ever get the next gen version out. I would be cautiously optimistic about a Witcher 4 at best despite enjoying 2 and 3.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

I rarely do. But like any game, it depends on how the pre launch coverage is handled. 2077 was obviously gonna have problems, we just didn't expect that many problems.

mrBandoza

Neo Member
No. Never Pre-order games. What you get when you pre-order:

- The worst version of the game
- The most expensive game

This true for all games. Only reason to pre-order would be if you play online and want to unlock the game so you can play it properly. :)

No. Never Pre-order games. What you get when you pre-order:

- The worst version of the game
- The most expensive game

This true for all games. Only reason to pre-order would be if you play online and want to unlock the game so you can play it properly. :)
Or if it's a limited run print, ala limited run games or super rare games. So technically i'll still pre order those lol.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Didn't like Witcher 3 all that much and Cyberpunk's release was a shit show, so no.

zkorejo

Nothing against cdpr, I will never preorder any game. The entire concept is stupid. Why the fuck should I pay days/months before getting the game in return? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Kenpachii

I only pre-order the moment i know i like the game anyway. Like a new AC game. I know what to expect from it.
Same goes for age of empire 4 and battlefield, i know what i get into.

For witcher 4. as cdpr is king of bullshit trailers, i rather wait on its release and see how it goes.

SkylineRKR

Don't ever pre order software, its not needed. Sometimes you might get a huge benefit such as a free Season pass or something. Then you could consider it but otherwise don't. Games won't be sold out ever, and can always be purchased digitally unless pulled lol.

Mostly I would buy a game later on, and still get the pre order bonuses anyway.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
No. But I don't typically preorder digital games because there's no reason to with fast internet. But it if it reviewed well up to release. . .absolutely would purchase. CP77 is one of the best narrative experiences I've played and a pretty fun first person shooter - warts and all.

Polelock

I would, only because they are not trying some new shit. Its a tried and true design. I may be a fool but I am an absolute Witcher simp.

Laptop1991

No, i stopped pre ordering games a while a go now, and the state of Cyberpunk, GTA def edition and the new Battlefield on release is the reason why, that doesn't mean i'm not looking forward to the game though, i love the Witcher 3, great game.

Top Bottom