• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow... Anya Taylor Joy is pretty HOT

mango drank

Her depth perception must be amazing.

I started watching Queen's Gambit, and I was liking it all right ... but then I found out it's not based on a true story--it's just fiction? For some reason I assumed this was the story of a lesser-known chess prodigy or something. I'm a sucker for real-life savant stories. Ah whatever, I'll give it a chance.

giphy.gif

mango drank

Anyone know if they're playing actual chess on the show, or if it's just nonsense moves and narrow-focus camera shots obfuscating it all? I don't know jack about chess. I gotta imagine the showrunners are putting some effort into making it realistic, because chess nerds would raise nerdy hell otherwise.

Also, what is she addicted to? Benzos?

Grinchy

Banned
She's weird-looking hot for sure. I remember wanting to fuck her after seeing Split. I think she was in the newest season of Peaky Blinders as well, but maybe that was just a different alien chick.

She's too strange for my taste. And I like strange faces.
That's why I love Lily Cole, even if she looks like Stewie sometimes.
original-7ac03c01-8444-11e6-8bc5-630f492dd176look-lily-cole-1-8682686-1-ita-it-1-jpg.jpg
Lol you should have posted the girl in your profile pic instead. Who is that btw?

Somebody needs to sit her down and tell her that tying her hair back is not a good look on that empty face.

50% human 50% forehead.
Now your being generous here. Fix the ratios at least. That's gotta be a five or six-head right there.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Anyone know if they're playing actual chess on the show, or if it's just nonsense moves and narrow-focus camera shots obfuscating it all? I don't know jack about chess. I gotta imagine the showrunners are putting some effort into making it realistic, because chess nerds would raise nerdy hell otherwise.

Also, what is she addicted to? Benzos?
She is addicted to tranquilizers so yeah Bennies. Also they absolutely are using real openings and all those books exist in the real world. They are correct about scoring and how Russia is basically unbeatable. Such a great show so far IMO. So refreshing.

lock2k

Banned
I just started watching the series and 4 episodes in I still think she is totally derpy and alien looking but she looks really good on video despite being weird as fuck. Her photos don't represent her well in comparison to video. Thread is still funny as fuck.

Top Bottom