• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WoW: The Burning Crusade Classic |Hype| Back Through the Dark Portal

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It was all real! May 18th pre-patch, June 1st release!

Oh and all sorts of superfluous shit if you're into that

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Little more info today. Price of character cloning lowered from $35 to $15, the oldest trick in the book

And they're connecting the Classic-forever realms together as we knew they would, but as soon as prepatch

AV

Are there any realms with a viable 1-70 leveling population?

Use this as a loose way of checking which servers are the busiest, numbers won't be super accurate but it's a good indication:

Azeroth is probably pretty dead at this point though. Paid 1-58 boosts are available in BC Classic and a lot of people making alts will just buy that.

Tg89

BC is just so good. Really is peak WoW for me. It's a shame how steep of a decline the game had beginning with Wrath. Enjoying the hell out of this so far on my Shaman but it kinda sucks knowing it'll end eventually. That said, at this point in my life it's a bit too much a time dedication to do long term, so having this to revisit every few years will be fun.

AV

I didn't really bother posting here since interest seemed so dead, but yeah, been having a blast. Took two weeks off work for launch (what else am I gonna do right now?), found a great group of guys, ended up becoming an officer in their guild, cleared Kara and Gruul, got my epic flyer, farmed some BGs and heroics, it's been great so far.

treemk

Banned
Use this as a loose way of checking which servers are the busiest, numbers won't be super accurate but it's a good indication:

Azeroth is probably pretty dead at this point though. Paid 1-58 boosts are available in BC Classic and a lot of people making alts will just buy that.
Thanks, I am aware of that site. My problem is a leveled on Incendius which is now completely dead horde side, so now I either pay Blizz for a transfer or level on a new realm. I was just hoping someone would have knowledge of servers with good leveling populations, I enjoy the process if there are enough people to find groups. As much as I want to play, I really think Blizz mismanaged the realm population issues and I hate rewarding them with extra fees for that. How hard is it to allow horde to transfer off of a realm that is now 100% alliance.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: AV

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
My wife has been playing WoW for as long as I've known her, I played TBC well into release maybe a year before WotLK and never went back to WoW after that. Though, that probably had more to do with me getting a new duty station and moving to a new state back when I was in the military than anything to do with the state of the game at the time. I had a great time with those two expansions though.

Anyways, kinda saw all the excitement she had for TBC Classics release and decided to give it another go.

I'm having a blast, I'm much more comfortable with the keyboard and mouse and just PC gaming in general than I was back then, I think when I played TBC originally I was just getting into PC gaming.

We are having a blast, convinced my buddy to join and have been playing a few hours a night now for the last week. I just hit Lvl. 30 on an Undead Warlock and am in love with the class, lots to manage and keep myself busy with in fights, dot dot dot, health drain, shadowbolt, dot dot dot..etc. Very cool. The 3 of us will sit in a Discord and just talk shit and goof around. I like that my wife has played for so long as my buddy and I have relegated her to our personal Lore Master/Tour Guide.

We made our own Guild in anticipation of a Guild Bank being implemented so that we can all help each other with materials for professions. Best Friends Club forever!!!

Been using this addon called Immersion which drastically encourages me to actually read the quests and gives flavor and context for what you are doing. Slows down the process of everything, but it's a lot more enjoyable.

I've also been spending more time with the auction house and think I've made more in the last week than I did in a few MONTHS the first time around. Some of the addon tools are very powerful and streamline the process of selling stuff so much and it's drastically increased my engagement with the system as a whole.

All in all, REALLY ENJOYING myself and can't wait to jump back in whenever I get a bit of free time. My daughter's first birthday is coming up and having a 1 year old doesn't leave us with a lot of time to play together, but we are really enjoying the few hours a day we can get.

If any of you want to play for the Horde on Mankrik and not in a SUPER serious matter, by all means, hit me up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom